Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:56:14 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Reader looking for a film - Football lineman defends town « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reader looking for a film - Football lineman defends town  (Read 11747 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 10, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

Another reader looking for a film.  I must admit that one of my blind spots in the bad movie world is the action genre.  I watch far more sci-fi, horror, and kung-fu.

Hello.

Let me first say your site is pretty cool, I'm a recent fan of B-movies.  My problem is that in my recent quest to watch b-movies I may have seen many many years ago, I can remember this one particular trailer for a flick that I must have saw when I was 5 or 6 years old and it is probably the earliest memory I retain.  I remember it was a trailer for a movie about a football star or lineman or something of sorts who comes home to what I think I remember is a nice house with a lovely wife.  Soon enough, though, a group of what look to be SWAT officers evacuates the people from this town and start pillaging and plundering everyone's possessions.  Ironically enough, the football guy is left behind and not surprisingly it seems he is a bad ass.  He defends the town and maybe I remember them showing some explosions, but the point is, I've been trying to find out about this movie for a long time, and I'm just about out of ideas, if maybe you've seen this movie or know about it, I'm assuming it was made in the late 80s or early 90s, I hope you can let me know.

Thanks for everything.
Zach

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 10:36:56 PM »

Taking of Beverly Hills? Probably not...

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 06:58:12 AM »

I second The Taking of Beverly Hills, the baddies use a chemical spill and the evacuation as a cover for their looting/robbery, and are ex-cops according to IMDB, which gels with my memories. Stars Ken Wahl, Matt Frewer, and Branscombe Richmond better known as Bobby Sixkiller from TV's Renegade.

Fun popcorn flick, seems a shame it's not better remembered (or just remembered) and more widely seen.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 09:01:30 AM »

The Taking Of Beverly Hills eh?  Sounds like a winner.  I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 09:06:27 AM »

The gent wrote back and said you were dead on with "The Taking of Beverly Hills."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Reader looking for a film - Football lineman defends town « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.