Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:22:02 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Brain Damage « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Brain Damage  (Read 37751 times)
bear@badmovies.org
« on: October 30, 1998, 03:40:32 PM »

Aylmer is the real star of this film.  He isn't featured anywhere near enough.  I think the movie is worth the rental just for him... horrible as this movie is, Aylmer makes it rule.  His look reminds me a lot of the leeches in the film, NIGHT OF THE CREEPS.  (Except Aylmer can't animate the dead)
David Emery
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 1998, 04:35:30 PM »

Aylmer is hilarious but he didn't talk enough...this movie is pretty good, especially the scene at the end where Brian's head explodes. Brian or Morris should have made an attempt to bottle the BD for profit as it was oozing on to the ground at the end, but I guess getting your brain a) sucked out or b) electrocuted forces you focus on other matters.
NetFrog Alpha
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 1999, 11:27:54 AM »

It's always fun to watch a horror movie with a message. Mr. Henenlotter (the director) conveyed a strong anti-drug statement in this strange little film. Still, it's always great to watch a movie where someone gets their brain sucked out of their mouth.
Phil
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 02:12:47 PM »

As a sidenote, Aylmer is voiced by none other than John Zacherle. Zacherle was an awesome 50s B-movie host (sort of like an early Elvira or MST3K) who was married to a slime mold and lived in an ancient castle. This is one of his very few film roles.
cwestfa1@twcny.rr.com
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 1999, 10:54:42 PM »

I have only scene the clips, but want to see the movie. I think Aylmer is played by Zacherly, a New York local host of horror films, he is semi retired but did a few special on WPIX channel 11 in New York before it was bought by Warner Bros. He has also put out several albums of cheesy music parodies, taken popular songs of the time and giving them a horror beat (ie Limbo Rock, became Limb from Limbo Rock)
dominus81@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 1999, 02:29:15 AM »

Just wanted to say that I saw Brain Damage the day before yesterday, and it was hilarious! I Love it! It's just so f**king sick! Me and a cupple of friends are starting up "The Aylmer Society" and we're gonna make T-shirts and everything! Hooray for Aylmer!
Ragdoll
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is not a very good movie, in fact, this was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  I don't understand why everyone likes Alymer so much, I think he's all that great, I mean what's a Brit doing in the USA?  How did he get there?  What the hell? I just didn't get this movie,  I guess I may have to watch it again.
Macabre Matt
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Released by Paramount, and directed by Frank Henenlotter of Basket Case & Frankenhooker fame. I love Elmer's voice, sort of reminds me of "Toxie", the guy's name is John Zacherle. Look out for 2 of the stars of Basket Case in cameos.
Mike
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Absolute classic!

I once lapsed back into consiousness for about 1 minute after being drunk on the sofa and the next day had this weird memory about a film on BRAVA that had a talking turd with an Oxbridge accent that went on a killing spree.  I tried for a year and a half to find this movie and finally I caught it on the sci-fi channel!!!

WOO-HOO.

-Mike
Jennifer
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just got the Special Edition DVD. I hadn't seen it in a few years and had forgotten what a charming little turd Aylmer is. I love the scene where sings "Aylmer's Tune."
I also like the smacking noises he makes when he's devouring
someone's freshly exposed brain. I MUST make a soundset for
my computer from this movie!
Angela
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love this movie.  I wached it three times this weekend. Seriously. The little men in the white coats tried to shut if off, but I wouldn't let them. I would really like a sound clip of when Brian first meets Aylmer - when he pops up and says "Hi" - anyone know where I can get it??????????????
Jozef Dick
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I rented this movie about a year ago and thought it was o.k. 2 weeks ago I found it used for $4.00!!! Now I love it. I watch it almost every day. It's an instant classic and is very original. I recommend it to everybody I know!
Ashleigh
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2004, 04:34:43 PM »

Rick Herbst (Brian) is now playing Ric Lancing on General Hospital. Did he really start with horror films?! Wow.
yolkboy
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Brain Damage is definitely Frank Henenlotter's crowning achievement, although "Basket Case", an earlier gem, is a must-see, also.  The main character of "Basket Case", carrying his mutant telepathic amputated conjoined twin in a basket, actually meets Brian face to face in the subway scene of "Brain Damage" where both characters are pretty much at the worst of each's own  unique situation.  Madness staring back at madness.  "Brain Damage"  has long been my #1 favorite movie of any genre.  It still is, but recently, "Shaun of the Dead" gave it a good run for it's money.  Yes, there is far too much naked boy booty for my taste, and the drug message is there, but the creativity and originality of this movie are matched by no other.  I thought the plot was excellent, too.  Good angst and tragedy.  I would give it a solid 4 1/2 stars, or droplets if you will!
Someone
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I liked this movie a lot. Those old horror movies are best that the new ones (In the old ones the end is not everybody happy, that's the best part, they always end wrong)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Brain Damage « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.