Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:13:40 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  In the Headphones... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: In the Headphones...  (Read 36964 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: November 18, 2006, 08:51:14 PM »

what are you listening to lately?

what have you recently purchased?

...anything like that, post in here IMO...unless someone comes up with a better idea (cough).

-
recent pick up's:
DMX "Year Of The Dog...Again" - horrible thug rap, but a couple of decent tunes with nice r'n'b crooning on the hook.

The Divine Comedy  "Cassanova" - very underrated uk artist. very cinematic, orchestral arrangements to their songs. highly recommended.

Looking forward to Nas "Hip Hop Is Dead" album...doubt anyone else here is though, lol

add on....

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 11:20:09 PM »

Crispin Glover's "Ben", and as usual, Queen.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 12:37:41 AM »

Madness - Divine Madness. After years of collecting those mixers you only find at the drug store, I was a little annoyed with Our House & It Must Be Love. I've always felt that House of Fun & One Step Beyond were way too underated.

Glyn Styler - Live at the Mermaid Lounge. Out of idle curiosity, I saw this guy on a PBS show years ago, & recently found out he was in a Doris Wishman movie. I now understand why this guy sells mattresses for a living.

I've mostly been listening to The Pretenders, The Power Station & Neil Young & Crazy Horse lately, but those aren't recent purchases.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 12:51:10 AM »

Man, I have not picked up a CD in a long time.  However, the last purchases I can think of are also my usual listening.  The only thing, it is not music, but the BBC's "Hitch-hiker's Guide" (which is hours long if you get them all).  Great fun.

For music, I have been listening to several 80's compilations we have.  Also an excellent CD that Telestar Man made for B-Fest one year.  Lots of songs like the theme from Flash Gordon and the like.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 04:30:45 AM »

I picked up some gems from the iTunes store lately...   "You Get What You Give" by the New Radicals, what a great song to work out to. 

Also, the music from Halo 2 -- especially the Mjolnir mix of the main theme. 

"Road Runner," Aerosmith.

and "The Hand that Feeds" (NIN).

Great stuff to run to.  Makes you wanna pick up your feet and sprint when the pain becomes unbearable...   TeddyR
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 06:33:00 AM »

Recent Purchases:

Gil E Jorge - Gilberto Gil/Jorge Ben. Laid back tropicalia from the 70s. Good chill out music after a long day.

Love Serrender Devotion - Carlos Santana/Mahavishnu John McLaughlin. Jazz/rock fusion. Not bad but doesn't move me the way I hoped it would.

Amputechture - The Mars Volta. Latin flavored hard prog rock. Not as good as their previous album Francis the Mute.

Shine On Brightly - Procol Harum. Fun psychedelia, very trippy with cool electric organ and vocals. Wish I had heard more than just the hits earlier.

Other stuff I'm listening to lately: Charlie Robison, Ernest Tubb, Hank III, Them, Nick Drake, The Saw Doctors, Randy Newman, Leon Redbone (wish I had more), Os Mutantes, plus some old Stones tunes.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »

Have Heart- The Things We Carry. Great Straight Edge Hardcore from Boston. The last song "Things we carry" gets me so hyped and screaming the last verse "WATCH ME, WATCH ME RISE". Never did that since Black Flags Rise Above.

Cheap Sex- Written in Blood. Pretty good Street Punk from the former singer of Virus, Mike Virus.

The Lawernce Arms- Oh Calcutta!- I just love this Album. Strong pop-punk but not your run of the mill crap pop punk.

Dresden Dolls- Yes, Virginia. Punk Cabaret. didn't think it could work but it does.

ArchEnemy- Doomday Machine. Don't like Death Metal but this one got me hooked. Maybe because of the lead singer is hot. ;)

Joan Jett Greatest hits. What I like Joan. Saw her live about a month ago.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 01:08:26 PM by rich andrini » Logged

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 05:09:15 PM »

Rich -

Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine is absolutely WONDERFUL!  I had one of their albums with the old singer, and I saw them last summer at Ozzfest with Angela.  We bought Doomsday Machine on the way home that night.  Love it.

Do you listen to bands like Hatebreed?  Rise Against? 

