Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:38:29 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Plan 9 from Outer Space « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Plan 9 from Outer Space  (Read 228858 times)
Duston
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've had some fun times in my life, but very few compare to the night when I went to see this stinkbomb at the $.50 movies at the Univ of Michigan.  In the same way that "Rocky Horror Picture Show" isn't quite the same without audience participation, watching "Plan 9" with that group that evening was one of the funniest couple hours I've ever spent.  Get your film club together and have a showing...and don't forget the popcorn.
bert the mighty
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Some of the funniest bits are when:
1. They need a translater to unscramble the alien's messages but they speak perfect English inside the spaceship.
2. The paper UFO on a bit of wire. You can actually see the wire if you look very closely.
3. The herrondous (I can't spell) fight scenes where they punch someone and it doesn't come within an inch of connecting.
4. Inside the cockpits of the airplane and the UFO it looks like something a five-year old glued together.

Such a classic film with really horrible acting. Love it and have it on DVD
Uncle Jed
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Paula-"Saucers? You mean the kind form up there?"
Me, while watching the movie-"Ya, the ones in the attic."

Plan 9 truly is so bad its good. An unconvincing double for the great Bela Lugosi sets the scene for the entire movie. To clear up a minor point: the flying saucers were NOT hubcaps and pie-pans, they were actually children's plastic models bought from the local discount store.

Also, this is not the worst movie ever made. That title is exclusive to "Manos" the Hands of Fate. It is fair to say, however, that this is the worst movie to come out of Hollywood.

Plan 9 From Outer Space-It's Craptastic!
stevie boy
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2005, 10:34:47 AM »

Without question the greatest movie of all time!! Anyone who disagrees deserves to be zapped with the solanite, I mean, the solarbanite, er, solarnite....you know what I mean!!!!
Dinosaur George
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Dear God!!!!!!!!!!
I am STILL laughing and I first saw it 15 years ago.
Frank
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I have watched this great work many times, and I never tire of the scene where the group is blown to the ground and the two guys holding the stretcher throw the casualty away before diving in the other direction. You will also notice that a mark on the door in the sherrifs office is also on the door in the house. Truly the greatest movie of all time !!!!
Anon
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Quite a funny movie.  One of the funniest parts is when the flaming spaceship takes off.  You can see the wires, and the coloumn of flame has the proportions of that that would come from a match.  And, also, don't you think they would have figured out how to fireproof a ship? Honestly...
Timte01
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is an example of how misunderstood Edward D. Wood Jr. was.  I'm not saying he was great.  Nor was he good.  But he wasn't consistently awful.  Hear me out.

If you watch "Bride of the Monster," you can see that he was closer to making a good film there than he was with Plan 9.  If you ignore the stunt double doing the entire ending sequence, the tacked on ending- a la The Jungle- and the randomly pointless things- like the policeman having a tiny bird- it's only a ways off from being passable science fiction for it's day.

Then you match it up to "Plan 9."  Bela's stunt double is less of a stupid thing than the guy pretending to be him as Dracula...I mean, the old man...whatever.  But the biggest thing to note is the amount of dialogue given to Tor Johnson...

Bride of the Monster- grunting
Plan 9- Lots of talking in one scene and THEN only grunting.

Unless that whole part in "Ed Wood" where Tor's wife complains to Ed about using him is true, this act is inexcusably terrible.

Ed Wood wasn't the worst filmmaker ever.  He had moments of nearly being passable.

Besides, no matter you can say, this movie is freaking hilarious.  Props to you.

erica
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Plan 9 from Outer Space is actually one of the funniest movies ever.  Only because of the countless errors: wobbly UFOs, tombstones that move whenever someone brushes their foot against them, etc.  The cheesy special effects:  it's all priceless!  I bought the Ed Wood box set so I can watch the "worst film ever" over and over again.  Love it!
Capt*in Chu
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, it's so bad, I copied it to my hard drive. If it's genre were changed from "Horror" to "Comedy," I think that it would gross a bit more.
Joe Lewis
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Plan 9 from outer space is my favourite of all time... no jokes...

This movie is better than any top budget film and it didn't cost him hardly anything.

I have seen this movie at least 45 times and if that makes me sad... i don't care!
Joe Lewis
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Continued...

I was cut a little short earlier!  

This film is so childlike, that it relaxes me, and helps me fall asleep... it frees up my thought process and allows me to fall subconcious, therefore falling fast asleep! (after the film has finished of course!)

I have shown this film to so many of my friends, but they can't see the appeal!  Little bit put however when I realised that Ed Wood was a transvestite peaodophile, but the film is still good all the same!

I am standing here at work, with my colleague, who has seen it, and quite likes it... Sharday Langdon if anyone is reading this... she is quite the fanatic!

I can't wait to go home and watch it for the 46th time.

This may sound like a joke, this whole post... but I am serious, I do like this film!

Thanks for reading.

Joe Lewis.

P.S Have you ever been to Hollywood?
Max Alan Zoller
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I downloaded this. No it's NOT illegal, the copyright has expired (copyrights last 50 years) and you can find this, and other 50s greats on a site called public domain. I saw this the first time when I was little, but didn't manage to follow it very well. I've had the chance to see this again and...a classic! The pilot that over-acts the loss of control on the plane, the silly ufos, the narrator at the start\\end (aaarh!), the bad acting and the laughable sets make this film a must. The funniest thing is that not only the aliens CAN speack english...the can do so with an appalling american accent! Ha!
Noel Farmer
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Greg Walcott is my second cousin. His mother and my grandmother were first cousins. His real name is Bernerd Mattox. My father used to call him Barnyard Mattox. He is a great guy who has been in over 100 films and 300 tv shows.

As a character actor he was usually cast as a Drill Instructor (Battle Cry, The Outsider) Police Officer (Sugerland Express, Norma Rae, Any which way but loose) Homicidal Maniac, (Prime Cut).

He is probably best known for his work in Clint Eastwoods troop in the 70's.

Little know fact, he had a bit part in Ed Wood with Johnny Depp and Martin Laudau. I will be seeing him next month so if you have any questions you would like answered let me know.
DavidG
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The best "worse" film ever made should be a part of every movie lovers collection. The Collector's Edition of this timeless film with it's Special Features is worth having.

What makes this film great is not just the fact it is so bad, although this would be enough.
The real reason is that it was intended to be a very serious film.

Each time I see this I just love it more.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Plan 9 from Outer Space « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.