Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:09:25 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Jack Frost « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Jack Frost  (Read 101968 times)
hawkmankt@earthlink.net
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2000, 04:19:19 PM »

Come on kids.  I think we're over analyzing this one a bit too much.  This movie sucked and that's the magic of it.  Bad movies are not meant to be critiqued seriously.  These guys knew this movie sucked when they came up with the costume, the decapitation scene, the anti-freeze scene, etc..  The sooner you guys realize that its enjoyable to watch bad movies and laugh at them, the more you'll enjoy them.  Because that is what its all about.

Hawkman (I know the difference between snowmen and snowwomen)
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2000, 07:53:57 PM »

Considering all the facts the the other people gave, I would have to say that this movie was the dumbest ever made. In other words it sucked. It made no sense what so ever. Everyone says that it is such a great movie. Screw it and the director as my opinion.
STPezatcha
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2000, 06:07:10 PM »

Which was more disturbing ...The Son putting anti-freeze in his dad's oatmeal? or This movie ever being made?
Kurt
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2000, 10:32:10 AM »

For all the good and bad comments we've seen about this movie--no one can deny that it looks like it was a hell of a
lot of fun to make.  The special effects are admittedly awful, the plot is rather weak, but still...dammit, I thought this was gleefully cheesey fun.  That's a lot of what bad movies are all about--it's not scary, but that's not the point.    The point of bad movies is delighting in the cheesiness of it all.
Syke
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2000, 10:03:37 AM »

It's been a year since I last saw this film, and reading your review reminds me how much I laughed my head off when me and my friends rented Jack Frost. We expected a creepy horror movie (remember what Jack looks like on the hologram cover) and got a comedy with crazy death scenes. From the priest moving his hairdyer in a cross motion to Jack's constant puns ("I can see your house from up here" when he's run over by the store owner) it's a definite classic B-movie. I'm still waitng for A Pix to get some more of whatever they smoked so they can make "Jack Antifreeze" Another thing you can learn from this movie: Never let your children cook oatmeal unless killer snowmen are on the loose.
Jack
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2002, 03:08:18 AM »

The Best movie of all time.  Seriously folks there is no movie better than this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Canadaphile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Jesus God, they made a SEQUEL to this?!  Even my husband couldn't finish watching it, and he sits through crap that would send anyone else out of the room screaming.

Although admittedly the line, "It ain't f---ing Frosty" was pretty funny.
Daniel Gabriele
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is the best movie ever made. It has sex, suspense, and great acting. It deserves awards in all aspects. Jack Frost is made of genetically altered snow molecules! He is a meanyhead, but you can kill him with anti-freeze!! This is a true story, I am told. It happened about three years ago in the Mighty Empire of Zimbabwe; Mr. Frost was infecting the remaining 30% of Africa's population that didn't have AIDs with Ebola!
Izzy
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Now, I love trash. I love terribly bad horror films. But this film has on e HUGE, HUGE error. It is the only thing keeping it from becoming a cheese classic- the people behind it took themselves seriously. They tried to make a genuine horror flick. That was the same problem with LEPRECHAUN- great (awful, in normal filmgoer terms) storyline, but the crew wanted to make a quote-unquote, "good scare film". Jack frost is absoulutely terrible.
The_Cynical_Critic
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie back in '99. I didn't like it. I feel just like the commenter who said they felt the film violated them and screwed with their head.

The humor was too crude for my taste, the death scenes were far too cheesy, and I too found myself repositioning often because I was so uncomfortable watching this. This movie is genuinely disturbing, sick, sadistic, and nauseating to the core. Don't even reconsider watching this, it's just plain trash.
Joe
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Me and my mates hired this out coz of the hologram on the front and we thought it was a blast!!!  Probably the funniest movie I've ever seen, especially the shower seen (a rival to Psycho surely!) and the classic zoom by the xmas tree.  If you want to find the king of tacky horror movies, Jack Frost is your Mekkah.  Watch it now!!!
Marcus
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2001, 02:10:36 AM »

A movie based on a typical B-Movie theme...stupidity stupidity and more stupidity!  Bad acting is the key though along with the cheezball lines from the killer snowman.  The shower scene is hilarious none the less.  One problem, how the hell does that guy live after he gets an icicle through the heart??? I often wonder who would win in battle...Jack Frost from this movie or Jack Frost from that lame Michael Keaton flick.  My money is 100 to 1 on that bad mother f**king snow cone...
Alex Davis
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2001, 07:41:24 PM »

What a fantastic film! The sequel is even cheesier if that is actually possible. Killer snowman travels to Carribean island for revenge...what is up with the bathtub scene? The whole premise s just brilliant, how do you come up with something as out there as this? Th man who direceted this was nothing short of agenius. Well among the cheesiest fils I have ever seen, barring JF2.
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Without a doubt the most stupid film ever made. Ed Wood's films are genius compared to this crap.
The MessiahMan
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This was just plain awful.  I stopped watching it as the police station was blown up and jack reformed.  There was just no comedic value to the film at all...instead, I got THE stupidest death scenes known to man...THE lousiest one-liners a writer could write...and THE dumbest plot I've ever seen, barring none!  I REALLY wanted to find this movie funny.  Maybe if I was twelve again...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Jack Frost « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.