Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:36:13 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  CHUD « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: CHUD  (Read 92219 times)
Mike
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »

Best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patient Zero
New Visitor

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2007, 08:40:55 PM »

Foreshadowing is a good thing... unless there is too much of it.
I mean, jeez! This movie spends 3/4 of its running time on what Jaws did in its first 30 minutes! If done properly, foreshadowing can increase the aura of suspense in a film. If done improperly, it grinds the film to a halt, as is the case with CHUD.
There was another thing I noticed when watching CHUD. The original mutant corpse was said to have been killed by a gas leak in the sewer. Said gas is likely to be flammable.
 BuggedoutSO WHY THE F**K DO THE POLICE GO AFTER THEM WITH FLAMETHROWERS????!!!!!!
That would be the most blatant display of incompetence in the history of mankind, topping even FEMA's response to Hurricane Katrina.

"A fool finds no pleasure in understanding, but delights in airing his own opinions." - Proverbs 18:2
...Thus explaining the behavior of message board trolls everywhere.
movieguy247
New Visitor

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »

OK-this one is okay but stay away from CHUD 2: Bud The CHUD!!! That movie sucks something fierce! It has nothing to do with its predecessor.
cudaboy72
New Visitor

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2008, 10:12:35 PM »

first of all you remember when this came out, in the early mid 80s this movie wasnt bad .this was a time when the movies were packed around the corner.i remember waiting in long line for jaws3 in 3d. that was a joke, we should cherish these movies  in every way we can !  B movies rule enjoy.....
starmummy
New Visitor

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2008, 10:05:35 AM »

I read an interview with the producer for C.H.U.D. in an old issue of Fangoria, stating that they went back to all of the classic horror films (Psycho, etc) to see what made them so scary.  They wanted to take those things and make the scariest movie ever made.  That really excited me and I went out and bought C.H.U.D. the next day.  I actually took an extra long lunch break from work and watched it in my car in the parking lot of a Burger King on my portable dvd player.  I figured it would be the perfect scenario.   Well, let me tell you something about C.H.U.D.......THIS WAS THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN.  I don't mean "So bad it's good".  This movie just sucked.  It was long, slow, the characters were uninteresting.  It seemed like the producers wanted to make a big budget thriller with a b-movie story.  I should have known that a movie called C.H.U.D. (which sounds like a turd that won't flush) would be terrible.
Victoria
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 12:15:50 PM »

ok i HAVE to like this movie for one reason this was that movie that the drummer of the misfits got his name from!
Thee Dr.
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2008, 05:15:08 AM »

Good catch, Starmummy.
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 06:43:30 PM »

I remember watching this crap on HBO back then also a second time on USA man those were mistakes I wish I never did also on the sequel.  On my Zune theirs a crapy podcast that call themselves The CHUD Show and they just like the movie a mega pile of s**t. Hatred
Panasit
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »

I was on a creature feature mode, watching over 10 of them in a day. C.H.U.D. was my last one after Black Water, Rogue, Dinoshark, etc. And I thought the movie was extremely good. I love the plot, and how different people from different walk of life tackle the issue. There aren't enough gore, but that's not what I look for in movies. I don't see how people can like the first Ghostbuster and hate this movie.
ChristopherS
New Visitor

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 09:58:07 AM »

Just found a great Halloween MP3 based on the C.H.U.D. movie, by a group called Sticks Downey. You can get it for free at SticksDowney dot com.
ThatGuy
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »

I always assumed that John Goodman went berserk and killed everything in the diner while yelling "you're in for a world of hurt".
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2011, 05:29:55 PM »

Love this movie.

I heard rumors that there's a longer version (longer by quite a bit!) somewhere out there (probably collecting dust in a film vault @ Area 51). Supposedly, this longer version shows the massacre in the sewer...current versions just show the "after the fact" gore (the corpses). Anybody know what I'm talking about? And no, I'm not drunk. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  CHUD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.