Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:18:13 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Still Alive « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Still Alive  (Read 3241 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: September 24, 2006, 09:06:50 AM »

Hi folks.  I am still alive and hoping to get an update posted today, depending on things around here.

We moved Katie and the kids in August down to my new duty station, but I had to remain up on Long Island until my detach date on 18 September.  I was living with some friends in Brooklyn and driving about an hour each way every day.  Anyway, not a lot of free time there.

Since I arrived I have been tackling Katie's rather huge "Andy Do" list and unpacking a bunch of stuff (like the computer used for the video editing).  Things are looking better now that I have put up all the shelves, pictures, mowed the lawn, installed window guards, cleaned out under the deck, put up the DVD racks, replaced the light bulbs with high efficiency ones, and so on.

I did pick up the "Best Buy Exclusive" set of monster movies with "Tarantula," "The Monolith Monsters," "The Mole People," "Monster on Campus," and "The Incredible Shrinking Man."  The quality is the best that I have ever seen for any of the movies and, for me, it was well worth the $20.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 09:22:47 AM »

So Andrew,
I was wondering...are you going to make the Marine Corps. your career for life?
As long as I've known you...online that is...for almost 7 years...you've always been in the Marines.

Do you have plans to strike out on your own?
Or do you intend to stay with the U.S military?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 12:06:24 PM »

I USTA live inLI. MASTIC SHIRLEY. I dont think Iv'e ever gotton a chance to talk to the MAN himself. BAD MOVIES is THEE best site on the net for fans of cheese and otherwise. And the board clan are a diverse,farout,groovy,bunch.Have you ever considered putting out a MAGAZINE? Psychotronic is a dead horse...and your a better critic and writer than Micheal Weldon. I know that I would suscribe! Be well...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 04:06:23 PM »

Your stationed in the NYC area now?

Been thinking about how the internet has been changing Andrew with Youtube and Myspace type sites and thinking about how you might want to look into some additional things like doing your own show if you ever found the time or making this website able to load up youtube and other video to a post without leaving badmovies.org  website to view things. (maybe we can do it now and we haven't figured it out yet) We still love the site here without a doubt, but attendance has been low. Looking towards the future of your movie enterprise right here at badmovies.org.

onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 05:52:43 PM »

Mighty impressive sentence there, Scott.
Andrew, I hope you enjoy your new digs.  A military career isn't too bad, if you don't mind relocating once in a while.  Benefits are life-long, I doubt if you'd get anything like that at Microsoft.
And nice job at keeping the site up and running like a well-greased wheel, buddy.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 06:12:56 PM »

Scott,

I'd kill for a badmovies.org podcast.  I'm somewhat addicted to the podcasts from various other websites.  Great medium.

Good to hear you're doing well Andrew.  We've missed you the past few weeks.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 07:37:07 PM »

Yea, that was a pretty bad sentence Onionhead. I could change it with the "edit post" function, but I don't want to waste any ink.

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 11:27:17 PM »

Skaboi,

I'm going to learn how to make podcasts for my job. It's kind of cool. It seems the more personal entertainment can get, the more people like it though. Radio, television, home computers, video rentals, portable CD players, IPod and now Podcasts. Will it end there? I forsee entire cars completely decked out with internet access and other commodities as the next leap in luxury and eventual societal norm. Sooner than later you'll be seeing cars like the ones from Bladerunner where you can do all of your work directly from your car if you want. Internet, phone, monitors, etc, etc. Enjoy!

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 11:05:36 AM »

And thus isolate many of us from further REAL social interaction?

Sounds like a good plot for a poorly directed and overacted sci-fi to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 08:42:35 AM »

Someday I would like to do an online show, but that is going to have to be after the Marine Corps and after the children are older.  Those will probably be at around the same time, since I will be eligible for retirement in less than six years.

Not certain on a magazine, even an online one.  Those take a good bit of work and some cooperation between folks.  Over at Rogue Cinema they are doing a good job of this.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 09:31:47 PM »

Just out of curiosity, how much of a backlog do you currently have on Reader Reviews?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 05:54:59 PM »

lilcerberus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just out of curiosity, how much of a backlog do
> you currently have on Reader Reviews?

I am just not doing any right now.  There are probably a dozen that I have, with intent to post.  Until I get all of those cleaned out, everything is on hold with reader reviews.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Still Alive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.