Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:58:35 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Delicatessen « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Delicatessen  (Read 62564 times)
cj
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I first saw this movie when it came out and I was in high school.  I lved it then and I love it now. After reading through these comments, some of you need to lighten up.  Yes this is a GREAT movie, but also YES it has the horrible special effects and strange plot that can give a movie a 'b' rating.  Remember we log onto this site because we love 'b' movies.

CJ
Buckle Bailey
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2000, 07:06:46 PM »

If I here one more person call this film "weird" or "quirky" I am going to regurgitate. This is classic European black humour, demanding such descriptions as "refreshingly different" or "deliciously eccentric".
Thank you, good morning.
Vasquez
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, I'll be damned, I never thought so many people would love Delicatessen outside of France/Belgium (it IS a pretty twisted movie, even by our standarts!). I'm glad it was well accepted by those who saw it, and so vireulently defended...

Personnally, I would have disagreed with the B-movie classification if our host had given it only one or two slimes. As it is, remember that there comes a point when, strangely enough, a film can be so bad as to become absolutely excellent, and that what makes a good movie brillant could, under other circumstances and with only very small differences turn it into an absolute piece of crap.
In other words: the film's great, that's what EVERYONE here has been saying anyway, so tell your friends about it and have a good laugh!

Oh, and "City of Lost Children" is also brillant; whereas "Alien Resurrection" is, unfortunately, evidence of what I was saying earlier: the twisted and weird stuff was insuficiant to make it a good movie, and it's only a Hollywoodian piece of bland crap with one or two good ideas floating on top...

But that's only my opinion, of course... ;)

By the way, Elliott, if you read this: what play on words? Excuse my not being a native speaker...

Finally: thank you and bravo, Andrew, for this site. I have yet to disagree with anything you've written, even in your random musings. Keep up the good work, Marine!

Jerome, from France.

Chris
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is a blinder of a movie. I loved it and have indeed watched it several times.

My only regret is that such a talented director as this eventually ended up "Taking water to her (Sigorni -however the f**k she spells it- Weavers) mill" -As the French say-.

A shame that this director when he seemed to be moving up was in fact in complete juxtaposition.

Chris -England-

NB : Appologise for poor spelling -late,cant be arsed to proof read-
Freakygeek
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I usually find nonsense movies to be stupid. However, movies like this and City of Lost Children appeal to my silly side, and somehow they are just really bad(good). Now when I think of these movies, I just can't help laughing. Especially the "Rythm" scene. Jeunet and Caro ROCK!
El Nicko
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

... and have you checked the opening credits? There is more visual creativity in the credits of this film than in the whole Hollywood production from the last 10 years!

BTW, after "Alien XXXVII", Jeunet also did "Amelie from Montmartre" - which is ALSO a helluva good movie! (too sweet to be called "bad" but in the same weird spirit as "Delicatessen", though).
Donjohn
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Put this movie out of the classification !! It's one of the best movie ever made !!!
Of course, there is not a superheros saving the world, of course there is not a very bad guy very ugly, of course there is not a beautiful women and of course there is no moral ! it's a poethic movie !

There is a lot of french life reference in this movie, so maybe you didn't understand some parts.

This director made the most beautiful movie last Year : "Le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain" (i don't know the name in english), saw by millions of frenchies, more than Titanic (which must be in this classification...)
mamasou
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2002, 02:18:07 PM »

Great, funny, strange, genious cinema. A true cerebral xperience. Unmatched...!
tessai
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ok just for starters THIS IS NOT A BAD MOVIE .By bad i mean sth. like lets say "Creatures from the abyss".
This is a wonderfull black comedy and it's funny on purpouse (not like other films reviewed here).IT should not be on this website just like "The mummy" .Plus in your synopsis you have forgotten to write that the film takes place after some sort of nuclear war or something like that, therfore the severe meat shortage. It's actualy a satirical vision of members of the modern society who would rather have their grandmother (or some innocent guy) chopped up and eaten then gave up their fillet mignons and chops.

By the way I love youre website and the rythm scene rocks
Mindflash
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

*reads the post by the idiot named Elliot*

I love this movie, and no, Andrew, I do not think you are calling it "bad".  Remember that this site also reviews CULT movies (including the wonderful Rocky Horror Picture Show) as well as movies that are just painful to watch.
No Nukes
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I liked the mole people whose code names were food dishes. The scene with the weirdo who keeps snails in his room is funny. Don't forget to check out "The City Of Lost Children", by the same director.
James Perry
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I think I can understand what this web site is all about.  These films have a select audience.  Just try showing Deli to your grandma or your little sister...they'll call it BAD.  For we who understand it can call this one of our favorite films of all time.  In fact, I'll go on to say that perhaps Deli is my personal favorite LOVE STORY of all time along with Brazil.  

I discovered this film thanks to film critic Roger Ebert (who also got me interested in Anime with My Neighbor Totoro).  I have this filmmakers other works-City of Lost Children, Fifth Element, Alien Resurrection and The Messenger-on DVD (soon Ameile).  This deserves a DVD treament (US and worldwide) more than most of the crap coming out!  All the best scenes have already been mentioned here...but my personal favorite bit is the whole love affair thing.  Shows there is someone for everyone even in a weird futuristic appocalyptic time as this film is set in.  I seriously thought one of those two would be eaten by the time the credits rolled.  The whole bit about grandma was crazy hilarious!  To think these people needed meat so bad they're weeding out the herds like tigers do in the wild.  God!  Let's have a DVD with a bunch of extras!!  Please!
Paco
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Delicatessen a “B” movie? If this is true, then “B” stands for BIG. Just the opening credits combining names with broken objects is a masterpiece on its own.

And what on Earth is that guy, Mr. Tapioca (played by Ticky Holgado) doing with his condoms anyway? And why do these have spots?? They don’t, pal. In facts, the guy is repairing them! Yes! Using patches for bicycles inner tubes! Maybe he can’t afford buying more or maybe… they just all ran out of stores in these hard times.

So, my point is to make these few corrections of misunderstanding upon a VERY GOOD movie and not criticizing the web site. If I didn’t enjoy “B” movies, I wouldn’t have visited it.
The stupid french girl
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ok ok this movie is really special but he has, as we call in french, a "second degré" You can't take this film just like that There is a real atmospere, it's an all envoronment
I'm probably not clear but this movie is deeper than the it seems to be!
Ps "la cité des enfants perdus" is just so great!
Jenny
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

As a confirmed francophile, I was always going to love this movie, but I've gotta say, it really just is SOOO FUNNY!! I watched it with my cousin and even she loved it.  It is one of my favourite movies ever and I especially love everybody's favourite sewer-dwelling militant vegetarians, hte troglos.  I also had no idea that cello and musical saw went so well together...  

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Delicatessen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.