Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:35:42 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Another theory... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another theory...  (Read 1631 times)
Bicuitrocious
« on: February 13, 2002, 01:35:01 PM »

This is almost invariable in horror / sci-fi films...

Teenagers are never taken seriously ("Those kooky kids have been smoking that Marriage-Ah-Wanna...") when they go to the cops. Sometimes the parents believe them, or a good-hearted teacher, but the cops? NEVER.

If I was a cop in a small town and a kid came running in to tell me that hairless weasels from Meteor X were turning all the townspeople into wax sculptures of Don Knotts, you bet your ass I'd investigate. I'd probably just shoot first at anything, like that Pavoratti-looking dude in "Mistress of the Apes." What else is there to do in a small town?
Funk, E.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 01:49:21 PM »

Well... if a kid came to me with a story weasels from meteor X turning people into wax sculptures of Don Knotts I probably wouldn't believe them either... honestly... think about. If it turned out to be true I'd probably shoot myself ;-)
Vermin Boy
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 05:16:21 PM »

The exact opposite is true in Japan; when a small child tells a story about giant monsters, they are instantly granted top government clearance.
Funk, E.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2002, 06:23:16 PM »

The Japanesse always have been forward thinking. ;-)
AndyC
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2002, 06:51:27 PM »

Dealing with small-town police on a regular basis, I can say that they would probably investigate. Even if they don't believe the entire wacky story, this kid might have seen something, and not investigating could create liability problems for the municipality if something does happen. At the very least, it will satisfy the nut who complained, and alleviate the officer's late-night boredom.
AndyC
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2002, 06:52:00 PM »

Dealing with small-town police on a regular basis, I can say that they would probably investigate. Even if they don't believe the entire wacky story, this kid might have seen something, and not investigating could create liability problems for the municipality if something does happen. At the very least, it will satisfy the nut who complained, and alleviate the officer's late-night boredom.

(If this post appears twice, it is because the first attempt failed and I sent it again)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Another theory... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.