Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:58:05 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Teenage Catgirls in Heat « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Teenage Catgirls in Heat  (Read 16708 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: April 26, 2010, 09:43:55 PM »

The title is inspired, but the film is an awful conglomeration of events that, though they are meant to produce a coherent plot, ultimately result in an incomprehensible mess.  I did laugh when it rained cats on the tin-roofed farmhouse.  "Meow!" **BANG**

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:34:54 AM »

I bought a DVD on Ebay and the seller threw in Catgirls for free.  It was a pretty fair price I'd say.  It's your typical Troma movie - if I started drinking whiskey at 8:00 PM and watched this at 4:00 AM, its attempts at "humor" would still make me groan.  I can't remember the scene with the cats raining on the roof though, just the one with stuffed animals being tossed over a roof.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »

I can't remember the scene with the cats raining on the roof though, just the one with stuffed animals being tossed over a roof.

That's the same scene.  The visual aspect is lacking, but the sound effects are awesomely funny to me.  The people who are in the car, screaming at the cats that are hitting the windshield is also amusing.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 02:03:46 PM »

A banana peel? Really?

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 07:41:40 PM »

A banana peel? Really?

Yes, really.

And Andrew takes another one for the good of the group. Thank-you, Andrew.

As bad as the film is, and it looks really, really bad, I did find several things interesting about the film.

For example, in this type of film, why does the title always seem to be the best part of the film? With everything seeminly going downhill after that.

You'll notice in the video that Ralph is seemingly naked, but the way the cameras and the actors are placed in that scene, we never really see him naked. Which I think says more about American attitudes to male and female nudity, then I ever wanted to know.

And Ralph is not the first hitchhiker to run afoul of women with animal like characteristics. Nine years previous to this, a boy scout looking for a lift to the nearest youth hostel, ran afoul of another woman with animal like characteristics in "Lair of the White Worm." But unlike the women in this film, that woman had snakelike characteristics. I think I prefer her to the women in this film.

Thank-you again, Andrew. I always enjoy reading your reviews.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »

I'll be honest here.  When I first saw the title, I had the strange thought that you were going to review a weird anime hentai title or something.  It sounds just like one!  Well I'm really not that far off when I found out the truth...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 09:31:47 AM »

Reading this review was a great way to start my Sunday morning, I found it to be funny and very entertaining. I do have one question, has anyone called the 1-800-BAD MEOW number ? I have about 45 minutes or so before I must leave and the temptation to call is overwhelming.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 02:03:54 PM »

For example, in this type of film, why does the title always seem to be the best part of the film? With everything seeminly going downhill after that.

You'll notice in the video that Ralph is seemingly naked, but the way the cameras and the actors are placed in that scene, we never really see him naked. Which I think says more about American attitudes to male and female nudity, then I ever wanted to know.

Thank-you again, Andrew. I always enjoy reading your reviews.

I believe the original title was just "Catgirls" and Troma changed that to "Teenage Catgirls in Heat."  As marketing goes, that is pure genius.

As for Ralph's nudity, the film must be aimed at the young adult male market.  We like the nekkid women, not so much the naked man a** (my personal bane), hence the reason for Cleo's nudity and Ralph keeping his buttocks off the screen.

Reading this review was a great way to start my Sunday morning, I found it to be funny and very entertaining. I do have one question, has anyone called the 1-800-BAD MEOW number ? I have about 45 minutes or so before I must leave and the temptation to call is overwhelming.

Ha!   It appears that 1-800-223-6369 belongs to this company:  http://www.kccreationsinc.com/

They sell ornamental cat and dog door toppers, and crossing signs.  The first thing I saw when I opened the site was a banner with a cat saying "Meow" and a dog saying "Woof."  So, maybe I was not too far off.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Keith
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 07:38:42 PM »

Did you see this movie late at night on Cinemax?  It sure sounds like one of their flicks.  BounceGiggle
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Teenage Catgirls in Heat « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.