Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:01:57 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Winterbeast « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Winterbeast  (Read 33107 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 08:49:05 PM »

And all of that plaid, my god, the plaid............... 

You noticed it too?

Andrew: Oh, Man, I am so in for this film. It sounds right up my alley. Plus, you have to love a character that becomes a park ranger (normally a noble pursuit) so that he can score chicks. I can only repeat: I am so in!
Thanks to Earthbound for supplying a buyer's link.
Great review! I even love the fact that it was basically unfinished. -- Mykal

If you hunt this down, I'd love to hear your thoughts.  It's really, really bad and confusing.  With a group of friends who like to goof around while watching bad movies it could be a lot of fun.

The short bits of animation are the highlights, but all the creatures seem to suffer from some neurological defect that makes them wiggle their heads and wave their arms constantly. At least the monsters don't wear plaid.

The fun and crappy stop motion animation is what saves me from giving this movie a complete rock bottom rating. Too bad there wasn't a whole lot more of it.

There was quite a bit more of it than I would expect from such a low-budget film that was never actually finished.  I liked the silly stop motion critters!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Cmb
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 09:52:33 AM »

The monster reaching into the house looks like the peperami animal!
Rod
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »

Just read your review of Winterbeast, and it's got me hankerin to find this one and watch it.  As bad movies go, this one looks freakin' awesome!   BounceGiggle

Just watched the randam video clip, when the rock climber gets it.  LOLOL--did that monster just THROW GANG SIGNS?!?!   Buggedout
Torgo

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 09:15:39 AM »

I particularly liked the part where the stop motion tree type creature took the clay version of the topless chick and "slammed" her against the side of the cabin.    That and when the older guy who looked like equal parts Malcolm McDowell and Timothy Leary had that mask on and was dancing around the corpses.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Raffine

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 09:31:50 AM »

I particularly liked the part where the stop motion tree type creature took the clay version of the topless chick and "slammed" her against the side of the cabin.   

I listened to a bit of the commentary and they said that later that day she appeared in almost the same 'topless screaming victim' scene for another movie.

Bet THEY didn't have a wiggly peperami animal monster, though!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Bryan
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 07:16:54 AM »

Sweet merciful barrel of funky monkeys!  You are correct, forewarned is nowhere near helpful!  Though I have to say, there is one thing worse than the plaid- the lodge owner's ubiquitous deranged smile.  I may have nightmares about that.  The mask towards the end was an improvement. 

I agree, I wish they had more of the critters.  Especially if they danced pimp-tree-alien style like from the clip.  I expected the deer heads to start laughing a la "Evil Dead 2" style.  Wow, just wow.  We're talking "Game over, man!" wow.  This is the weirdest thing I've seen since "The Seventh Curse".

Good review.  There's no way I can write my own review now because I can not think of a better way to try and explain this alphabet soup of 'scenes' without massively borrowing/ripping you off.  Here will be my review- "Go see Andrew.  [url]"

Thumbup  (for the review)
Ray Martin
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 05:56:43 PM »

I just found out that my buddy Chris was the Winter Beast. He even has a movie poster. I'm going to buy a copy right now.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Winterbeast « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.