Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:10:48 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Crawling Eye « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: The Crawling Eye  (Read 121128 times)
« on: April 15, 1999, 08:59:19 AM »

This was the first horror movie I ever saw (at a friend's house).  I didn't remember it being so funny, just bad--
Aufngr86
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 1999, 08:51:21 PM »

I have loved this movie since I was a kid.  OK, so it's silly.  I still love the eye playing ball with the little girl.  And, of course, the classic "bombing" scene.  Just a fun movie.  
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 1999, 04:05:46 AM »

If you're lucky enough to get "Cartoon Network" the show "Freakazoid" does an incredibly faithful send-up of "Crawling Eye" in one episode, except anyone who disappears on the mountain...nah, watch it, you'll see. Heh heh.  
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 1999, 11:07:25 AM »

Wouldn't Switzerland be somewhat miffed at the British for bombing one of its observatories on the authority of some guy who used to work for the UN, and a local physicist?
Patrick
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 1999, 03:00:11 AM »

Wow,that Forrest Tucker is a real take-charge kind of guy!  I watched this for the first time on AMC, loved every second of it.  Thoroughly disgusting monsters.  Nice intruding wires on the tentacles.  Everything I hoped and prayed it would be.
Stefan Robak
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2000, 04:57:34 PM »

That's one of my favourite episodes of Freakazoid

Frekazoid and a guy in a trenchcoat are on a sky lift type thing:
Freakazoid: "Wow, this place is great.  It's just like the sky buckets at Disney world."
Omnious Guy: "Not anymore I'm afraid."
Freakazoid: "What do you mean"
O.G.: "Disney World no longer have skybuckets.  They took them out a couple years ago."
Freakazoid: "Oh, well they still have the little boats right?"
Omnious Guy bites his index knuckle.
Freakazoid: "NOOOOOOOO!"

Also:
O.G.: "We must go.  It's not safe lingering after dark."
Freakazoid: "But... It's day."
O.G.: "Oh, then I guess we can linger for a little while londer............ OK let's go"
Paul H.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2000, 04:45:08 PM »

Yep Freakazoid is the king.  And he has good taste in movies.  the Crawling eye suffers from the "all movies pre 1960 being slow and boring in parts syndrome."  But the bad science in this movie is great and the overly dramatic acting is good for a laugh.  A fun movie to watch but not good like day of the triffids.
Knox
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Even with Saddam gone, we still long for the days when any civilian working for the UN could go into another country (even neutral Switzerland) and order its citizens around without even being able to speak their language.

I like this film and have a copy of it, but I couldn't help notice that it has a major script flaw in it (like most other sci-fi/horror movies of any era) -- no one seems interested in what the things look like before they actually meet. Tucker sees one when he rescues the girl in the hotel, but he doesn't mention anything about it to the people in the observatory. In real life, the monster's appearance would be one of the main points of interest.

Carmine Barbarise
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this on Chiller Theater in the New York/New Jersey area in the 1960's on WPIX Cahennel 11.  Does anyone knoiw where to find those great horror themes from those shows?  Chiller Theater, Supernatural Theater and Creature Features were the big ones.  Please somebody write to me and let me know!  Thanks.
Minadog
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2000, 10:03:39 PM »

Seen it on chiller theater, remember good ole Zac. New York loves monsters. Too bad channel eleven is not WPIX anymore. Back then our area TV with the old channels five,nine, and eleven were better than today's cable!! Oh yes, if you are a Forrest Tucker fan, then don't forget to watch The Abominable snow man. It may be his best!
Chadzilla
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2000, 07:00:43 PM »

I saw this countless times when I was a kid, KTVU must have owned a copy or something, and the first time I saw it it scared the beejesus out of me.  It's still a whole lot of fun and far better (and far, far, far more original) than some of the dreck being dumped into theaters and video rental outlets these days.
Bri
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Crawling Eye - best thing Tucker did before F-Troop.
Minadog remembers Chiller Theater - I would love to see that creepy plasticine hand emerging from the barren crack in the ground. And that eerie psychedelic music with the evil voice, "CHILLLL-ERRR". Can you tell this traumatized me for life seeing it as a little kid on WPIX Channel 11 in NY?
Can anyone direct me to a place where I can view this again so I can exorcize my demons and sort these issues out!!
Oh - and Creature Feature on Metromedia Channel 5 too, please.
bob
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Saw this for the first time at 8 yrs. old. Scared the sh*t out of me, (especially the head part). Had to turn it off, but would go back for more. "Fell in love" at the tender age of 8 with the pretty actress. Anyone know who she is and where is she now? It was shown frequently on "Million Dollar Movie" on WOR in NY, NY.
Armadillo
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Forrest Tucker surpasses himself (he has to, he can't do any worse) in this British sci-fi/horror opus.  This movie is like a meeting of alcoholics unanimous as everyone has a drink before going up the mountain.  The ethnic (Swiss, German?) scientist looks like Groucho Marx.  Overall, this is my kind of movie with creeping mists, people calling out to something in the mists, and people then disappearing.  I wish the kid chasing the ball had been caught in the tentacle.  That would have been a no no for a 50's flick.
rob
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

As ridiculous as it is to admit this ; when I was around 8 or 9, I saw this film for the first time and...ok...here it comes...it frightened me on a very profound level...in some ways it was one of the very first examples of how powerful "fear" can be. I remember years later---seeing it's title in TV guide and getting a terrified feeling at the thought of watching it again at midnight or whatever time it was going to be on
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Crawling Eye « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.