Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:09:43 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Giant Claw « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: The Giant Claw  (Read 186121 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2007, 11:17:32 AM »

Thumbup WinkI LOVE this bird!
I had a ball with my 'roll yer own MST3K". Sooo many stratelines...

Remember, the 'Big as a battleship' drinking game  can cause serious inebreation, so please, watch responsable.

BTW, anyone lese catch Mitch's line to the pilot before they crash?
"Well whats the poop on the weather?, I hear it's gonna be soft all the way to New York."
Eeeeewwwww...

I want it on DVD and I want it NOW!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2007, 05:13:47 PM »

Ah, the first film I ever reviewed at KWAM, for what would become Jabootu.

The older scientist character later (only played this time by John Carradine) also appeared in Katzman's Invisible Invaders, where he was killed and had his corpse possessed by evil aliens.  That's show biz for you.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 05:15:42 PM by Ken Begg » Logged
Inferno
Bad Movie Lover

Resident Jenova's Witness

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »

This just in! The Giant Claw beats out Godzilla and King Kong for rank of best giant movie monster!
Small | Large
Pumaman1138
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2008, 12:04:05 AM »

The Giant Claw was done up as a fan made MST3K - style thing in 12 parts on

youtube.com

It begins with part 1 at
Small | Large

Just thought I'd share

You don't have to be mad to work here, in fact we ask you to complete a medical questionnaire to ensure that you are not.  ---- David Brent (Ricky Gervais), The Office
Flangepart

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »

The Giant Claw was done up as a fan made MST3K - style thing in 12 parts on

youtube.com

It begins with part 1 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LjjPO0OYCo

Just thought I'd share

Hey...promising! They caught the 'poop on the weather' riff. Cool.

Zombo Horselips
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »

BounceGiggle The Giant Claw has got to be the most ridiculous monster of an absurd age of sci-fi movies. God, the shadow-lobsters of TEENAGERS FR0M OUTER SPACE make this bug-eyed big-bird look all the more absurd--yet you must give the producers credit for just going balls-out and showing this insane looking colassal bird in full light in all of it's Muppetish glory. That tuft of hair on its head is a real touch of genius. Does anyone know who built that c-s prop? Paul Blaisdell did wonders on a low budget--bad movies with interesting, unique creatures. Well, THE GIANT CLAW is certainly unique. I think most people would start laughing, seeing that in the sky. But the "crunch-n'-munch" paratroopers gives the movie a memorable hook. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when that bird was designed, and then brought to all its pupett-ish reality. Drunk? 50's equivalent of LSD?? God only knows. But there are a lot worse, like when they never show even  a single process or even a minature perspective shot, like GIANT GILA MONSTER, a movie I'd say rates a lot lower on the entertainment scale. And Jeff Morrow is not really a bad actor, and had somewhat of a career in film and TV. Poor guy, trapped in this "turkey". Wonder what the budget on the efects was? the story is typical 50's dreck nonsense, explaining away the most bizarre mutations possible with a simple throwaway sentence. I grew up in the late 50's, and people actually thought about things. A simpler time, but REALLY... well, movies were shorter, they had to hurry the plot along. GIANT CLAW was made in a bizarro, kooky way but really insults the intelligence of the viewer with its laughable monster. If only someone had the kahoones to try that today... Maybe a CGI version of the same feathered fiend? GIANT CLAW,alternatley fun and just stupid. :lookin :lookingup:gup:
Pumaman1138
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2008, 09:03:34 PM »

I'm glad someone liked the  fan msting of the movie

BTW the same crew took on the movie Starcrash

You don't have to be mad to work here, in fact we ask you to complete a medical questionnaire to ensure that you are not.  ---- David Brent (Ricky Gervais), The Office
Flangepart

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2008, 10:05:32 AM »

I'm glad someone liked the  fan msting of the movie

BTW the same crew took on the movie Starcrash
A good percentage of gags work. I LIKE it!
Must have taken time to scrip it out.

Pumaman1138
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »

the pain of the Starcrash riffing starts at ...

Small | Large

BTW in the The Giant Claw there is riff that starts when a character in the film says "Roger" and one of the Media Theatre crew sings the first stanza of the Roger Ramjet  TV theme

The complete lyrics are

Roger Ramjet and his Eagles
Fighting for our freedom
Fly through and in outer space
Not to join him but to beat him.

Roger Ramjet he's our man
Hero of our nation
For his adventure just be sure
And stay tuned to this station.

Come and join us all you kids
For lots of fun and laughter
As Roger Ramjet and his men
Get all the crooks they're after.

Roger Ramjet he's our man
Hero of our nation
For his adventure just be sure
And stay tuned to this station.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 08:40:31 AM by Pumaman1138 » Logged

Lyra Garnier
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2008, 11:44:55 PM »

I agree, the movie is just wonderful. I have to watch it at least once per year. Steven Spielberg probably owns it on DVD. Why not? I do. Try to watch it after midnight when it gets even better. So, kick back, don't think about it and enjoy.
Racist Melon Farmer
Dedicated Viewer

Got Sodium?

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 04:13:39 PM »

What I learned from this movie:
1. the Civil Aeronautics Board must be hiding something from us, because their members wear parachutes while they fly. Not that it does them any good... [crunch] BounceGiggle
2. Trains (toy & otherwise) had real strong couplers back in the day.
3. Some of Dolittle's Raiders were diverted to protect New York. (It's either that or the movie stole footage from "30 Seconds Over Tokyo"... naaaaah! Wink)

Classic!

Foolish Earthlings! Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
HAL
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 04:57:42 AM »

YOU REALLY MEAN THIS MOVIE DOES EXIST???? HAHAHAHAHAHA, I am such an ignorant. I gotta see it!  hot
George
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2009, 03:06:23 PM »

I'll never understand as to why our KMR reviewer gave a great movie like Return of the Giant Monsters a reluctant 2 out of 5 and this turkey Buzzard beast a 5 out of 5!.

Thanks to You Tube,I've seen both the MST3K parody (which brings the question,why was it never shown on the real MST3K,by either Bots Master Joel or Mr.Mike?) and the complete movie all the way through.

I might add this movie to my collection sometime,provided it doesn't cost over $5.00s,or even lower,I got the double feature Voyage to a Prehistoric Planet & Warning From Space for one thin dime,a real bargin,if The Giant Claw's on sale for one thin dime and I happen to be there.
George
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »

Pardon my mistake,the KMR reviewer gave this turkey Buzzard a 4 out of 5,still,giving Return of the Giant Monsters a 2 out of 5!,just another one of those head scratchers.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2009, 08:37:34 PM »

I might add this movie to my collection sometime,provided it doesn't cost over $5.00s,or even lower,I got the double feature Voyage to a Prehistoric Planet & Warning From Space for one thin dime,a real bargin,if The Giant Claw's on sale for one thin dime and I happen to be there.

Right now it's available on DVD as part of the "Icons of Horror Collection - Sam Katzman" set that I link to in the review.  "Creature With the Atom Brain" is also in the set, and that's one that I think is a fun b-movie.  "The Werewolf" is OK - it's more like MST3K material and can be boring on its own.  The last movie in the set, "Zombies of Mora Tau" is fairly patience-taxing.

For me, the set was a must have.  I just love "The Giant Claw," and would have bought the set for it alone.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Giant Claw « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.