Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:22:39 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Titanic « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Titanic  (Read 57398 times)
pred19
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is a movie I'd see once, or maybe twice just to see the ship fall apart for a second time.

Isn't it funny, how all the hype for this movie totally vanished once it came out on video. Movies like 'The Thing' did poorly at the box office, but has since gathered a huge following. 'Titanic', however, was a massive hit, and now is just a ghost of its former self.
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Titanic could of been an in depth character study and ultimately a great film, but instead Cameron makes a conventional love story and a rather cliched film.
Diana
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have seen Titanic numerous times,and though my husband and I do make fun of the flaws in the movie, we still like to watch it. I disagree that the acting was bad. I think Kate did a great job of portraying a "well raised" woman who is forced to marry an arrogant, snobby, possesive a***ole, just so her mother won't have to work for a living. And, she may have whined alot in the movie, but being stuck with a Fiance' like Cal, do you blame her? I just loved it when she spit in his face!! I wanted to spit in his face thoughout the whole movie.
  Yes, there are many flaws in the movie. There was no Chippawa Falls in 1912. No, Rose and Jack wouldn't have survived the freezing water in the boat, when they were trying to escape. The crewman at the wheel is being told "Hard over starboard, but he's turning the wheel to the left. And, Jack would have never been able to hold that confersation with Rose after they were in the water. But, every movie has it's flaws and that doesen't stop us from watching them. I also feel that Kathy Bates was a perfect pick for The Unsinkable Molly Brown.
  Oh, one more thing. Those of you who say things like "This movie sucked donkey balls". and spelling Leo's name, Decrappio, or Defaggio.  GROW UP!!!!!! I can't even acknowlwdge your criticism because you're soooo immature!!!!!

Alain
New Visitor

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2007, 06:24:40 AM »

Well as far as i'm concerned , the love story of this movie should have been excluded , actually what we wanted to see it's the ship sinking (1 hour and a half and kiss it goodbye) the rest sucks

and has anyone noticed that the water was very cold (a lot of people died from that)  but it doesn't seemed to be so for the water inside the ship for Rose and Jack (they should normally have died already) 

Oh and another thing I'm from province of Quebec , Canada and i am more than happy that Celine Dion decided to  live in the US (her voice gets on my and the majority of Quebecers very nerve..Yayy Thumbup
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 06:28:53 AM by Alain » Logged
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 02:28:18 PM »

I hated this movie for two reasons: the fact that they turned a tragedy into a love story and Leornado Dicapiro.  They did this in the Pearl Harbor movie too, a love story in the Pearl Harbor setting.  
[color=]This explains why the Great Luke Ski song "Titanic Monday" includes the line "How many chic flicks have you seen, where over 1500 people died?" Oh, the SHIP was great, and some of the real people...but... I've said it before, i'll say it again. "Sleep with the fishes, leo!"[/color]

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
watson11
New Visitor

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2007, 12:45:57 AM »

Hi,
  Titanic is a romantic movie and it topped the chart those days.Though the film did  not provide the correct information,this one is a must watch movie.I think I saw the film nearly a fifty times.Kate Winslet was mind blowing and so was Caprio.
Michael Twomey
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 01:44:47 PM »

I tink tis is a disgrace.whoever wrote this sh## must have been watchin a different film.titanic is the best film that has ever been made and i dont give a sh## what anyone else thinks.
ere I am, J.F
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »

As a practical achievement Titanic looks great, so good in fact that people don't notice the horrible dialogue, acting or stupid situations.
Of course we could always discuss if it should be on Badmovies.org because the director was established, the movie is big budget and it received many oscars.

We would find out that movies can still be very flaky, take Cleopatra, Heaven's Gate and still have a huge budget, Cameron was a protege of Roger Corman and most of his movies were and are big budget B-movies, this one was among the worst and the oscars is a popularity contest among the Hollywood studio.

