Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:02:12 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you remember rock & roll radio? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you remember rock & roll radio?  (Read 1630 times)
D
« on: February 12, 2002, 12:01:29 AM »

Crossroads comes out this friday, right? Now, as I heard the ad on the TV, I could have sworn that Miss Spears was doing a cover of Joan Jett's I Love Rock & Roll. (I know that the Arrows did it first, but her version is better, so I'm considering it hers). Stuff like that makes me sick. Joey Ramone hasn't been dead a full year, and already corporate rock is already p**sing on punk music. What's next, O-Town remaking God Save the Queen? Most so-called punks are just more of the same bland stuff that the companies force down our throats year end and year out. They think if they just put some dye in their hair, and charge fifty bucks instead sixty, then that makes them punk. Can anybody out there tell me where has the music gone? Sure, Gutiar Wolf is good, but does any radio station here ever play them?
Anyway, keep the faith, and remember, as Gutiar wolf himslef once said:
"Believe in yourself! Believe in Rock & Roll!"
D
J.R.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2002, 02:15:40 AM »

Wanna hear something really scary? Pearl Jam is planning to cover "I Just Wanna Have Something To Do" for a Ramones tribute album. Eddie Vedder is no Joey, that's for sure.
Will
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2002, 12:34:53 PM »

No s**t.  The commodification of punk makes me sick.  I mean, it's been happening for years, but for Britney and Vedder to get involved?  Ick.
Funk, E.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2002, 07:03:15 PM »

A corporation would p**s on Mother Teressa's dead body if they thought they could make money at it!
Skaboi18
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2002, 11:03:46 PM »

Yes, the horrid treatment that old school punk is now getting also makes me sick.   What ever happened to good ole punk rock?  New punk is terrible.  It has none of the energy of the punk rock that great bands like The Ramones and Agent Orange played.  Hell, take The Vandals for instance.  Once a great old school punk band now a New Wave punk band that sounds like every other band.  It's sad...truly sad.....
J.R.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2002, 12:45:44 AM »

Every time I turn on the radio I hear punk riffs an drum beats in mainstream pop. Sickening.  And now I see every pop princess wearing spikes and dyed hair. Moby actually considers himself a punk artist. Whatever infantesimal credibility  that statement had was thrown out the window when he sold every song he's ever recorded to car companies. Have you heard this new ultra-weak crap like Sum 41 and Blink-182's new stuff? After Joey's death I saw tons of pop stars saying how sad they were and what a great visionary he was. I doubt any of them owns a Ramones CD. If you want to hear real punk pick up Bad Religion's new CD The Process Of Belief. It's their best in a long time, and there are actually a few songs that aren't about how much christianity sucks, which shows some real growth.
Frannie
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2002, 03:47:05 PM »

Plus they are touring with Less Than Jake.  LTJ has gone back to a more old school approach.  Left the major label and signed with Fat Wreck.  That show should be worth the $25 I had to pay for a GA ticket.
Scotty Xtreme
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2002, 11:42:02 PM »

On the subject of BR, Great CD.  Bought it the night I went to see Kung POW.  After the show I went to the strip club.  Well I went there cuz I have a friend that works there.  Really nice girl.  Am I talking about stuff that really has no relavence to the topic?  Damn, I tend to do that alot.
D
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2002, 12:30:31 AM »

Hey, does anybody know anything about the Dictators? I heard they were doing a Ramone tribute, is it the same one with Vedder?
J.R.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2002, 03:33:17 AM »

The only other collaborator on the CD I know of is Rob Zombie. There have already been a couple tribute albums and every punk band in the world covers Thr Ramones, so what's the  point? Oh, yeah-$$$$$.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you remember rock & roll radio? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.