Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:17:21 PM
712917 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Versus « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Versus  (Read 17370 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 21, 2008, 07:02:47 AM »

Prisoner KSC2-303 and some Yakuza are trapped in a forest filled with zombies.  They commence, in the most violent manners possible, to turn the zombies into dead zombies. This review is part of the "Vs." roundtable.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BTM

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:43:25 PM »

This movie was AWESOME! 

But you forgot to mention the creative way in which the good guy keeps the female from getting into harms way throughout the film... ;)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Kruge
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 11:32:14 PM »

Yah, great movie for sure.

Though if I'm not mistaken you failed to mention one of the best bits: The forest of resurrection is the place where the Yakuza gets rid of "retired" members, meaning many of the zombies rise from their grave still in posession of their guns (and the knowledge how to use them)!

Sure, the gangsters and the hero blast away at the zombies as if there was no tomorrow, but THE ZOMBIES SHOOT BACK!

How cool is that?

In a related matter: The squad of shooting stormtrooper zombies was a nice scene in the new Day of the Dead. :) I couldn't stop laughing. :)=
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »

But you forgot to mention the creative way in which the good guy keeps the female from getting into harms way throughout the film... ;)

They do have a strange "quirk" to their relationship:

For some reason, the rescued girl is attracted to him, despite the fact that every time a fight takes place, the hero knocks her unconscious with a swift punch to the forehead.

Yah, great movie for sure.

Though if I'm not mistaken you failed to mention one of the best bits: The forest of resurrection is the place where the Yakuza gets rid of "retired" members, meaning many of the zombies rise from their grave still in posession of their guns (and the knowledge how to use them)!

Sure, the gangsters and the hero blast away at the zombies as if there was no tomorrow, but THE ZOMBIES SHOOT BACK!

The scene when the mobsters find the spot that they buried all their old victims and discover dozens of empty graves.  The audience knew that massive zombie mayhem was coming, though I didn't expect to see the zombies with guns.  On the humans' side was the fact that the zombies were not very good with their weapons.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:31:41 AM »

About your comment about 'shooting my pistol horizontally, gangsta style', apparently the police in Naples have noticed that Camorra killings have gotten messier because of hitmen emulating the movies. Whereas the old style hitman went for a clean headshot, the style conscious modern one will hold his pistol at angle, won't get a good hit with the first shot and will have to finish the job with several more badly aimed bullets.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Cotexman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 04:10:25 PM »

If someone ever shoots at me, I hope it's done "gangster style."  That way there's a better chance of them missing me.  Smile
oxode
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »

I wonder if Your DVD's translation was so bad, or didn't You pay too much attention to the flick? For example the other "group" is a) no Yakkuza, but the police and b) consists of two (I'd say a group needs three members at least). The "hero" by the way and the as You call wizard are not only brothers, they are, together with the girl and most of the rest staff in a certain way immortal, as they play this story over and over in eternity, changing the roles from round to round.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 10:48:17 PM »

I wonder if Your DVD's translation was so bad, or didn't You pay too much attention to the flick? For example the other "group" is a) no Yakkuza, but the police and b) consists of two (I'd say a group needs three members at least).

I believe my DVD's subtitles were adequate, and I certainly paid attention to this film.  This is the other "group" I referred to as being stereotypical Yakuza:

Were you in a bad mood when you wrote this, or were you trying to be rude for some reason?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Versus « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.