Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:54:14 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Glen or Glenda? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Glen or Glenda?  (Read 25003 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: August 27, 2008, 05:20:56 PM »

Reader review by Astrid Jakobs.  Glen is engaged to a wonderful gal, but he has not told her that he likes to wear women's clothing.  Does Glen really love Barbara, or does he just want her for her pink angora sweater?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:37:30 PM »

It was the hallucination scene in GLEN OR GLENDA that started me on my love of bad movies.  I didn't know anyone could film someone like that--and I didn't yet understand why anyone would film something like that!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:51:15 AM »

How that movie ever saw the light of day is beyond me....amazingly insane.  Poor Bela....what was I thinking...I must have...er...he must have been desprate...or drunk...or both...!  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 10:24:46 AM »

Made famous in the film "Ed Wood", the writer/director of both this and the possibly worst SF movie of all time, "Plan 9 from Outer Space".

According to that film, Wood was a transvestite himself so he thought this was a really important story to tell.

The big mysteries for me are how Wood could keep getting funding to make his terrible movies, and why the heck Lugosi agreed to appear in them. Apparently he was down on his luck, long past his Dracula days, but still...

Where do you see this movie? Is it on DVD?
Sardu
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »

Glen is not a homosexual!!

Glenda is, though.
Lurple
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 11:03:40 AM »

Poor old Lugosi was apparently in dire financial straights (as well as a addict) by the time he was working in these pictures for Ed Wood, which explains a lot.

It still doesn't explain Ed Wood's direction, though.   Wink
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 11:58:37 AM »

Where do you see this movie? Is it on DVD?

Go to the review.  Look to the right of the title.  There is a button there saying "Buy It!" which will allow you to purchase the DVD from Amazon, and support this site at the same time.

HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 12:10:30 PM »

I don't think I could process the fact that this movie was directed by and starring Ed Wood while I was actually watching it. Brain might've exploded.

This review is a bit shallow as the movie is more than simply bad; it is genuinely stupefying. I'm still at a loss to approach the list of everything wrong with it.

It's easy to laugh at because transgendered people are easy to laugh at (especially if you're ideas about sex haven't advanced since puberty) but I dare any conscious movie-watcher to even attempt viewing this one seriously.   

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 01:01:13 PM »

None of the sound bytes are Bela saying "Pull the Strings, Pull the Strings"  That's the classic line from this movie.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 01:37:06 PM »

This was the second Ed Wood film that I ever watched.  The First was plan 9 from outer space.  I really liked this film and am going to watch it again soon.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 01:17:33 PM »

Despite what many of us may think, most transvestites are actually heterosexuals. Many of them being married and with a family.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »

Despite what many of us may think, most transvestites are actually heterosexuals. Many of them being married and with a family.

Dr. Alton: "Glen is a transvestite, but he is not a homosexual. Transvestism is the term given by medical science to those persons who desperately wish to wear the clothing of the opposite sex, yet whose sex life in all instances remains quite normal."

Flangepart

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »

None of the sound bytes are Bela saying "Pull the Strings, Pull the Strings"  That's the classic line from this movie.
So thats where that came from! I've heard it used elsewere, even Freakazoid.  BounceGiggle

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 12:03:40 PM »

Dr. Alton: "Glen is a transvestite, but he is not a homosexual. Transvestism is the term given by medical science to those persons who desperately wish to wear the clothing of the opposite sex, yet whose sex life in all instances remains quite normal."

True, as I have dabbled with it myself  Lookingup

Annoymous
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »

I find it strange that the Restored Image DVD version is cut compared to the unrestored tape derived Public Domain version that Passport Video released along with the other Wood movies.
Seriously in the Image print lines are cut, brief scenes are cut and its altogether 3 minutes shorter. It makes no difference though the public domain version seems more complete.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Glen or Glenda? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.