Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:38:06 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Neon Maniacs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Neon Maniacs  (Read 20983 times)
colonel silver
« on: June 11, 2006, 04:56:05 PM »

Great movie! This needed at LEAST 3 stars. I saw this back in 2002 at one in the morning and spent at least a year looking for it. Okay acting and alot of gore! Too many people complain about where the maniacs came from. The whole point of the movie I think is for you to use your imagination and figure out where their from. I think they came from a timewarp. Samarai,Soldier,Axe,Slash,Biker,Mohawk,Thing,Doc,Decapitator,Juice,Hangman,Ape, their the Neon Maniacs.
Zack
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this movie a few years back on some kooky afternoon "we got nothin else" showing s on sci fi channel.

I am still wondering if they ever thought about mentioning where the manics came from?  I mean, are they deranged hobos in costumes?  are they created by nuclear waste or some other nasty corrosive in the Hudson?  Is this actually gothma city where we aren't usually to question thugs in brightly colored fright masks wreaking havoc for no apparent reason?  My god, why'd that clown kill that woman?  Because he works for the joker honey...him and that Mr. freeze's deadly hockey players are havin' a fued, best get in doors...

christ I bet i just put more thought into this scenerio than anyone involved in the production.
Crazed Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

My friend saw this awhile back and has been looking for it for sometime. He found it recently and we watched it. I liked the movie but during the battle of the bands, the song "We've Had Enough" just flat out sucked. Otherwise the movie was great.
David Fullam
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 04:44:36 PM »

One thing I liked about this strange movie was the total lack of explanation as to where the Maniacs came from. Certainly good for a rental and a laugh.
weasel666
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

excellent movie if you like 80's trash movies. much better then C.H.U.D.
Mike
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 06:58:28 AM »

I love that other people have even heard of this film.  My uncle is the cop that stands around looking at the door for like, well, hours.  I still joke with him about it.  And my absolute favorite thing in it is that the female lead doesn't know where Rome is.  That cracks me up every time.

I wrote a review of this, if anyone wants to read even more about this silly movie.  (Hmm, I tried to post a link, but it wouldn't let me.  So if you want to read it, go to Suite101.com and search for Neon Maniacs, or for my name: Michael Doherty.)
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 12:21:48 AM »

Crap as usual but crap with no answers. Never answered on who they were, where they came from, why are they there???

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 05:38:07 PM »

On a random note, the "surgeon" maniac is a very early role for Andrew Divoff, who many here probably know as the djinn from the first two Wishmaster films, his role as the one-eyed Russian guy on "Lost", the devil in the comic book adaptation Faust, and TONS of other B-movie roles.

Worth a watch for fans 80s schlock, good amount of imagination on display.
claws
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 01:56:59 AM »

Definitely a guilty please though I think Neon Maniacs isn't really that awful. It's imaginative and adorably corny (the battle of the bands segment) with a decent B-cast, hand made practical make up and effects, and quite a few well made kill scenes.
I love the hint in Paula's room, displaying a poster of "Gremlins". They took the premise ("Don't feed after midnight, keep away from water"), twisted it around and used it for their own movie (water kills the Maniacs).
This used to be a rental fave and brings back great memories. I had a dub/copy of Neon Maniacs together with Necropolis (1986) both on a 120 min VHS tape recorded in LP (I rarely used EP, too much loss of quality). Used to watch both back to back quite often. Too bad Necropolis never made it to DVD, but I'm happy that Neon Maniacs did.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »

This used to be a rental fave and brings back great memories. I had a dub/copy of Neon Maniacs together with Necropolis (1986) both on a 120 min VHS tape recorded in LP (I rarely used EP, too much loss of quality). Used to watch both back to back quite often. Too bad Necropolis never made it to DVD, but I'm happy that Neon Maniacs did.

"Necropolis" (1987) is out on DVD!  I have the disc, released as a part of Full Moon's Grindhouse collection. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
claws
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 06:28:20 AM »

Thanks for the heads up. How I missed that release I do not know.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Neon Maniacs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.