Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:02:56 PM
714456 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dead Alive « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Dead Alive  (Read 106631 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Peter Jackson's splatter comedy is astounding! It contains a kung fu Catholic priest, a zombie-mulching lawn mower, and buckets and buckets of fake gore.  Viewers are likely to simultaneously experience absolute revulsion and uncontrollable laughter.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
bear@badmovies.org
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 1998, 05:52:16 AM »

Peter Jackson has made a lot of similar films to this.  The first of them <I>Bad Taste</I>, while it doesn't have any lines that are quite the gems that Father McGruder gets to deliver, does have some spiffy ones.  Like the vomit drinker who joyfully proclaims, "OH, I GOT A CHUNKY BIT!"  Capital fun.  Hard to believe that he went on to make <I>The Frighteners.</I>
andrew.schutt@agg.co
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 1998, 08:50:28 PM »

I must say, this movie was fantastic. Quite a love story, really. Oh, and some zombies and gore. The only downside: do not see the rated version. All the good stuff is edited.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 1998, 11:44:01 PM »

I saw part of this movie with my girlfriend, not to long after we tried to watch it we broke up. Not a good date movie!
kiki
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 1999, 02:56:56 AM »

I saw this movie a few years ago and all the blood-drenching perversion made me think of the grandpa of all bloodbath flicks: Blood Feast! Made in 1964, this movie (so I've heard) was the first to use gratuitious gore. Believe me, you gotta see it to believe it. The "plot" revolves around a deranged Egyptian caterer who worships the Blood Goddess Ishtar and is going around collecting body parts from comely young women to bring her back to life ( I swear this is true!). With long, lingering shots of hacked up bodies, awful acting, enough buckets of blood to keep the "Evil Dead" movies in business for another 50 years, and a nice short running time (around 70 minutes), this is one that is dying to be on this page! Please read this and find this movie!! I promise you, it belongs on every bad movie lovers shelf!
MermaidAmI
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 1999, 12:00:11 AM »

I checked out this movie because of your recommendation.  This had to have been the funniest movies I've ever seen (except for Mel Brooks films of course)!!  Although I don't know how Lionel could have memories of almost drowning, when he was across the room!!  How do you see the hand in the water? Or the woman's face??  But I will say... the best scene had to have been Father McGruder's Ass kicking scene!!  I love that little catch phrase of his.  When did mexicans move into New Zealand???  How can this horrible movie come from the same place as Xena: Warrior Princess? I didn't know a single lightbulb could illuminate a person's features so well.  I'm glad the cops got there so soon, and how well they interrogated Lionel and Paquita.  P.S.My intestines are prettier than yours!
tirinis@csrlink.net
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 1999, 06:28:46 PM »

Ya know, I saw the this movie in the videos stores for a long time now and always laughed at the cover.  I never went ahead and picked up and read it though...until I found badmovies.org and found out what it was all about.  I went out the next day, and bought myself a copy of this classic.  Hilariously gory with a twisted love story.  Can't wait for PJ's Lord of the Rings.  Just hope he tones down the violence for that one.

---Chesna
Warren H.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 1999, 12:59:13 PM »

This movie is great!  Not only is it one of the goriest flicks ever made, it features very good acting, a well-done love story, laugh-out-loud comedy, and inventive dialogue.  And it's nice to see somebody kicking ass for the right reason:  for the Lord!
ixtlan_82@hotmail.com
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 1999, 07:55:42 PM »

Wonderously gorey with side splitting moments of humor. This movie is great! I bought a copy recently, it has come yet but I can only pray it's the unedited version as it even more of a gore fest! Fantastic!
NetFrog Alpha
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 1999, 11:22:10 AM »

What's to say that hasn't already been said about this gore classic? Zombies, kung-fu priests, rat-monkeys, zombie babies and enough innards and outards of both the dead and living to make a nun cry! The lawnmower scene ranks right up there in the Gore Hall o' Fame. Definitely a movie I'm proud to own, and one you should too. Just make sure you get the unrated version.
Bodo
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 1999, 02:04:42 PM »

I saw Dead Alive about a year ago with my girlfriend, and I loved it so much I held a party with my friends so they could see it!  They all liked it too--the sacrilicious comments of Father McGruder, the HORRIBLE stop-motion animation, the brutal death of that nerdy scientist in the beginning, and the scenes after scenes of relentlessly gut-wrenching gore!!  I can't advocate this movie more--if you love to watch ANY kind of movie, this one will stay in your mind!
zombies8@hotmail.com
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 1999, 11:18:15 AM »

Although the movie was only 70 somewhat minutes, it took my friend and I a good 2 hours to watch the entire film.  What with all the rewinding and slow motion, this movie is great.
The epitome of a good horror movie. Fun, entertaining, gory... Not only one of the best horror movies I've seen, but the best comedy as well. Forget Austin Powers and those other movies, rent Peter Jackson movies for a good laugh.
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dead/Alive or Braindead as it is known outside of America, has to be hands down, or squirming in a pile of blood, as Peter Jackson would have it one of the most ludicrous zombie films out there. While the production value is utter crap Jackson amuses his audience with memoriable charaters and over the to blood. Very gruesome and funny one can not help but see a connection to Dead/Alive and the comedy of the Evil Dead. Although to some disapointment some of the characters fail to be anything more then one-dimensional and the only real memorable line is Father Mcgrungers' I kick ass for the Lord and some the cheesy scene where the mother eats a dog and all the audience see is it's tale out of her mouth. In truth it's a two star movie.
paul westbrook
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 1999, 11:12:18 AM »

What a movie? Does it get any better than this? Peter Jackson is a genius at this sort of movie making. The zombie attacks, incredible, the acting, well that is another story. Then again, who views these films for the acting ability anyhow?
hawkmankt@earthlink.net
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 1999, 03:39:12 AM »

I picked up the "unrated" version of this film on
dvd after reading about it here.  I have to admit
that it is indeed the funniest and goriest film
I've ever seen.  I highly recommend it to any
horror buff or comedy buff (if they can stand the
gore).  It is quite simply a masterpiece deserving
a spot next to my Evil Dead collection.  Enjoy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dead Alive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.