Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:01:23 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Plan 9 from Outer Space « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Plan 9 from Outer Space  (Read 228840 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »

And yet...they want to re-make this classic...
Doing that is like giving King Kong the keys to the banana plantation. Not a good idea.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Kyle Brinkmann
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2010, 10:24:53 AM »

Plan 9 is so bad it is good!

Tor Johnson was great playing the role he always plays; the lumbering monster!
trekadam30
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »

They're saying Solanite, not Solaramite. I love this movie! It's a B-movie classic. I think The Creeping Terror comes as a close second for worse movie of all time. TeddyR
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »

One of the funniest things about this movie is that the alien eros is played by "Dudley Manlove."

YES, dammit, that's his name and I'm not making it up! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudley_Manlove

The thing is that when you combine the name "Dudley manlove" with the character name "Eros" you...

Never mind.
anthony
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2010, 09:15:34 AM »

this movie is great, and in my opinion definantly not the worst movie ever mad, the forbidden zone was way worse then this, because atleast this movie is so cheesy and stupid its funny and entertaining, the forbidden zone however made no sence and because of this it was a pain to whatch.
SwimTiger
New Visitor

« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2011, 11:39:42 PM »

It was once considered the worst movie of all time...but now it's a cult classic. There so much funny things about this movie to list. Put this movie in your collection.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2011, 12:20:57 AM »

I honestly believe that I'll enjoy Ed Wood's version of this more then the remake

hell, the remake won't have tombstones falling randomly in a graveyard  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2011, 12:48:19 PM »

Plan 9 is really not the worst movie of all time, because it is so unintentionally hilarious. The cheesy special effects, inappropriate use of stock film footage, obvious breaks in continuity and outrageously bad dialogue combine to make this movie a lot of fun if viewed with the right people.  As far as Ed Wood movies go, this one is actually quite watchable, without the torturous inane monologes a la Glen or Glenda.  I highly recommend watching this movie for a good laugh.
My thoughts exactly. This is a classic slice of American cheese,served to perfection. Thumbup

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
AlienatorDonut
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »

I just couldn't believe that Plan 9 From Outer Space was Ed Wood's most critically acclaimed worst movie.

However; Glen Or Glenda?, and Plan 9 didn't get a MST3K episode, but strangely enough; Bride Of The Monster did. /:-|

PS: I was born in 1996, so I was almost three years old when this review was first released. I can't believe the website has been going strongly for all of these years! :)
iswitchblade
New Visitor

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2014, 01:34:38 AM »

I particularly enjoyed this film. Altho, any gem with Tor Johnson in it is bound to be someone hilarious. Plan 9 is up there in regards to "Worst film ever" but I am pretty sure there are worse out there, a la "Manos, Hands of Fate."
Bradski
New Visitor

« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2015, 09:38:51 AM »

A classic movie that I view at least once a year. This is movie is a testament to the fact that a film is made to be enjoyed, and boy do I enjoy this one. My wife, not so much. My kids? We're getting there. There's the small things in this disaster that must be enjoyed. To sit and watch it as if you are expecting to see something good is just going to deliver disappointment. It's seemingly impossible foolishness is what makes it work so well for me.

Two moments that don't get mentioned too often that always make me laugh:
1. When the saucer flies over the graveyard during the police investigation; the two guys from the coroner's office literally heave the corpse off the stretcher as if they are trying to see how far a gravediggers carcass can fly. Such dramatic flare from these unknown extras!

2. When the rather hefty gentleman picks up Mrs. Trent in the field and puts her in his unreliable car. I mean, was there not a better angle to film this at? Every time I watch this part I keep expecting his pants to split. I mean seriously, that is one massive arse. Talk about having your 'tight pants on'.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2015, 08:24:08 AM »

2. When the rather hefty gentleman picks up Mrs. Trent in the field and puts her in his unreliable car. I mean, was there not a better angle to film this at? Every time I watch this part I keep expecting his pants to split. I mean seriously, that is one massive arse. Talk about having your 'tight pants on'.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
voltron

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2015, 09:18:30 PM »

I like the part where the ufo's are described as "cigar shaped". Another WTF moment from a total WTF movie.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Parralax view
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2016, 08:29:48 PM »

Ya have to give Ed Wood credit, he made the most of no talent, no backing, no studio, no union, no money, no nothing.  That he could even get a full length feature made, no matter how bad, was pretty impressive. 
athena411
New Visitor

« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2016, 02:26:58 PM »

I love this movie. I am a Vampria fan. Thanx for posting. Did you know that there is a book out there? Plan 9: Grave Robbers from Outer Space....Its like a book and script combined. The beginning is a little different, but it reads exactly as the movie.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Plan 9 from Outer Space « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.