Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:32:24 PM
714475 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  United 93 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: United 93  (Read 3038 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 09:56:29 AM »

The critic for our local daily gave the film an "A." This on a score of "A" to "F." The critic for the major local daily east of where I live, also gave it an "A." And the critic for local weekly also gave it a favorable review. And what was the #1 film for that weekend--"R.V." I guess quality does not always triumph at the boxoffice.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 12:43:56 PM »

Personally, I have no interest in seeing a movie about this subject. I didn't watch the TV-movie last year on A&E about it either.

Isn't it funny that A&E advertised their TV-movie all over the place when they broadcast it, yet there wasn't any backlash or anything? It was as if no one even knew that it had been made.

Jed Siple
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 08:32:58 PM »

I think this movie looks phenominal.  I don't think it's too soon.  As a matter of fact, I think it's not soon enough.  It's about time somebody in Hollywood put out a movie that's NOT a remake of another movie.  I mean, come on, James Cameron is planning to remake HIS OWN MOVIE, TITANIC!!!  I think the reason some in the media think this film is "too soon" is that it will most likely grab people, get them feeling emotional, and might just even make them a little more patriotic.

Well, whatever it is your not doing, go don't do it somewhere else!
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 08:52:15 AM »

Yeah, that's one good thing about... definitly not a remake; a reinactment, but no remake. How this differs from selling chunks of the rubble is beyond me.
Susan
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 10:16:09 PM »

The idea of this film being made at this time turns my stomach. Sure there's a curiosity for everyone and most will succumb and see the film. And naturally because the events of 9-11 are still so fresh on our minds, where some of us just by mere recollection can summon tears, will probably cry and break down and be moved by the film. But that's where the film takes advantage, of COURSE showing the events of 9-11 are going to play at our heartstrings. That's what they're hoping, increases ticket sales. And then you have those that say it's our patriotic duty, we have this great tribute to them, to remember. WE MUST REMEMBER

I don't think i'll ever forget, my entire life until I'm buried the emotional scars that 9-11 left. I don't need to sit in a theater with a bucket of popcorn and nachos to recapture that feeling in time. It was only 5 years ago for christ sake.

Schindlers list had to be told. So many years had gone by and the horrors were becoming something merely taught in history class. Survivors were dying of old age and their stories being forgotten. I mean I had a survivor come to our school and tell about the horrors but somehow that didn't quite put a face to it like the movie.Because the movie allowed us to see and experience a tragedy in our history that happened before many of us were born, and because news events of that time censored much of it..nobody really knew the extent of it. And then it just become a bunch of numbers and facts. But the movie put humanity on it, and we related to the people and what they went through.

But again, 9-11 is the most documented event in recorded history. We have plenty of pictures, videos, documentaries, stories as well as our own memories to keep that fresh. No, there isn't any chance of me forgetting. I've refused to see this movie on my own personal stance about it, and don't want others to sway me because it's well done. I just don't think it's in good taste, i don't think it's necessary, it's money in somebody's pocket who's poking a sore spot. I have, however, watched various documentaries on the subject to gain REAL perspectives..including that of the families of survivors. We know those on flight 93 were heroes, just because i didn't happen to see that plane crash doesn't mean i'm not fully aware. I'm also aware that no matter where the victims were, plane or ground or building...they were all innocents who deserved to go home that day.
odinn7

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 08:47:37 AM »

Awesome post Susan...awesome...you said what I was thinking but didn't have the clarity to state.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 09:53:51 AM »

I needed a movie to watch on September 11th.
So I rented this film on DVD the other night and for the most part, it totally blew me away.
The numerous scenes of Ground Control became somewhat tedious and I found myself wanting to fast-forward to the plane scenes but I didn't.
The final scenes where the passengers decide to take action and use the food trolley to batter the cockpit door down were some of the most intense scenes I've seen in a film in a long time.

You guys NEED to see this film.
I highly recommend it to everyone.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  United 93 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.