Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:38:47 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Plan 9 from Outer Space « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: Plan 9 from Outer Space  (Read 228853 times)
Kristine
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was taking a film-making class thingy during the summer, and the last day, our teacher showed this to us.  He pointed out all the mistakes, and other things.  It was so funny! And when it first showed the outside of the airplane, it was just a model that was sitting there.. Even the background wasn't moving or anything.. and inside, the 2 pilots aren't controlling the plane!! One is just sitting there, with his hands on his lap, and the other guy is holding something.. And the boss alien dude knew NONE of his lines.  You can see his eyes moving sideways, just like he's reading..!  And he was reading from a supposed document, but it was the actual script.  They found his shirt in that building where they filmed it.  It has an axe on it and it's shiny..
Swamprat
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of the few movies ever made that actually lives up to its legend. Absolutely AWFUL! It should never be compared to A-list movies, or even studio made Bs...this baby was an independent, shot on the fringe, "I know a guy who's got a car...", chasing the Hollywood Dream movie. A lot of "fringe" movies are famous for the envelopes they push, the chances they take, the barriers they breech, the taboos they break...this thing just plain sits in the dark and sucks. Knowing the history behind this film and the story of Ed Wood himself just adds to the fun. If you've never seen this movie, do yourself a favor and do some research on Ed and Company first...you'll be glad you did. Only in America can something like this happen and everyone envolved gets away with it, and even becomes famous for it. It's a shame Ed never made any money from it. If he were alive today and still had the rights he'd be a multi-millionare several times over. I can see theme parks sprouting up with Tor Johnson lookalikes wandering around grabbing little kids by the throat. Wanna be actor-college students running around spouting lines like..."They look like...like...like...why, they're flying saucers up there in the graveyard...would you like a gin on the rocks?"  Bela Lugosi would be spinning in his grave, if he's still in there. The chiropractor's spinning in his too, at least he can untie his own spine afterwards. This is a must see to believe movie experiance. It reaffirms everyones belief that if they could do it that bad, I know I could do it better...somebody get a camera...the American-Hollywood Dream still lives!
Ryan
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I recently bought this on DVD since I have heard so much about it and it being called the worst film ever. It is funny and does not deserve the title Worst film ever. If I could show you  a movie called "FABULOUS" made by a local college kid that plays on cable access all the time. You'd think plan 9 was a masterpeice. It's good cheesy fun and I love that quote "I have go get flashlight from patrol car"
Adam
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This horrible movie kept me rolling on the floor it was just so pathetic. Whether it's the cop tripping when him and his posse go to see whats up or the highway poorly concealed behind the cemetary, this B-Movie is a must see for everyone!
The LBB
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2002, 09:13:53 AM »

I saw Plan 9 last night (Halloween) at The Grand Warner Theater in San Pedro.  It was a laugh riot.  And the best part of all was that Gregory Walcot, who played Trent, spoke to the audience before they ran the movie.  It was so fun to hear him talk about his astonishment at the script and rediculous bad EVERYTHING that movie had.  What a great treat.  Everyone should be so lucky to see Plan 9 and hear one of the stars discuss it before hand.
Danny F. Criminal
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2003, 05:56:54 PM »

I saw this movie last night on German TV. It was the first time  (2003) on German TV. This piece is awesome. I love the special effects!!
Ellen
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think that Ed Wood's personality and outlook on life was probably demonstrated accurately in the scene in the movie "Ed Wood" when he wanted to drive his convertible with the top down to Las Vegas with his girlfriend to get married...and it was raining.  The girlfiend said something like "Don't you think we should put the top up?" and Ed replied "No, it could stop raining by the time we get to the corner."  He would have loved the fact that we are still talking about his movies....no matter what our opinions of them might be.
Asdf
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw the movie a few months ago and I must say - it's really the worst movie I have ever seen.
I don't know wheather someopne already mentioned it (i didn't read all the comments) but if you look carefully at the flying saucers, you an see the ropes, whith which they're fixed at the ceiling... it's really funny.
Anne
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've loved this film for years! I always crack up at the geeky looking guy who looks out of the car and points at the flying saucers! Why didn't Criswell or one of the aliens say (imagine this in Criswell's or Dudley Manlove's most pompous tones) "Sometimes, the old man seems to be strangely rejuvenated!" Ooops, but that might have made the film seem more coherent! Just bought a DVD of "Plan Nine" from PIP (can't remember the company's full name. It looks and sounds great, interesting interviews, too.)
 BTW, Tor Johnson gets a few minutes of uncredited screen time in "The Redhead and the Reformer", a Dick Powell & June Allyson film.
Thrill Spectator
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2003, 01:44:52 PM »

I just bought the movie yesterday on DVD. I saw it a few years back. it may be one of the worst movies ever made, but it is so hilarious, i like it. one of the best scenes is where you see people coming out of that refridgerator box mausoleum. If you like either 50s B-Movies, or a good laugh, I would recomend this movie.
Dev
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Plan 9 has been my favorite bad movie for years. I think it's a testament to Ed Wood and his friends, that they didn't let the lack of money, artistic coherency or a real plot stand in their way. They made what they believed in.

Unlike "Gigli," which has no excuse for its existence, Plan 9 and the other Ed Woods gems will always be a monument to following your dreams.
Ironbear
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2004, 07:26:09 PM »

The more I see Ed Wood movies, the more they seem like brilliant parody.  More than may be apparent on the surface, I  believe he knew what he was doing.
Tony C
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One thing that I find truly amazing is that Ed Wood made such an enjoyable movie for so little money.  If given the budget of, say, "Brotherhood of the Wolf" (my nominee as the all time worst,) just think what Ed might have done.  I believe that the ultimate sin of a movie is for it to be boring.  Plan 9 is anything but.
chip
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A video rental store (a major chain) finally got the movie on stock, after I repeatedly requested it.  This weekend was the first I've seen it since 1973 when in Orlando, FL a TV stationed advertised a month in advance it was to show the worst movie ever made.  The kids at my junior high (middle school to people today) were estatic!  I laughed my head off.  The viewers response was so popular, the TV station felt obligated to show it again.  Truly the worst movie I've ever seen.  As I told "the guys" at my unit (1-7 CAV)  "Hey, ya gotta see this one.  It truly is worth your waste of time." Thanks for the sight!
firebird
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2004, 09:06:05 PM »

It is said to be the worse movie ever made and sometimes you got to agree a shower curtain in a airliner a car hubcar with a very visible wire holding it up a zombie that walks around with its cape pulled up over its eyes tor johnson and the lady who walks around with her hands held out front and the use of the word THERE  used four times in one scene and the sassy alien calling earth people stupid he did deserve a punch in the kisser
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Plan 9 from Outer Space « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.