Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:56:56 PM
714456 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hogan Knows Best /Gene Simmons Family Jewels « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hogan Knows Best /Gene Simmons Family Jewels  (Read 2233 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: August 28, 2006, 07:51:22 PM »

Ok..........here's everyones favorite topic. Reality TV. Been watching HOGAN KNOWS BEST and GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS lately. What do you think of these shows?

raj

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 01:06:45 PM »

I caught a snippet of the Simmon's show.  It was a scene where Gene Simmons was upset that his 13 year old daughter went to meet her boyfriend.  Gene was upset that his daughter was dressed like a streetwalker.  Shannon Tweed blithely dismissed it as "13 is the new 16."  Not, mind you, that he did anything about it, but when Gene Simmons is upset about the way young girls dress, there just might be a problem.
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 09:01:53 PM »

I don't actually watch these shows because I swore off cable from my college budget. But I do hold some firm Marxist opinions towards television: Every second you're watching television, you're not bettering yourself or your community. So there you go.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 09:01:53 PM »

double posting is the wave of the future.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 09:09:21 PM »

I'm just wondering when the reality is going to show up in reality TV....
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 02:17:03 AM »

Scottie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't actually watch these shows because I swore
> off cable from my college budget. But I do hold
> some firm Marxist opinions towards television:
> Every second you're watching television, you're
> not bettering yourself or your community. So there
> you go.

I disagree.
Of course, I would, considering I was in special classes as a kid, & was usually getting yelled at more than I was being taught. Still, I'd have to say I learned more from watching TV than I ever learned in school.

And it still surprises me every time I'm speaking with somebody who's been to college who gives me that "rugh?" look, & keeps having to interrupt me to ask "what's a such&such" every time I'm trying to explain the device conflicts of having 2004 parts in a 2000 motherboard.

And the people I've met who can't pronounce the word ANONYMITY... Don't get me started.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 05:04:32 AM »

raj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I caught a snippet of the Simmon's show.  It was a
> scene where Gene Simmons was upset that his 13
> year old daughter went to meet her boyfriend.
> Gene was upset that his daughter was dressed like
> a streetwalker.  Shannon Tweed blithely dismissed
> it as "13 is the new 16."  Not, mind you, that he
> did anything about it, but when Gene Simmons is
> upset about the way young girls dress, there just
> might be a problem.

I guess he forgot about the time way back in 1977 when he wrote and sang Christine Sixteen
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 06:22:58 AM »

I've seen the Hogan show, but not the Simmons show, since it debuted after I moved and got rid of cable. I have a low tolerance for Gene Simmons in general. I toughed out his appearance on "Fresh Air" to plug his book hoping he might have something interesting about having lasted so long in a business where every album or tour could be the one where people decide they are finished with you. Instead he just spent most of the time making lame innuendoes and baiting the host. I expected a certain level of crassness (he is Gene Simmons of Kiss after all), but I also hoped for some wit or insight. Gene's not a dumb guy, especially compared to other rock stars or even other members of his own group.

Simmons pulling the old "Do as I say, not as I do (or did)." Sounds like lots of parents I've known. It's always DIFFERENT when it's your kid.

Hogan's show just seemed to be him acting grouchy and overprotective "for the kids' own good" , the kids pouting, and the wife wigging out over strange and contrived things (the whole pets and neighbors problem).

And why would reality intrude on a reality show? They have "producers" and "story editors" to coordinate things beforehand and shape the footage afterwards to suit the story. They may not call them "writers" but they still tell a story.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hogan Knows Best /Gene Simmons Family Jewels « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.