Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:50:21 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  House of Wax (2006) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House of Wax (2006)  (Read 17874 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 24, 2008, 05:09:01 PM »

Cath took a look at the remake and thought it was a little better than average.  People are still killed and put on display, but this time the "artist" is not a refined gentleman.  It's more like "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" with wax.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Brandi
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »

The only thing about this movie that was even vaguely interesting (but not interesting enough to make me want to see it) is that it is actually a half-assed remake of the 1978 Chuck Connors horror Tourist Trap (a film which ought to be reviewed here at some point).
Rebecca
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:10:57 PM »

I personally thought this was a good movie. Yeah they did miss a lot of minor details to things but over all I'd watch it again as long as its the part where Paris Hilton is getting stabbed in the head with the pole.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 07:21:19 AM »

I was sort of looking forward to seeing it since I'd heard some good things about it.  Then it was on Cinemax and I turned it off after 10 minutes.  Sorry, couldn't care less what happens to these people, don't think I can stand watching them for 80 more minutes. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
sarah
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 09:50:42 PM »

WOW!! Seeing that photo with the dude in front of the gas station. Gas 1.19 damn! Crazy seeing a pic like that.
NightRelic
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 09:53:27 PM »

I'll admit it. I really liked this film. Not that I consider it a "good" film by any means. But I found it ridiculous in just the right places. (A guy who collects road kill and dumps t down a hill- and then they take a ride from him?) (Paris Hilton? Acting?) And at the same time they go to the trouble and expense of actually building a wax town. I loved the retro vibe of the town. If you have this on DVD, the making of House of Wax is well worth watching. It'll make you like the film better or at least have more respect for the set designers. I also have to admit i was totally hot for the girl from 24 at the time, so i was probably unbelievably biased and forgiving of this film. At the very least she kept me interested through the slow parts.
krystal
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 11:55:31 AM »

that was sooooooo funny cuz i just watched the movie on fx wow lol me and my sis were crackin up  BounceGiggle everything u said was true it was a pretty good movie suspense and gross wise but wasnt that scary sorry Question
TooManyCustomers
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 12:19:40 PM »

Gah! this movie... Watched in on demand back when it hit cable because I had a couple of free movies.. what a waste. Although, yes it was nice to see Hilton get skewered through the head, overall this flick just damaged my brain...  badly enough that when I saw Skeleton Key the next night I couldn't 'get' it... my wife had to explain the movie to me..

That's how retarded this flick is, it'll make you unable to comprehend good movies for several days after..
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 05:30:59 PM »

I'm not exactly sure why, but I always enjoyed this one. Hell, I even got the Blu-Ray to prove it......

...not sure if that's a good or bad thing. lol
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  House of Wax (2006) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.