We bought the re-release of the Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack, which is pretty good.

I also got the new Senses Fail album, the new My Chemical Romance.

I am getting the new Killswitch Engage next week when it comes out.  I've had the new Billy Talent for awhile, but am just now getting around to listening to it.  It's pretty good too.

Amanda
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 05:40:21 PM »

Amanda, I listen to alot of underground Punk and Hardcore. The only time I lift my head up sort of speak it with older bands like Van Halen and Guns N Roses and Hair Metal in general.

I don't like alot of these "metalcore" bands out and I don't like Hatebreed. Not a shot at you are anything just posting my opinon.  Cheers

I like Rise Against but I should say I like their singles. I haven't heard a full length album by them so I can't judge.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 06:34:56 PM »

cool. nice mix of stuff, people...

@rich lol- "hair metal". I watched a video by the band Damn Yankees on youtube earlier today. their singer looks like joni mitchell BounceGiggle...good stuff though, everyone tends to hate on 80's hard rock but the musicianship is usually excellent.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 07:17:41 PM »

I can"t even remember the last time I bought any CDs. But I listen to Iggy and the Stooges alot. I like the Dead kennedys,but don't get to listen too much,being as my wifey is a hippie type(ie Grateful Dead, Tom Petty). I like the Cramps a whole lot,as well as the Ramones,X-Ray Specs,Blag Sabbath,Butthole Surfers,Elvis and old Rolling Stones. If I'm p**sed,I listen to Black Flag....but I"m too long in the tooth to get Black Flag level of angry anymore...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 11:28:01 PM »

quote author=Andrew link=topic=111446.msg111900#msg111900 date=1163915470]
 However, the last purchases I can think of are also my usual listening.  The only thing, it is not music, but the BBC's "Hitch-hiker's Guide" (which is hours long if you get them all).  Great fun.
[/quote]

That was one of my commute choices, I did the whiole BBC Hitch Hikers, Restaurant, as well as the original Star Wars radio broadcatsts.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 09:50:03 AM »

I most recently bought some Christmas music, but I haven't listened to any of it yet.

Mostly, I use my mp3 player while I commute. It seems to like to play my Oingo Boingo stuff, my Bing Crosby/Andrews Sisters stuff, Tom Petty (Wildflowers album), the Brobdingnagian Bards, Elton John, and Annette Funicello. There are also some novelty songs from Dr. Demento and the like, as well as Elvis Schoenberg (if you want to hear some odd but well-done music, give them a try; they mix classical music in with rock covers and give it all a Broadway treatment), Elvis Presley, Joan Jett, The Bangles, abunchofothereightiesstuff (just a conglomeration of hits, not a band), Diana Krall, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Martin Denny, Henry Mancini, Crumbacher, Jenny Owens, Amy Grant.

I tend to like a rather eclectic mix. My wife and daughter are used to it; guests who ride anywhere with us have been known to scream.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 10:12:54 AM »

I can"t even remember the last time I bought any CDs. But I listen to Iggy and the Stooges alot. I like the Dead kennedys,but don't get to listen too much,being as my wifey is a hippie type(ie Grateful Dead, Tom Petty). I like the Cramps a whole lot,as well as the Ramones,X-Ray Specs,Blag Sabbath,Butthole Surfers,Elvis and old Rolling Stones. If I'm p**sed,I listen to Black Flag....but I"m too long in the tooth to get Black Flag level of angry anymore...

Oh, my, the Cramps.  That reminds me of "Urgh!  A Music War," have you seen that RCMerchant?   Definitely one of my favorite concert videos from those days.  It had a truly unappealing performance of "Tear It Up," and Gary Numan tooling around a misty stage in a little electric car, and then of course Klaus Nomi singing at the Ritz...   (those boots were something, weren't they?)     And Devo in full flower-pot mode.  The Go-Go's at maximum weight.  Wall of Voodoo.

(A bunch of stuff I don't listen to anymore, but as concert tapes and pure "WTF" factor goes, that one is up there.)

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 02:46:47 AM »

"Short Skirt / Long Jacket," by Cake.

hot
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  In the Headphones... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.