Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:39:50 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ticks « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ticks  (Read 40953 times)
Dave Sagehorn
« on: January 02, 1999, 02:58:32 PM »

I reviewed this movie at Hit-n-run.com  This movie is messed up. I just thought I'd leave a comment because the director just e-mailed me and said "you must have realy hated this movie". What am I supposed to say to that?/ 'Yes, you suck, and I hate you and all that you stand for even though I've never met you"??? I'm just gonna ignore before I offend him even more.
Kislev
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 1999, 02:55:22 AM »

I usually hate B movies, but I love picking on them. And I love watching them try to save the movie by some gratuitues blood, gore,or sex.

This has some fabulous blood and gore. I love the way Jarvis' body is crawling with ticks under his skin.

I also love the way the tick burst through Panic's body.

Blood and gore.
sardu@hotmail.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 1999, 02:55:22 AM »

I'm a pretty reasonable guy, and I'll watch about any movie at least three or four times... but I tempted to say this about "Ticks":  Don't waste your time, especially not your money, on this movie.  
bear@badmovies.org
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 1999, 10:47:06 AM »

The guy who plays Oz on Buffy, Seth Green, stars in this.  I couldn't believe that.  It's amazing how folks can go from working on something as 'B' as Ticks, and then move into the big time.  (He also played 'Scott Evil' in Austin Powers.)
jocozo3@mindspring.com
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 1999, 10:58:58 AM »

This movie not only stars Seth Green of Buffy and Austin Powers fame.  Panic is also the guy who played Carlton on The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire.  Anyway, I had no idea that steriods and THC had the similar effect of growing ticks to immense proportions.  Still a good bad movie even though I still wonder how the tick that came out of Panic managed to be bigger than Panic's body.  (did I come out then grow another 2 feet around)?
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 1999, 07:32:39 AM »

This movie is pretty cool(because of the gore and the ticks!).Don`t watch it if you are looking for great actors!
wcs_scyther@yahoo.com
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 1999, 09:20:28 PM »

I think the fact that "Carlton" plays the "gangsta" makes this movie that much funnier.  I sat through the movie just so I could make jokes like, "Hey, Carlton, where's your Tom Jones tapes?"  The best line was when Panic and Tyler are talking at the beginning and he's like "well, I'll just have my dog rip your throat out."  and the dog isn't scary at all, he looks more cute than scary.
Warren H.
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 1999, 01:45:08 PM »

I was watching this movie, happily wasting away an afternoon, when all of a sudden, Robert Ginty jumped out!  (he plays sir) No!  Nooooooooo!  Robert Ginty was the Exterminator!  I had Exterminator flashbacks and began convulsing!  I barely got to the STOP button in time.  Robert Ginty is the Devil Spawn!
Paul H.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2000, 01:46:50 PM »

I love b-movies full of stupid people so this qualifies as something I should like.  However, I HATE, HATE Angst ridden teenagers.  So I'm torn when watching this movie.  I wanted to like it, and it was good in parts, but I HATE, HATE angst ridden teenagers.  And this movie is full of them.  And here is the worst part: They all don't die.  Some of them actually get away to go on and lead somewhat less angst ridden but now mentally scared lives..  They should make a Ticks 2 where I beat them all with a baseball bat.

2 green globs -inspite of the teenagers not really trying to reform their lives at some stupid camp which isn't really trying to reform angst ridden teenages lives.
ADAM K
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I worked on that movie. I was unemployed at the time and got called in because the set decorator quit, along with lots of other crew members.
If you thought the movie was bad, you should have seen how it was made.
So underfunded it was unbelievable. The craft service truck didnt even have BREAD for the eggs at the morning breakfast.
I think the craft service truck had to be towed to the site because the engine didnt work.
Filming had to be delayed untill they could get plastic pot plants, unbelievably disorganized
The Director was taking all kinds of heat from the crew because he didnt even know how to call out scene and camera directions correctly.
Was I amazed to later see Seth Green in real movies. I remembered his name because that is my brothers name.
Anyway, its one of those movies that is so bad its good.
First and last time I ever got credit for set continuity.
At least when the movie wasnt being shot in a warehouse in the San Fernando Valley they were shooting in Griffith Park which was pleasent
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2000, 10:12:36 AM »

I happened upon Ticks, by accident, and strangely enough, I enjoyed it. As stupid, and mundane, as the film got, I still found enjoyment out of viewing it. The scene, were the gang member Panic became a giant Tick, was an eye roller, and Clint Howard continues to find new ways to disassociate his reputation, from brother Ron(a great director). The acting, was amateurish, but the film, was a time killer. The bad guys had the right idea, to begin with. JUST STEP ON THEM! DUHH!
Kathryn
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2000, 07:25:07 PM »

I watched it when was in 5th grade. My mom said I couldn't watch because it was too scary. I did anyway (with the help of my dad). At that time I was so scared I said I'd never go in the woods again. I watch it last night. I feel like a dork.
weeghostie
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Robert Ginty, the Devil's Spawn???  Well, at least he has the decency to LOOK bored out of his mind...
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is elevated from mere entertainment to classic status by Clint Howard's "I'M INFESTED!" scene.  Right up there with Marlon Brando's "Stella!" or Jimmy Cagney's "Top of the world, Ma!".  Good stuff, with impressive special effects for the obviously low budget.
Jhon
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2001, 10:42:30 AM »

This movie was great I give it 5 stars. The ticks were cool and the characters were cool. This is one of my favorite movies it is up there with Bleeders Carnosaur Silent Night Deadly Night 4 and Howling 4,5,3
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ticks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.