Reasons why Titanic should be placed on here would be: a gunfight on board a sinking ship between hero and villain, the misstake of using the wrong guy that shoots passangers and then himself, flipping of the bird, Leo and Kate running down a corridor in slow-mo escaping water, a guy dropping some handy keys when they get trapped, steamy sex scene in automobile, the lovely couple kissing up on deck and distracting the look-out until the ship crashes into an iceberg, the old Rose asking if Paxton & crew want to know if Leo and she, "did it" and listeners finding it cute (hearing your great grandmother talk about her sexual escapades might not be as funny as this movie tries to make it).

If that's not enough how about the ridiculous reception where almost everyone declared it to be fantastic and Cameron himself running up in joy to grab his first oscar and later accepting his next one only to tell the audience to have a silent moment for the people that died on the Titanic, a real tear-jerker for sure.
Gene
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 12:20:29 AM »

The only real travesty is this. this god-awful piece of cinematic crap beat L.A. Confidential for best pic of the year.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 08:29:26 PM »

The only real travesty is this. this god-awful piece of cinematic crap beat L.A. Confidential for best pic of the year.

Why am I not surprised by this. If you see the Academy Awards, what you will not see--many times--is the best film of the year receive the Oscar for Best Picture.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 10:36:44 AM »

I hate the Oscars. Bunch of self-involved, self-adoring, egotistical, "look at me!", pat-yourself-on-the-back, masturbatory studio system b.s.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Maskdt
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 12:35:01 AM »

I wasn't a fan when it came out, even though I was part of its "adolescent girls who have no idea what the hell it's like to be in a real relationship" target audience at the time. I've seen Kate Winslet and DiCaprio in other films, and they can act. But act, they didn't here. Probably because Cameron got so caught up in his "vision" that he forgot the most important aspect of screenwriting: rewrite, rewrite, rewrite. Frankly, if I ever hear or saw people talking and acting like that in real life, I'd wonder if there was something wrong with them...

Overall, poor writing, poor acting (actors didn't have much to work with), okay effects, way too much money spent on this in the wrong places.
Kruhn
New Visitor

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 01:01:06 AM »

This review has been rather divisive. What I would like to tell to those who love their movies and act as if someone had murdered a close relative to understand that this is a movie. Understand this, the reviewer is entitled to his opinion. He  I agree-- that the movie has a lot of cringeworthy moments and it should be taken to this forum and ridiculed.

I personally have no ill will towards Kate Blanchett and Leonardo di Caprio. I also think that Mr. di Caprio is a movie star in the old school. I mean you only see this guy in the news only when there's a movie with him on it. That is commendable.

Now to the movie. I like the story of the Titanic, I watched and loved A Night to Remember and watched about every documentary on the Titanic. I was not going to watch this movie, but one Friday morning in beautiful and sunny San Juan, Puerto Rico, I was walking by the movie theater and it happened the movie was about to start, so I decided to catch it on an early matinee. The theater was half-full and I remembered the line for the next show. Now the movie's visuals were lovely, but the acting and the storyline stank. I mean this story was so incongruous that I was laughing all through the three hours it lasted. In fact the whole scene where Leo's character is handcuffed to the pillar and we the water rising outside, I started belting Under the Sea .

It is funny that twenty years prior to Titanic another movie, visually stunning, but with crappy acting was passed over many of the same Oscars this movie got. Perhaps I may be somewhat jaded, but I've only seen this movie once, as a fluke, and I believe it is one time too many.
Jami
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2010, 02:35:00 AM »

I am one of the biggest Titanic fans you will ever meet. Who cares about the flaws that really made no difference in the movie at all whatsoever. I know that people are entitled to their opinion and yes the Oscars are a joke but Titanic should not be on this website. And what we were we supposed to do for the first two hours? We needed some sort of story in there before the ship could sink. I hated what James Cameron did at the Oscars and I certainly know I'm not the only one. :) But please people...stop cursing it out! That goes for fans and haters. You can say what's on you mind but please... And Kate Winslet's acting was beautiful for those of you who can't spot talent when you see it (apparently,though, she did better in her natural British accent). And come on ladies and gay guys! Leo DiCaprio was a pretty yummy piece of eye candy.

Like I said before....I am one the biggest Titanic fans you'll ever meet. I've watched it 20 3/4 times. And although I will never change my mind whoever wrote this article: I was cracking up! (in a good way) You're pretty funny, man. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Titanic « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.