Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:22:24 PM
714479 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I hate to be nicpicking... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I hate to be nicpicking...  (Read 2354 times)
BlackAngel
« on: February 13, 2002, 06:16:29 AM »

I was drawing a picture of Spider-Man, when it occured to me, in the comics, Spider-Man (dispite his small build) is really a brawler and will punch you in the face with the best of them.  I was wondering, will that part of him be portrayed, or will he be more like the Spider-Man from the Fox cartoon?  I hope it's not the latter.

Discuss.
AndyC
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 10:42:35 AM »

Judging by some of Sam Raimi's other work, I think there's a good chance Spidey will get into a few good scraps.
Funk, E.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 10:53:08 AM »

Hollywood loves fistfights, but given that spidy is supposed to be super strong I doubt they'll last long except for the ones against supervillians.
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2002, 11:40:38 AM »

Spidey is strong, but remember to compare it on a relitive scale. Stronger then normal people, matching Capt. America or Daredevil, but weaker then the Hulk...like, who isen't? We'll see how well they capture the spider "Moves". The preview looks intresting........but, who knows?
chris
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2002, 01:30:05 PM »

In the trailer it shows him punching someone's lights out.
J.R.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2002, 05:35:08 PM »

Then again, this is a Sam Raimi film. Maybe Green Goblin stabs Peter Parker in the ankle with a pencil then Peter goes to his apartment and slips into his Spidey suit and says, "Groovy." Then Green Goblin chases Spidey around and we see everything in first-person. Then te Goblin somehow possesses Mary Jane and Spidey's forced to decapitate her. Then a monstrous Aunt May comes out of the cellar and Spidey must do battle with her. That would be cool.
Drezzy
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2002, 05:46:01 PM »

JR...that sounds almost as stupid as a Vince Russo storyline...or Evil Dead and Evil Dead II...I LIKE IT!
Ken Begg
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2002, 05:56:21 PM »

Nope, Spidey's stronger than Cap or Daredevil, who are maximized human beings.  (Especially Cap.)  Spider-Man is more in the Luke Cage/Power-Man class, i.e., somewhere under the Thing in raw strength.  According to the Marvel Stat books released back in the '80s, or at least my best recollection of them, Spider-Man can lift somewhere around ten tons.

Does anyone remember that great Ditko illustration of the very early Spider-Man holding the characters that were stronger than him:  Thor, The Hulk, Namor, The Thing and Iron Man, etc.?
Funk, E.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2002, 06:25:40 PM »

Okay,,, I'll admit it. I'm a big ass geek, but damn gang, your scarin' me! ;-)
Scotty Xtreme
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2002, 11:29:34 PM »

That is the funniest thing I've seen all day.  Thanks, it almost makes me forget about the sucky government class I just got out of where I just bombed a test and spilled soda all over my pants just before class started. I had a big wet spot on that area and my ass.  I really needed something to make me laugh again.
BlackAngel
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2002, 05:18:59 AM »

I bet someone here got the issue of Spidey vs. Superman where, Spidey did all the punching and all Supes did was stand there and take it.
Squishy
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2002, 07:26:02 AM »

Oh yeah, and Spidey kept it up until he almost smashed his own hands to pulp. That was a gas. I was really hoping for Doc Ock...

Nasty Food For Thought:

1) A scene in the trailer shows The Green Goblin dropping Mary Jane to certain doom.

2) This is based on an old story in which Peter Parker's then-girlfriend, Gwen Stacy, was the victim. In a nasty little shocker, Spidey caught her before she ate pavement, but she had already died of heart failure.

3) Last time I checked the comics rack, Mary Jane was deader n'hell too.*

4) Sam Raimi likes endings that are Other Than Happy.

5) Uh-oh.  

*Of course, Aunt May, Peter Parker's clone, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Storm, Jean Grey, Angel, Guardian, and almost every major character in the Marvel--and DC--universes have been Deader N'Hell at least once at some point--but got better. (Cough.) Okay, except Uncle Ben and Bucky, they're still cold. MJ "died" in an explosion and I don't think they found a body (sorry, read this on the rack 'coz I'm a cheap bastard), so Marvel may be keeping options open...
Flangepart
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2002, 11:31:01 AM »

Death is an illusion......in comics and video. Death is only perminant if your too unpopular to have "God", i.e the writer, give you the breath of life. So, death is like Survivor.....its realy a popularity contest. Thats also why vicihous creeps like the Joker, Venom, Mr Zaz, ect, don't get offed. It saves the writers the trouble of comming up with a new character....hummmm....could that be a basis for a Ken Beggian rule?
Cullen
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2002, 12:31:05 PM »

"2) This is based on an old story in which Peter Parker's then-girlfriend, Gwen Stacy, was the victim. In a nasty little shocker, Spidey caught her before she ate pavement, but she had already died of heart failure."

Spiderman webbed her just in the nick of time...and the sudden stop involved in the rescue killed her.  At least, that's how I remember it.  (I owned the story AFTER Gwen's death, "The Green Goblin's Last Stand", as a kid, but time and tide has taken that baby away from me.  I think, however, if you pick up the trade paper back, "The Day Gwen Stacy Died", you'll see I'm right on this.)

"3) Last time I checked the comics rack, Mary Jane was deader n'hell too."

She's back.  Don't ask me how.  Don't ask me why.  I gave up comics during the (Spiderman) Clone "Saga". and have only now slowly dipped back into that goofed up world.

(As if bad movies aren't bad enough...)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I hate to be nicpicking... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.