Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:29:22 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Devil's Rain « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Devil's Rain  (Read 66972 times)
marlajane1
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2000, 02:24:04 AM »

Actually saw this movie when it was first released at the drive in when I was a kid.  Scared me stupid.  I always remembered the melting faces.  Of course when I saw it later as an adult I was horrified for other reasons.  That's a damn crappy movie!!!
Canadaphile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie freaked me out tremendously when I was a kid.  Now it's funny, although Ernest Borgnine is scary-looking even without demon makeup.
Doug Frye
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is funny sometimes but I agree it's really just a novelty picture. Don't look for Travolta's big debut. It's a 30 second non-speaking part with tons of make-up hiding his eyes. The best part is the faith showdown between Borgnine and Shatner. That's classic. Is Borgnine really supposed to be frightening? I kept waiting for his kids to show up to take him back to the home. 'Don't mind Grampa, he always thinks he's the devil if doesn't get his pills.'
Cham
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ouch! This film hurts. John Travolta isn't recognizable. I looked for him and couldn't find him then found out that he was one of the satanists. He melts I think. It is worth seeing for the ending alone. I give it 2.5/5.
Macabre Matt
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love "The Devil's Rain", what a cast! This was actually Travolta's first film, don't blink you may just miss him!
Kevin
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is pure evil! How can anyone say that this movie is stupid and that Borgnine does a bad performance. He was awesome and he was the perfect man for this role. He looked very sinister! This is one of the best satanic films of all time. The other actors and actresses are good too. I definately would have given this film a perfect 5. It's even good if you watch the pan and scan version and I would say that Corbis was an awesome character. The makeup was superb. I would highly recommend this film to anyone.
J.P.
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2001, 09:08:52 PM »

I think there are some scenes missing in the video or DVD. I saw the film at a drive in , in the Seventies. I remember a scene where you saw how William Shatner got those nice satanic symbol scars on his chest. Ernest shot flames at him to make the marks. What else is mising?
Joe
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

First saw this film in the fall of 1979, late night on CBS (naturally following their Late-Late Friday night rerun of The Night Stalker).
Creeped me out - this is one strange film, to say the least.
Years later, after seeing it again, I realize how amazing it was that they got such a cast in a movie like this!
Since a lot of it was shot in the desert, I halfway expected Airwolf to show up in the scene where Earnest Borgnine confronted Bill Shatner at the water-pump (and what the heck is this line supposed to mean - <Shatner, drinking water from a hand-pump well>"It's BITTER!" <Borgnine>"SWEET way to end a thirst, though!").
Shatner sure was desperate for work in the early/mid Seventies - he was also in another TV-movie where he played an ex-preist flying from London to New York on a 747 where this Druid sarcoughagus or something starts taking over the plane with evil....his career seems to have been saved by the Star Trek movies and T.J. Hooker - but I recently saw some film where he actually played himself (although his was not the main character)and ended up singing a rap song to Shakepeare's Julius Ceasar - the film was called Free Enterprise.
As for the Devil's Rain - it definately belongs on this site, as it is a truly bad movie.
Wonder if Tom Skerrit's role helped him get his roles in Alien and Picket Fences?
Michael
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

When Satan saw that William Shatner was involved with this "movie" even he gave it a thumbs down(or claw down... whatever)!!!!
EvilDwarfDrago
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Saw this movie when it came out on ABC on network TV in the mid 70's, I had to watch it cause I love horror movies.  Other then that I totally forgot about this bomb of a movie.
Zenon
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Cool movie, to have the High Priest and High Priestess of the Church of Satan in it.   Too bad they didn't have a bigger part in it.  
Shadow
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I also took Latin.  it varied a lot over time, and Satanas is foreign word brought into Latin.

Rege Satanas! I take to be the Imperative: "Rule, Satan!"

It could also be an objective form of "King Satan", as in
[long live] King Satan!

This makes as much sense as Japanese Banzai! ("ten thousand years"), meaning
[may the Empereor reign] ten thousand years!  

Rege is classical Latin would be pronounced "Ray-Gay", not the soft slurred later forms that as it turned into Italian and Latin as pronounced by the catholic church.
Shadow
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2003, 06:19:25 PM »

A lot more images here, including Diane LaVey, a Priscilla Corbis : http://www.angelfire.com/movies/satanickeys/
Dan Lyon
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Saw this years ago on a B&W tv; did'nt know it was in color !!! Ernest Borgnine is scarier than hell; I'm so glad he was'nt my Dad. Great flick, a must-have. Travolta's first movie supposedly - for the few minutes you see the goo melt on him. Ernest is in a butt-load of vicious flicks so find them & watch them. Vengeance is Mine would make a nice part of a McHale's Navy marathon.
the decent docent
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

To clear that up: "kingdom of satanas" would mean "regnum satanatis" (in case the latter  is the right genitive case of "satanas") the verb-form "rege" in "rege satanas" derives from  rego 3, to rule or to reign and is the imperative I, so that "rege satanas" in correct latin means: "let satan rule", or "satan shall rule!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Devil's Rain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.