Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:06:51 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Leprechaun « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Leprechaun  (Read 84015 times)
Kurt
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2000, 07:13:49 PM »

Recently I bought a DVD player.  And therefore, I needed some DVD's.

Today, out looking for some cheap DVD's I could amuse myself with, I found a pack of four horror movies on DVD for the low low price of $30.  $7.50 apiece is dirt cheap for DVD's, so I sprang for it.

One of the four, and the one I just watched, was Leprechaun.  Although the concept of a Leprechaun as evil was somewhat novel the movie is very much your basic stock monster-movie.  I haven't seen the sequels but don't have much reason to think they'll be much better.  

Well, it made me laugh.  It was goofy.  Whether or not Warwick Davis thought too much of his role in the Leprechaun series now, he sure seemed to have a blast while they were making it.  Then again, if I was in leprechaun makeup and told that my role entailed slaughtering South Dakotans, I'd probably do the same.

ithur
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2000, 03:43:43 AM »

Well so most people think either Lep 1 or Lep 4 sucks.  I guess that makes my taste extra crappy 'cause I was a sucker for the "fiddledeediddledeedee" garbage in the first one, even liked the second one (that was the one with extra Tard Power wasn't it?), and then #4 made my jaw drop.  Okay, horror/comedy is already kind of a derivative genre -- but add Midget Movie to that and it's quite an impressive cocktail.  So sad that they did nothing with the Sci-Fi angle for #3, but adding 90's Blaxsploitation and Pseudo-Musical to the mix worked WONDERS.  #4 is alarmingly offensive and distasteful and is certainly in my top ten Good Awful Movies.  C'mon, Ice-T in a worse flick than Tank Girl?  Nuff respect.
plisken
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

i'm irish and i just want to let you all of you know that this movie is based on a true story. although real leprechauns cannot use magic there just evil little critters.
Sky
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have to say that the Leprachaun series are great! Hell, it was just a couple weeks ago when some of my friends and I Were going to have a sleepover and we were looking for a good horror movie. My friends all wanted the leprachaun. At first i thought they were crazy, but they rented it and i left while they watched. When i came up to see what it was like, I got attached to it right away. We had to see all the movies from the series. We've been renting them one by one for the past couple weeks since we started. We have to say that 2 and 4 are pretty bad but we certainly laughed are asses off at 3! Tonight were watchin 5 with ICE T.
DC
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well, in addition to the last comment leeft by my freind at soaringfire38@hotmail.com, the thing i belive got him hooked into the series is the fact of the sheer stupididty shown in some of the caricters, I.E. Someone 'imagining' the girl he likes wants him to touch her breasts, and then sticks his head into two lawnmower blades.
Stupid acting, funny talking makes leprechaun 1&3 funney, and the Leprechaun s**t Rhym made me laugh so har,d i couldn't breath! two on the other had had no plot so it was bad, and 4............. A mix of Terminator, Star Ship Troopers, and alittle bit of NO RHYMES at all makes for a bad move. I have yet to voice my opinion on 5.

Another thing, For all you out there, why diss leprechaun???? WArwick DAvis is da mann, and he rocks, cept in 4 :) but thats forgivible, i would like to congradulate him on an ecxilint series ! ~ DC A.K.A. John Skyhound.
Marcus
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is loads of sadistic fun!  Theres something about the Leprechaun that make you kinda like him.  Granted hes a killer but hey, hes only after his "pot o' gold".  Jennifer Aniston is hot but is it me or does she seem to change from a Valley Girl to a Four Star General from beginning to end.  Give it up to this film for providing laughs as well as the minor thrills!
Isaac Baranoff
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This Maybe The Worst Movie Ever Made, If It Wern't for "Sleepaway Camp".
lostmissy
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this movie as a teenager at the theater when it first came out. I saw it again this year at home. Where it was kinda cute and kooky the first time, the second time was, lets just say, not so enjoyable. But I must admit, it was interesting to see young jennifer again. Anyway I've also seen "2" and "4" since so maybe I'm just growing numb to "me gold" and recycled thrills and chills that weren't that thrilling or chilling the first time. But then maybe i've just grown jaded...
Candy
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I enjoyed this film.  And just so you know, Ozzie wasn't STUPID, he was mentally retarted.  Tomorrow my mom is taking me to the video store and I'm going to rent Leprachaun 2, and if any of you think its a bad idea, speak now, I'll check later and see if there is any replies.
Later.
Deej
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hate this flick!! Because of this misguided movie, whenever a friend finds out I'm Irish-American...they throw their friggin' shoes at me! WHY!!! WHY!!???
wheresthecarrot
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2002, 06:35:39 PM »

I really want to go by a pair of L.A. Gear pink sneakers now...way to go product placement.....
Chris
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just don't understand why so many people hate this movie with such ire.  What exactly did you expect?  It's not like the synopsis of the film or cover of the movie is decieving.  Of course it's not scary, it's hilarious.  I admit this movie was lame until the leprechaun busted out his tricycle.  How anyone can not find the leprechaun using a pogo stick, power wheels car, skateboard, makeshift tractor, rollerskates, skateboard, and wheelchair entertaining is beyond me.  I also reccomend Leprechaun in the Hood.  I'm waiting for possible sequals like Leprechaun Goes Back in Time, Leprechaun Christmas, Leprechaun Goes Out West, Blackprecaun, and Leprechaun in Space.  Wait, that last one is too rediculous.  Why would they make a movie about a Leprechaun in outer space?
Mary
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, as a child of six years old, i was terrified by this film and couldn't sleep for weeks. The chatn "i'm a lucky leprechaun" going round in my head. Now as i am older, i stil find the little critter quite creepy, even if the plot and acting were bad, the leprechaun still haunts me now.
Austin
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2004, 11:09:12 AM »

This is a quality flick with a classic bad guy.  It lacks nothing.  The pogo stick was the best part.  Definitely worth watching.
unnown
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I am irish and i am a big fan of leprechaun and the first one made me laugh and part of it was beacause of ozzy and i wish that they can make leprechaun movies simular to the first one some ppl like the movie and some don't and some think its ok but thats there opinion so if you see leprechaun in the hood or leprechaun back to the hood or leprechaun 1 then buy it its worth it
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Leprechaun « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.