Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:46:14 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn  (Read 89333 times)
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Gone With The Wind? Feh. Citizen Cane? Whatever. Evil Dead 2 is the greastest movie ever made. I love thgis movie. But what was the deal with that Annie chicks's screwy eyes? Freaky.
Justin
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Awesome. My favorite movie from the trilogy. The slapstick comedy mixed in with horror gives the movie a overall feeling of greatness. The best part of the movie, seeing Bruce Campbell saw off his hand. Although the movie wasn't really scary, there were some parts that were freaky. Linda coming back from the dead and dancing around. Linda's headless body coming into the toolshed with the chainsaw. Overall i loved the movie and Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn stands up and protects it crown as the best horror movie of all-time.
Reaver
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What can I say, but that I love this film?  One of the best things to me about this film is the little details, silly but they really added to the movie, like when Ash's possessed hand saw the meat cleaver and gave a little excited squeak. The scene where Bobbi Jo is entangled and dragged thru the woods to be devoured by a tree is an overlooked example of the brilliant effects in this film.  The branches entwining and even puncturing her flesh were quite convincing, at least to a dumb ole country boy like me. Lastly,  there is no one, in any movie, cooler than Ash.  Nuff said.
DeaditeDave
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh man oh man how I love this flick.  Especially all the little jokes.   Like when he cuts off his hand and covers it with the bucket.  Then he puts that book on top of it.  Look at the title of the book, A call to arms. LOL   Then you have the Nightmare on Elm Street poster.  Which as the story goes in Wes Craven's movie the Hills have Eyes(A great flick) there is a ripped in half movie poster of Jaws.  Which was Craven's way of saying if you though Jaws was scary try this.  Well Sam Raimi say that and put a ripped in half movie poster of Craven's flick in Evil Dead to say that Evil Dead topped Hills have Eyes.  Then in Nightmare on Elm Street when Johnny Depp gets sucked into his bed, he is watching Evil Dead.  (Though it could be the first Evil Dead I'm not sure, better go watch em and make sure.)  If you truly love Evil Dead do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of the book The Evil Dead Companion.  In it you will find all these little tidits of info.  Like the reason that they flash to Ash's face so often is so they could get it released in theaters, same reason why some of the blood was green.  The game kicks ass, bought and beat it.  Bruce also did the voices in Pitfall 3D and Broken Helix both for PS1.  Also check out old episodes of Briscoe County Junior and Jack of all Trades for more Campbell fun.  Next year Sam's newest movie SPIDERMAN!!!!  Look for Bruce and Sam's brother Ted in it, they have cameos.

Hail to the King baby!  
Marcus
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"GROOVY" - that word from Ash (the man, the myth, the legend) is what describes Evil Dead 2 and not to mention the whole damn trilogy! Hilarious from the moment Ash's girlfriend gets decapitated with a shovel til Ash gets sucked back in time through a portal!  The Evil Hand vs. Ash scene is what made me bust my gut laughing.  I had tears rolling out of my eyes in the blood from the wall scenes and the infamous eyeball scene as well.  Overall everything in this movie is worth seeing over and over again!
Hyperion X
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This has to be one of the best films in all of creation! I personally think that this is the best Evil Dead movie ever. Heck, if I saw this movie in Kindergarden, and the teacher asked us what we would want to do when we grow up, I would've said, "I want to have my hand to go crazy and I want ta' cut it off with a chainsaw and then make the chainsaw replace my hand." Unfortunatly, in reality, I said ," I wanna be Robocop!"
God, I was an idiot back then. But anyway, this movie should run for President of the USA and win!
But if they make Evil Dead IV, then I hope they don't use CGI. That would suck. FOAM LATEX FOREVER! YEAH!
Swamprat
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE! Horror shtick movies don't get better than this. Most straight movies don't get better than this! The first Evil Dead was a run of the mill straight to video kinda slop only saved by the incredible presence of Bruce Cambell. This time around we're back and we're armed. Bigger budget, more actors, tighter script, some stock footage, a real makeup kit, and a double-barreled shotgun! Pure pain the first time around. Laughter till it hurt! We're screaming at the characters and cheering Ash on. We all want flying eyeballs to play with! Bruce Cambell is one of the wildest actors to come along in a long time. Just as rubberery and animated as Jim Cary and John Belishi but far more charming. You can't take your eyes of him for an instant. The hand running amuck through the cabin trying to get the drop on Ash is going to be a classic movie moment right up there with Colin Clive shouting "It's ALIVE!" in James Whale's Frankenstien, and Lugosi hissing "Good evening...I bid you welcome." Don't miss this one. Even if you're not a serious fan of horror shlock movies...at least rent this baby. Watch it with as many people as you can cram in you living room...you'll be squirting Pepsi-Cola out your nostrils on each other in no time. The third in the series, Army of Darkness, is fun, but not nearly as good as this one. Terrific flick!
Luke Bannon
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Excellent movie. Perfect mix of horror and comedy. Loved the parts with Ash and his possessed hand, plus it was cool having Ash attach a chainsaw to were his hand was! LOL! If you'd like a film that delivers both laughs and screams, this is for you! 10/10!
Kenner
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2002, 07:10:41 PM »

