Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:40:11 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  More nitpicking... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More nitpicking...  (Read 1029 times)
J.R.
« on: February 13, 2002, 07:06:32 PM »

Here's another cliche: Whenever the kids tell their parents about the  monster/alien/serial killer/what have you, one of the parents, usually the mother, feels the kid's head and says, "He/She doesn't have a fever." Did they just graduate from parenting school? When a kid won't shut up about some creature or something you just tell them they're wrong and ignore them. If it goes on awhile, you belt them in the face to teach them respect. Maybe that's just my parents. Anywho, parents in horror movies are always written totally unrealistically.
Funk, E.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 07:13:00 PM »

What I find amazing is how the parents frequently remain completely ignorent of what's going on even when the body count starts to mount up
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 07:38:08 PM »

And, of corse, theres the Janitorial staff that hear some weird goings on, and suddenly get the urge to play mall cop. Investigate? Heck no, thats what security gets paid for. Its not my job! If that weird breathing sound is comming from the locker the fat kids body was found stuffed in, i wait till morning and a hall way full of witnesses!Funk, E. wrote:
>
> What I find amazing is how the parents frequently
> remain completely ignorent of what's going on even when the
> body count starts to mount up
AndyC
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2002, 08:02:25 PM »

Kids know best - a philosophy you'll see in a lot of movies and TV shows. The parents are some busy, self-absorbed, dimwitted, narrowminded, ignorant or some combination of the above, and it's up to the enlightened kids to save the day and possibly even teach their foolish elders a lesson. And we wonder why there are a lot of messed up kids around.
BlackAngel
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2002, 05:34:31 AM »

Let's not gloss over the fact that, in addition to the parents acting like ignorant, tightwad-a***oles, it always seeme that the only "cool" parent authority in the tv family is the grandparents.  When a kid asks his/her mom or dad (mostly the mom) for a cookie or ice cream, the parent says "no it will ruin your appitite." then walks off.  Then one of the grandparents walk in a gives the kid a cookie anyway.  Or a kid ask for more money, the parents would say I gave you money yesterday.  But behide the parents' back, the grandparents slips the kid an extra $20 for good measure.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  More nitpicking... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.