Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:26:03 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: War Songs « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OT: War Songs  (Read 7801 times)
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 09:36:10 PM »

Kind of hard to find pro-war songs, actually. People accused of being pro-war these days usually are just in favor of winning the current war, not having more wars in general. A few traditional Civil War songs of this more limited pro-war type do exist, though, such as:

"The Army of the Free"
"Whack Row-de-dow"
"Marching Through Georgia"

There are a bunch more on Tennessee Ernie Ford's companion albums Civil War Songs of the North and Civil War Songs of the South. There are also songs of war-weariness and grief on these, of course, such as:

"Just Before the Battle, Mother"
"Lorena"
"One Vacant Chair"

I have heard at least a few of what Tom Lehrer called "Survival Hymns" or post-war songs, too:

"We Will All Go Together When We Go" by Tom Lehrer
"So Long Mom" by Tom Lehrer
"One of the Living" by Tina Turner (From Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 10:51:06 PM »

"Tarkus" the albumn does, indeed, have lyrics --
Once upon a time, I thought Emerson, Lake and Palmer to be the best band in existence -- and had they all died after the first albumn, the stamement would stand --
"Tarkus",  the albumn, has lyrics -- "Tarkus", the SONG/the track/the number on the Tarkus albumn acutally titled "Tarkus"/ is an instrumental.
We were talking about individual songs --
love
peter crane/denny johnson

I have no idea what this means.
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 11:54:57 PM »

Point taken Peter, the way my tape lists the tracks on side one (and boy does that make me feel old typing it) in smaller print after TARKUS in all caps. I was treating "Tarkus" as one whole piece with subsections. They can be divided up and played separately, but I treat them as part of a larger whole. Guess I should post the relevent part(s) as "'Battlefield' from 'Tarkus'" or something similar. Same for the parts of "Lizard", only parts concern warfare, but the parts are from one piece telling a tale or sorts. That how I viewed it anyway.

My uncles introduced me to ELP and prog rock, and I loved it during my "classic rock" phase more than most of the stuff they introduced me to. My enthusiasm cooled after a while (burnout of the stuff I knew, hearing later ELP albums like Love Beach and parts of Works, anything by Wishbone Ash, etc.). I still love Most of King Crimson and have more recetly gotten into groups that I never got to hear the first time around like Soft Machine, Can, and Faust. Fun hear something "new" to my ears from the genre rather listening to the same old tunes by Yes and the Nice over and over.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 06:51:04 AM »

Lets Start a War Said Maggie One Day-the EXPLOITED
Lets Start a WAR-FEAR
Holiday in Cambodia-DEAD KENNEDYS
NAZICHISM-MUCKY PUP
Today your Love,Tomorrow the World-RAMONES
Bonzo goes to Bitburg-RAMONES
Henry Kissmyassinger-MILLIONS OF DEAD COPS
Angel of Death-SLAYER
Chemical Warfare-DEAD KENNEDYS
Wartorn Territory-SEPATULRA
Peace Sells,But Who's Buying-MEGADETH
  I guess I'm tapping my old Punk-Speed Metal era here (84-90) hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: War Songs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.