Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:20:50 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Crippled Masters « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Crippled Masters  (Read 68677 times)
Purity Control
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

FWIW, you can now find this film on DVD in a 2-disc, 4-flick cheapo set put out by Brentwood Communications entitled "Kung Fu Wars".  $5.99 for the set at Best Buy, which effectively comes out to $1.50 for this legendary piece of kung fu cinema.  Full frame transfer, probably from a VHS, but who cares?  :)
Dini
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Holy crap son...this movie is one of the best things I've ever seen. My favourite part is where the little old man in the basket randomly rolls into the room and all the bad guys assume there are vast riches in it. I also like learning how little blood hacking off someone's arms causes. A movie by the twisted, for the twisted.
Will Sloan
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

When the armless guy started twirling the bamboo stick with his deformed stump, my jaw dropped to the floor and hasn't come back up since. Simply the most unforgettable scene in motion picture history.
Seth
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Very good movie, I don't understand why it is only here at badmovies.org. Well my favorite part is when the two cripples walk (and whatever it's called when you walk on your hands) back into the chicken house and order food. Then then old waiter guy tries to take the guy's chicken again, but he's like... Not this time, and commences to beat his ass all over the place with his feet, and chicken wing arm. It is the best 6 dollars I have ever spent in my entire life to buy this DVD. And to think I didn't even know what I was buying at the time. I have the Master of the 8 Jade Horses as my windows background now thanks to this web site! http://www.defectiveminds.com/ l8r
Falzar
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is a HUGE PIECE OF crap. Notice that "huge piece" means for me it is still good. In fact, it is SO  incongruitous to see crippled in a kung fu movie,the plot is SO ridiculous and the sounds effects are SO loosy that it is an absolute "must see".

I am also fond of "normal" cinema and I think movies like this one give you a wider view of what-a-movie-can-be because it certainly NOTHING LIKE YOU HAVE EVER SEEN BEFORE.
Penny
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 10:53:27 AM »

I work in the HIV field and I came accross this script thru an article by Shawn from Poz Action. This is great, I really enjoy a good hero flick especially when its combined with people who have severe challenges who overcome them in the end.. Kudos to you who represent them.
P
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 07:19:52 AM »

Best. Girlfriend hated. But anybody with an incling of humor should realize this is a classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew Thornhill
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I found this flick at Suncoast for 5 bucks. I couldn't resist.

Greatest. Movie. Ever.

I especially like the line from the Kung-Fu master, "I sleep in a steaming basket, hehe, most people sleep in beds!" It's so not scene appropriate.
Galadhir
New Visitor

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 03:45:45 PM »

I happened to see this little gem very late the night before my wedding 7 years ago.  I had a buddy spend the night and we decided to try and stay up all night, drinking, watching stupid movies, whatever...  This movie came on and we couldn't stop watching it!  I was totallly hooked!  Yes its cheesy, yes its campy, yes its cheap but come on!!  How many movies like this have EVER been made???  A classic.  I bought a copy soon after and it has become an urban legend of sorts among friends and acquaintances.
Mr Handsom
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 07:20:55 AM »

In response to this comment:
"This movie totally blowed,people with even
a limited amount of intelligence better steer
clear from this movie."

Whoever said that must have a very limited sense of humor. I am sorry, but my IQ is 160, and I thought the movie was hilarious. Im not quoting my IQ to boost myself, Im just saying that one need not take it so seriously. Geez...why is it that people cant see the amazingly absurd humor attached to this and similar flicks. If a person doesnt find it humorous, so be it. But dont knock the merit of the film if you cannot comprehend the varying aspects and qualities it brings to the table. At very least, it is a classic idea that will go down in history as one of a kind.
LSheamus
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2010, 01:32:26 AM »

I just can't help thinking that the guy's bloody arm meat looks like a barbecue chicken leg.
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2010, 04:06:04 PM »

I've seen this movie, and it should not be confused with the far superior Shaw Brothers' film of the same name. At least, I believe the Shaw film goes by the title Crippled Masters. 

The Shaw movie I speak of is also known as Return Of The Five Deadly Venoms due to the 5 core stars who played in the original Five Deadly Venoms, save for Wei Pai (who played Snake.)

Any of you who have seen it know the film of which I speak. In any case, watching an armless and a legless master kick a*s was a fun movie.

If anyone thinks this one is bad, wait 'till you see The Incredible Super Chan.   Buggedout

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Knightsaber1
New Visitor

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »

Just watched this one for free on YouTube and actually liked it a lot. Cool popcorn flick, or in my case chicken and beer.  Drink
Not fond of the ending, though, because it looked like it just ran out of film and put "THE END" on it instead. Kind of Python-esque, but no comedic intent.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Crippled Masters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.