Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:54:48 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn  (Read 89327 times)
Adam Marler
« on: December 27, 1998, 09:24:41 PM »

Fragging great movie!  Although it was billed as a sequel to the first movie, it is more of a remake.  As I understand it, the first 20 mins of Evil Dead 2 recaps what happened in the first one.  Then the sequel begins.  I love the scene in the tool shed!  
MermaidAmI@aol.com
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 1999, 07:56:07 PM »

This is a great KICK ASS movie!!  Bruce Campbell is the best! And with Sam Raimi who now does Xena (his brother Ted who plays Joxer was the possessed mother), and a lot bigger budget, this movie can't possibly be a bad movie!  Of course Army of Darkness is awesome too!
Warren H.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 1999, 08:56:59 PM »

The scene where "the evil" or whatever it was chased Ash around the house, and he's running backwards and articulating like a street mime, is the funniest thing I've ever seen in any movie!  Classic!
NetFrog Alpha
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 1999, 11:37:12 AM »

And on the eighth day... "Evil Dead 2" was created. And the people did celebrate for thousands of years. This is one of the best. Clearly a remake of the first "Evil Dead," this is probably one of the most hilarious things to ever be put on film. Besides, how can you argue with a movie with a guy who has a chainsaw for a hand? Buy it, caress it, and watch it with someone you love.
not_nolan@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 1999, 02:35:49 AM »

Many people thimk that this movie is a remake of the first,but it isn't. The begining clearly is, but once the motorcycle, I mean Evil runs him down it continues the story. The reasond that they do this is because ED2 was made by a different company than ED and all the actor had moved on to other things, so they didn't have the origianal footage.
Cedb@globetrotter.net
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 1999, 02:53:27 PM »

Evil Dead2 is one of the greatest (if not simply the  best) horror movie I have seen. The plot is thin, but who needs one when it's really entertaining at the point that almost any other gore film can stand the comparison. Most lines are funny and Bruce Campbell is is better than real. Also, I chainsaw(saw, get it?) Army of Darkness, who even if I did not found it as good as the previous(sincerely, I think the whole time travel idea sucked hard) but still it had many awesome moments. Will there be a sequel to Ev.D3?  
Son of Godzilla
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

When I'm old and gray and on my death bed I'm going to gather all my friends around and we'll have a b-movie fest with all my favorites. It will go on for days. Pizza, beer, popcorn, candy. And at the end for the grand finali we'll all lean back and watch the best of the best. Evil Dead 2.  The lights will go down and a hush will go over the crowd.  We'll all sit back with a smile and enjoy the sheer genious and poetry of it all.
Paul H.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2000, 03:26:57 PM »

Yep this is one of the best movies of all time.
So What can I really add.  The problem is,  Now too many people have seen this movie and it pretty much lost it b-movie status.  It's no longer a secret gem.  This film was really cool ten years ago when a first saw it, but now everyone has seen it.  To bad I haven't found anything nearly as cool in the last ten years to wow my friends with.  Well off I go to find more gems.  For other B-moovie experts trying to entertain friends try _Hybrid_ for sci-fi comedy, _Black Mask_ for martial arts, and _Jonny got his gun_ because not many people have seen this almost perfect film.
adam435@webtv.com
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2000, 10:14:12 PM »

I saw this at the local mall during Spring Break 1987 with my 2 brothers and my Mom.I really did not know what to expect.this movie kicked my ass.f**k Phantom Menace.For me Army Of Darkness was the most eagerly awaited sequel(prequel?)of all time.
dave3235@pacbell.net
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2000, 07:47:57 AM »

The Evil Dead Triology was talior made for Bruce
Cambpell. If Iam ever tonted by demons I'll be sure to call Ash (not ghostbusters). I'll never forget the "ace of spades" in the original Evil Dead, the first posession if I recall. Scared the crap outa me. This movie has always been the heart of my collection. Long live Ash and the Evil Dead. Ash is, well, groovy...he's goody little two shoes, goody little two shoes. I know though, "good, bad...I'm the guy with the Gun!!!"
Chris K.
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2000, 11:29:49 AM »

This is really not Sam Rami's best. THE EVIL DEAD (1979) is still the best horror film, but EVIL DEAD 2: DEAD BY DAWN is a silly horror film that only brings hillarity and very little gore (not only that but it was released to theaters with an Unrated, but on video with a pathetic 'R' rating!). Some bad continuity follows too (where the hell are the other three characters that came with Ash in THE EVIL DEAD not in this film since the beginning is rehasing the first film?). Stick to THE EVIL DEAD and ARMY OF DARKNESS, EVIL DEAD 2 is a pass.
Bakchoi
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

GREATEST horror/comedy movie i've ever seen.  How can't you not love Ash.  What more is there to say.  The movie was a true work of art of Sam Raimi.  My friends think im crazy for liking this movie, but I think they are the crazy ones.  And, as a notice to the site, the movie is not rated R, but not rated at all.  This all due to the wonder X rating it originally recieved.  Anyways, if you haven't, get the movie, and you'll be thanking me.
dustin(horror fan,you know who i am by now)
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2000, 06:27:30 PM »

I bought this movie not to long ago and i expected it to be better,i mean 5 slimes?this movie deserves about 2 but dont get me wrong this movie does have its moments and does have a twisted ending just to make you like this film but there is alot of fake effects i mean this movie is 1987 they could of done better,but for classic movie fans you will simply adore this!and damnet!i want to see army of darkness and the 1st evildead film!thats all i have to say about this horror classic.
Rip Vanwinkle
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2000, 05:44:30 AM »

No one has mentioned on this site yet, that in the beginning of the movie Ash and girlfriend are driving the same exact car from the first Evil Dead Movie, and said car shows up later at the Airport where the next victims load it up to head to the cabin..
Also left out is the mention of how thruout the movie its daylight outside, no night, no now day, wait its night again.. okay day again.. etc..
Think my favorite part of the movie tho, is where he looks at the cabin, the skull becomes superimposed over the image and it sez, JOIN US.
As far as horror movies go.. this is how all should be made, campy in the purest sense, yet still spooky and plenty of gore, (which i think the first scream movie was going for) also anyone notice that its the same chain with eyeglass thing from the first movie, and in both movies, when he goes to pick it up near the end(of both), its been put into the shape of a skull.

Ryan
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie kicks total a**. i watched all 3 in the right order in the same night. best way to watch it im getting the game. for all u people it for playstation and its called "evil dead hail to the king" whats great about it is bruce does the voice himself its gonna be great!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.