This is a CLASSIC, PERIOD. No gettin around how excellent it is.
Julian
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Im a big Evil Dead fan and even though I was young (about 9)when I started watching them I found them so cool,so scary,so...GROOVY.My older sisters are a fan too.Two of my favirote scenes are when Ash screams in the cellar and when he cuts his hand off.." Whos laughing now!!".No other movie comes close to how much I like Evil Dead.ED is pure horror!!ED 2 is a gravy mix of hooror and comedy.AOD is less horror and more comedy but still a good movie.ED:hail to the king is an awesome game (even though I cant get pased Annie).ED:a fistful of boomstick makes it even better!I cant get enough of Evil Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!For gods sake,how do you stop it!!!!OH, and Bruce if you read this your my numero 1 favirote actor and stay GROOVY.
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'll start off by saying that the first Evil Dead movie was  not that great, so I was a heisitant to rent the second one. Once I did, I found it to be one of my favorite films that I've ever seen. It's dark humor and memorable lines, 'Groovy,"(Spoken by Ash)  "Someones in my fruit cellar, some one with a fresh soul!" (Spoken by possessed Henreita) are just to name a few. Then there's the factor of the camere placed in the Evils view, very effective. Plus one cannot see the movie without laughing about when Ash's hand is bit by a severed head, thus becoming possessed and beating up Ash. And although diresctor Sam Raimi included a lot of comedy, he still manages to pull a few scares. Most notable when Ash has to go into the fruit cellar to retreive the pages of the Necronomicon. The forced prospectives are great. Evil Dead 2 has to be a five star movie.
And in the Words of Ash:"GROOVY"
James Perry
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2003, 01:57:04 PM »

This, along with the others in the series, was the highlight of my yearly Halloween movie month 2002 (at least 3 horror movies a day in October).  I thought this was incredible effective horror comedy.  The fancy camera work was so inspired!  The character of Ash was absolutely first rate.  I watched it several times in a row (DVD commentary).  One would hope there would be more than 3 in this series...But, at least we have these.  And they are among my favorite horror films ever!
V
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2003, 08:07:18 PM »

This is simply one of the best B-movies ever made. You can say no more.
lionel
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

HELLO!
my name is leon.i live in israel(its the reason my english is not so good).i just want you to know,that i am the bigest fan of horror movies.i allwais says:the goriest the beter.i am travel a lot in horror sites and watch horror movies.evil dead 2 was one of my favorite horror classic movies.in that movie was all what wreal horror fan like my could posabli want:a lots of gore,blood showers,evil spirets,witch in the sailor,and badass hero with a chainsaw.ive seen that movie so meny times,that i know the script bater than raimi him self!this movie just awesom.
but i loved an other horror classic movies to,like braindead,and from dusk till dawn,whitch you horror fans just mast to see.just imajen a crossover of evil dead 2, braindead,and from dusk till dawn.
ash,lionel,father Mcgruder,and set gecco ageinst blood sucking vamps,evil spirits,and a zombies.oh boy... and every one will come with his groovy line.
ash:"come get some"
lionel:"partys over"
father Mcgruder:"i kick ass for the lord"
set gecco:"no thanks,ive alredy was maried"
if you love movies alike,i recomend you to see-tales from the crypt:bordello of blood.you dont regret.bay the way,if you know another goriest movies so let my know,you can wright it here or send it to my e-mail.we horror lovers need take care on each other you know...
GreatWasabi
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The greatest horror movie with the coolest hero ever.  Thanks, Bruce Campbell, for making big chins and the word "groovy" cool.
Sam Raimi knew what he was doing when he made this movie.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.