Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:59:00 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Crawling Eye « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Crawling Eye  (Read 121122 times)
R. Lloyd Nelson
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2006, 11:39:41 PM »

The Crawling Eye is available in a two DVD set with the original Invaders From Mars.  Deep Discount DVD has the pair for less than $10.  
Bill
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I like this movie...it's always been one of my favorites...it's not a bad movie, it's a 50's sci-fi movie that had alot going for it at the time.  Technically, it's a dinosaur however, I love it for the sheer satisfaction that it'sa a movie that I used to see 5 nights in a row on the 60's movie show MILLION DOLLAR MOVIE.

There are classic lines that my friends and I make fun of but the one that always tells me that they didn't pay much attention to detail is the one at the end of the mvoie when Phillip asks Ann if she wants to step outside for a breath of fresh air...............even though they just got done napalming the whole mountain that is now full of char-broiled eyeballs......Breath of fresh air indeed.
Monalisajack
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »

I too saw  this movie on Chiller Theatre channel 11 in NYC.  One of my favorite B movies I have it on DVD.
Duderancher
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2007, 04:44:20 PM »

I saw this movie when it was first released while living in Navy Housing in Corpus Christi, TX.  I think it cost a whole 10 cents.  I was about four years old at the time....  This movie scared the holly crap out of me and continued to haunt me for I would guess close to two years later!!!  I had constant reoccurring nightmares about this movie, not to mention many a sleepless and scarred stiff nights.  I am 52 now and NEVER forgot this movie.  I even had to buy a copy a couple of years ago.  I watched it and wondered what the heck I was so scared about...
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2007, 06:20:22 PM »

Scard the feces out of my kid self...now want a copy of the MST3K version. "Dr. Groucho" included.
And old Forest. Joel and the Bots used every F-Troop riff they could.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Feral Barn Cat
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2008, 06:26:21 PM »

The Crawling Eye was the first scary movie I saw on TV as a young kid.  It had to be around the time it was first made, which makes me old.  Anyway, it scared me so much I didn't want to go down the hall to bed afterwards and I've been hooked on Sci Fi ever since.  Recently, I found it on DVD and loved it just as much as ever. 
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »

I do remeber this movie they destroyed it with molitove cocktails
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2008, 02:28:25 PM »

If only they made movies half as good as this nowadays in terms of chilling atmosphere. Only the ending disappoints as it seems much too easy a solution. Apparently THE MIST owes this big time.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jimmy B
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2008, 09:13:16 PM »

This one has shown up recently on MonstersHD cable channel. Forgot how it gave me the creeps, too, when I was a kid. Still think they're the most hideous things I've ever seen and in a B movie no less.

Considering it was pretty cheap, how did they make those things with the eye moving and all??

Also, to early posters, don't think this was a Chiller Theater entry. I seem to remember it on Channel 9, probably on Supernatural Theater.
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »

I have no memory of watching this as a kid.

The shot of Glenn Manning spearing a guy with a giant hypo needle is probably my first Horror memory.

But I do have the MST version. Only movie to show up in two episodes. It's been mentioned that the original title was "The Trollenberg Terror". I agree with the thought that such an ambiguous title didn't give away the ending. Who would've expected such a monster, until it was actually revealed?
But The Crawling Eye is a perfect Sci-Fi / Horror title, too.
timmy mac
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2008, 05:06:07 PM »

to this day  it`s still my favorite all time horror classic. and it did scare the hell out of me when i saw it as a kid....couldn`t sleep that night....i`ve been reading all the comments and a lot of them are so true with my feelings also...i`ve turned so many people on to this movie and everyone  loved it...my kids the most when they were small...now every time we see fog it`s also the first comment out of their mouths....and they`re teens now!!!lol....i loved the statements about screw-ups in the movie but didn`t all  50`s movies have screw-ups?????......still wondering how the monster got into the hut without breaking any doors or windows!!!lol....and still wondering how hans got up to the observatory after he left the motel and was infected like brett........my favorite line..." cute little things , aren`t they!!!!!!".....and i do remember it being on supernatural theatre before chiller theatre......was very disappointed when forest tucker died and they listed his accomplishments and this wasn`t one of them...very disappointed......one more.....do want to get the chiller hand stuff......know anywhere i can get it????
Jimmy B
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2008, 08:46:59 PM »

For "Chiller", it's on YouTube. Just search on "Chiller Theater" or something like that. You can even find the earlier one (that I remember) with 50-Foot Woman and Plan 9 clips in it.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2008, 08:16:35 AM »

For "Chiller", it's on YouTube. Just search on "Chiller Theater" or something like that. You can even find the earlier one (that I remember) with 50-Foot Woman and Plan 9 clips in it.

I recall,when I was VERY young(6 0r 7) in the late 60's,we lived in Milton,NY. I watched TWO on a GUILLITINE on Chiller. The opening theme,with Vampira and the Collassal Man, scared the p**s outta me.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2009, 06:08:03 AM »

I was given a copy of the DVD of CE a couple of years ago, and I must have watched it a dozen times since.  I find it incredibly re-watchable.  I'm also withdrawing my previous comments on the effects - they're not all that bad.  Certainly the excellent sound effects help make up for the creature visuals.  But in my repeated viewings I noticed a couple of things:

1.  An actual blooper - freeze frame as Janet Munro collapses onto Forrest Tucker in the early train scene, and you'll notice that the newspaper he's been reading is already crumpled up from previous takes of the scene.

2.  Intended humor?  CE takes itself very seriously.  There's really no humor in the film at all - or is there?  When the doctor is conducting the examination of the zombified Brett in the basement of the inn, the hotel manager is holding a lamp for him to see by.  The "lower...  lower...  lower...  put it on the floor." bit of dialogue has the ring of a scene from "Young Frankenstein" and gets a laugh from me.

Great to to see this site still kicking!
elDuendeVerde
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »

I've just got to say: this is the best title to any movie, ever.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Crawling Eye « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.