Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:34:22 PM
714475 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies of the Weekend! Again! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movies of the Weekend! Again!  (Read 844 times)
systemcr4sh
« on: February 10, 2002, 11:23:18 AM »

Hey!

My friends Jake , Greg, And I, Decided to rent movies again this weekend (Like we do every weekend!) so we hop on over to the local store.

This weekend we happened to pick up CHUD 2, Maniac Cop 3, and Its Alive III - Island of the alive.

First we popped Its alive III into the vcr.

I actually enjoyed this movie. While not a great movie, it was a decent watch and had its moments. Its about these mutated babies and they send them to an island and the father and a search team go five years later to make the first contact. It had its share of some gory parts, whil most of the killings are done off screen there was a few cool parts. Also had a hilarious scene where one the the girls in the movie pukes in this guys car. And he just goes crazy.

Michael Moriarty was great as the dad, and made his role great. I think he has a real knack for playing phycos, Just watch as he goes insane. Its great.

After this we watched Chud 2.

Easily the best of the three movies. It was hilarious. I own the original chud and the only gripe I had with this movie is that the chud(s) in it looked nothing like the ones in the original movie. But I guess having them look human let them play it out like an 80's comedy. It has a lot of hilarious scenes like when the parents are around watching documentarys they say some great lines. Or when the chud pulls his heart out and gives it to the girl as if its a valentine. Great stuff. Also this movie And Its Alive III both had Gerrit Graham.

Then we watched Maniac Cop III.

Also a funny movie. Lots of funny / cool stuff goes on. Alot of talking though. But it had its moments. Like when there was a car chase and the maniac cop is on fire while driving a car, and whenever there is another car in his way he just puts his hand out the window and shoves the other car off the road. It was great. Also it was funny when the main guy picks up the maniacs charred arm and lights his cigarette with it. haha! Also the cheezy cliffhanger ending as usual.

Overall I say that it was a succesfull night with movies because we ended up liking all of them. To different degrees but at least we didn't hate any of them.

Also funny thing is that Larry Cohen wrote / directed Its alive III, which we allready knew, but when we picked up Maniac Cop 3 he wrote that too. In fact he wrote them all. He also wrote the terrible and slow paced "Uncle Sam".

Anyway, Bye

- Dan
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2002, 11:35:57 AM »

I must say, "C.H.U.D. 2" doesn't hit me as bad as everyone else I've run across.  Would probably give it a 2 slimer in my book, while most people seem to rate it solidly at the bottom.  The stuttering theme song helped me appreciate it greatly.

Haven't seen "Maniac Cop III" yet.  It seems like I am lacking a number of third installments:  Wishmaster III, Scream 3, etc.

Andrew
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies of the Weekend! Again! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.