Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:54:29 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Plan 9 from Outer Space « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: Plan 9 from Outer Space  (Read 228857 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 25, 1999, 11:15:54 PM »

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 04:27:03 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
crabbaby@aol.com
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 1999, 05:20:00 PM »

Plan 9 is really not the worst movie of all time, because it is so unintentionally hilarious. The cheesy special effects, inappropriate use of stock film footage, obvious breaks in continuity and outrageously bad dialogue combine to make this movie a lot of fun if viewed with the right people.  As far as Ed Wood movies go, this one is actually quite watchable, without the torturous inane monologes a la Glen or Glenda.  I highly recommend watching this movie for a good laugh.
Ogre
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2000, 06:34:16 AM »

Well first of all this truly is the WORST movie in the galaxy! It's effects (If they intended on having any) are just the result of pointless nano-seconds of usless work.
I mean look at it! The space ships are hub caps! You can see the little strings that hold it up! The plot stinks (Give me a break!A bomb that destroys the univers?) and to make it worse one of the actors actually shriveled up and DIED in the middle of the making! The only thing good about this movie is to laugh endless hours at it!
Dano
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 1999, 12:15:09 AM »

For those who wondered just who the hell the narrator for Plan 9 is, his name is Criswell, a "psychic" at the time, taken about as seriously as we do with Jean Dixon today.
patti.english@delta-air.com
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 1999, 01:42:19 PM »

You didn't mention the scene onboard an aircraft when the pilot spots the wobbling flying saucer.  The cockpit of the plane is separated from the main cabin by a bathroom shower curtain and there is a wall clock plugged into a circuit on the cockpit wall.  I've never seen a plane with electrical wall outlets before.
fudge@cafes.net
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 1999, 12:10:11 PM »

The first time I watched this movie i was three....... AND I LAUGHED AT IT!!!! And im still laughing at it! I watch it frequently and always find more things wrong with it. My favorite part is when Eros calls everyone of earth idiots. After all, we will destroy the universe with a bomb that destroys sunlight!!!
theobtuse_christ@hotmail.com
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 1999, 04:35:14 PM »

It's especially good to dovetail this movie with "Ed Wood",because with this movie you don't miss the wobbly gravestone in the cemetary. Priceless nugget of joy right there. And this movie makes you proud to be an American. I bet if Plan 9 from Outer Space took place elsewhere,the actors would be rallying to the cause of the aliens to stop the solenoid bomb. Not in the good old US of A. Some extra-terrestrial freak starts animating your dead and telling you that your race is violent,why then there is when you give them a good ol kick in the buttski. That'll teach Eros to call us dumb violent thugs.
paul westbrook
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 1999, 10:45:09 AM »

In my opinion, as with other people. the Citizen Kane of horrible horror films. What person in their right mind, would not enjoy a movie with flying saucers made from car hubcaps, cardboard cemeteries, and dialogue as bad as the acting.A fun way to enjoy a Saturday late nite movie time.
jbarb@amigo.net
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2000, 09:48:22 PM »

We are so spoiled. So PLAN 9 uses shower curtains in plane cockpits. I think it is amazing that no controls are visible! What are they holding on to?
Tor Johnson's acting is right up there with any good sit com. This guy could have been a governor if he was born a little later. The special effects came from Industrial Strength Schmuck, Inc. where no expense is spared. Jerry Lewis is very popular in France but did you know PLAN 9 is popular in the Azores, Armenia, Spitzbergen, and Arkansas? I love to try to keep count on how many times that cop car comes up that same road. And Eros! What an actor. The way he says the word STEWWPID. I love it, I tell ya, I love it!
Sam
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Thank you! I have loved awful films for EVER; this is the worst in the world and it's WONDERFUL. I am very glad others appreciate its awfulness too. Each time I see it I ask "What? How? What?!" then stop looking for a plot and laugh myself stupid.  Truly even worse than The Amazing Colossal Man.  In fact, if you give a group of twelve year olds a video camera they would come up with something VERY similar (sadly, I know this from experience). Ed Wood should be Canonised!
Tyler
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2000, 03:15:42 PM »

It's very  unsettling when you see bela lugosi's wife's chiropractor running towards the camera in the night, then seeing a car drive by in the day, then seeing Bela Lugosi standing in the middle of a field... And that Clip of him standing in the middle of the field was used over ten times.. at least...  This is a funny movie.  It's insane.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2000, 02:40:11 PM »

Delightfully bad!  I love the quote from the
commander about the aliens attacking a town -
"...a town of people.  People who died."  How
about his allegation that the government has
been covering up the existence of aliens?
Just what this movie needs -- a conspiracy
theory!

My other favorite line occurs after the
resurrected Inspector Clay monentarily gets
loose inside the alien ship.  After he is
subdued, one of the aliens declares
"That was too close!"
Julius
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2000, 03:16:46 AM »

I would have not believed my eyes if I haven't previously seen Tim Burton's 'Ed Wood'.

Eddie used to take any person and any device at hand to 'enhance' his movie experience. Unused footage, known people, girlfriends, losers, electronic artifacts, he had no 'lower limits' to quality, alas.

The detail that made me laugh louder was the wooden tables in the inside of the alien spaceship... among all the stupid "special fx" commented in the main review.

Poor Eddie... sometimes I feel some sympathy for him, in fact, I thank him because he warned us, the moviemaking beginners, so we'll try not to commit those unforgivable, unspeakable... 'mistakes'?
Mike
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dont tell me Ed Wood didnt plan this movie (no pun intended) with all its mistakes,bad script, and acting as is. The only thing hot looking about this movie is Vampira and that alien babe Tanna-and thats only after drinking 6 shots of Tiquila. Maybe Ed never thought there was anything wrong in making the movie-he must have had 10 shots of tiquila a day making this! Cardboard tombstones, auto hubcaps for flying saucers,three different police cars in same scene. compared to this movie, all of Ronald Regans movies were oscar winners (and that chimp Bonzo too!). It should have been build as the comedy of the year movie. But anyway, I purchased the movie on video. Who knows maybe it will be a collector's item in 100 years, then my grandchildren can gape at it.  
chad edwards
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2000, 05:31:36 PM »

It's a bad movie. There's no way of disputing that. But very seldom has a bad movie been this much fun. Horror film king Bela Lugosi died twelve minutes into the film, and was replaced by a stand-in who covered most of his face with a cape. Naturally, it's all too-obvious that this isn't Lugosi, but at least they tried. This is probably Ed Wood's best film. That's faint praise, but the movie is a classic in its own right.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Plan 9 from Outer Space « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.