Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:17:37 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes  (Read 102212 times)
JD
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie shouldn't even be on the site - it gives bad movies a bad name! How can you enjoy an intentionally bad movie that is a lame attempt to parody other bad movies? From the opening credits it's painfully obvious  the film makers know full well what they are doing - playing for laughs and making a cheap effort to "manufacture" a cult film. Sadly, from the looks of these reviews, they seem to have succeeded.
It's fun to watch the demented genius of an Ed Wood movie, or ridiculous efforts to make real horror films on a tiny budget that fail totally.(i.e. "The Creeping Terror")It's amusing to see real actors or celebrities forced into absurd, demeaning situations (like an 80-something Mae West trying to be a sex kitten in 'Sextette') or bad actors who don't know they're bad, but when a film practically announces "Hey, we're making a cheap-looking bad movie. Aren't we funny?" then I feel it's boring waste of time.
Jordan Garren
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Clearly a classic! It's been out of print for years, but while on a Senior Week Trip to Ocean City, Maryland, I discovered the DIRECTOR'S CUT (and only for $5.00!). The sad part about this tale, it that Disney released the Director's Cut (WHAT THE F*@K?! Is probably the phrase of choice when you find that out.). So extra scenes are put back in, and this annoying fat guy (I think it was the producer of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes") just suddenly pops up about 20 minutes into the film and tells us to watch Steve McQueens stupid Cameo! All in all, I love this movie, it's on a long list a childhood favorites (Right up there with Q-The Winged Serpent, Return of Swamp Thing, and Alligator ... what! They're good movies!). See it at all costs (wether you pay five bucks in another state or 50 bucks on E-Bay).
The Congo Kid
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I remember seeing this film when I was like 9 or 10.  I BEGGED my mom to rent it for me and, when she finally did, I laughed my ever-loving ass off!  This baby is a classic, zany, cheese-dick movie that ranks right up there with Kentucky Fried Movie and Hardware Wars.
Ken
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

True story.

This movie has a special place in my heart. My first date with Joan was going to be "the Empire Strikes Back", but the evening show was filled. So we went to see KT.

God, it was so awful! She wanted to leave halfway through! A first date disaster! What had I subjected her to? First impression nightmares! End of the relationship!

Leaving, we talked a long while about how bad the movie was. Driving home from this debacle, we saw a late night crowd at another theatre. We caught a midnight showing of TESB.

We've now been together happily for 21 years.

When I found your website, I cracked up, and played her the clip from the theme song.

Her response, 21 years later?

"Oh, God...."

- K.
Dr.Cosmos
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

KT is simply the Silliest Movie Ever Made.  Not the worst, not the funniest, not the campiest, and definitely not the scariest, just the silliest.  Kids love it, when they catch on that it's a comedy.  Also, the theme song is in the top ten of theme songs.  How can you argue with three sequels and a TV series?
Candy
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2002, 09:48:01 AM »

The movie was absurd.
JT
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I rented this flick for a few good laughs, but this wasn't a B-movie...this flick was a TOTAL bomb! I mean, all that is happening is people are shooting tomatoes which are really being thrown at them and that can growl, despite the fact that they DON'T HAVE ANY MOUTHS! And for the icing on the cake, just when you thought this movie couldn't sink lower, the makers of this movie decided to make it into a MUSICAL! I mean, just listen to the theme song of this movie! Not only can the director not make a good movie, but he can't even SING! I stopped watching the movie right in the middle of it! Look out, "Ishstar, 'Attack of the Killer Tomatoes'" is right behind ya!
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think this is aweful, but not for the reason you might think.  The filmmakers deliberately set out to make a cheesy monster movie and it just doesn't work.  Cheesiness can't be forced.  It seems as if the very idea of "Killer Tomatoes" is supposed to be so funny that it can carry the whole film.  Blah.  There are a couple of good (but brief) gags, this film is just not funny, not scary, and not entertaining.  Snoozefest.  Go watch a something truely ridiculous like "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" instead.  
Paul
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2003, 05:13:28 PM »

Who remembers the t/v show. The theme was so cool.....
No Nukes
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's amazing how quickly people forget that this movie is a spoof of the uber-popular disaster movie genre of the 70's. Keeping that in mind, it's much easier to enjoy it.
Dan Lyon
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Who was not touched when they first heard 'Puberty Love'? what a clasic flick. I'm told this is one of the first film appearances for a young George Clooney (?). I wonder who played the Tomatoes? they were talented.
Marianne Nelson
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have to comment on the quality of this movie. We also agree that the sight of Lois Fairchild is far more horrifying than any of the "Killer" Tomatos. We would like to nominate Parachute man for president, because he is the real hero and quality of each scene. Jesus Christ also does a good appearence. My friend and I can't seem to get "Puberty Love" out of our heads, and I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing. The last scene involving romance was horrible, if anybody should get together its Parachute man and Greta the buff women on steriods. They had more chemistry. Forever a fan of the tomatoes.
Spangoo
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The killer potato movies are my favorites! The action, the suspense, the gravy - nothing compares. Forget The Deer Hunter, Scarface, or any other movie. The Attack of the Killer Potatoes is....umm...whoops, my bad - wrong movie. Sorry, this one sucks.
By the way - badmovies.org org is my favorite website. It is well designed and easy to use....whoops, did it again...sorry.... ;-)
KP
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

How can people not like this movie, I saw it as a teen and loved it than and still use the song at times, it like never leaves your head "attack of the killer tomatoes" think about it.  This movie ranks up there with "the blob".  Yes it is a very stupid movie, that is what makes it worth watching just once.  
Cal Smith
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm just wondering how this movie got it's own video game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.