Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:00:37 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Zombies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Night of the Zombies  (Read 82857 times)
sickbaguk
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2000, 06:07:19 PM »

Jesus, why bother with having a f**ked up nuclear/chemical reactor to create millions of undead....go watch this film and it will do the same thing at a fraction of the cost!

Yeah, this is a pants film, even the Jap print I was fortunate enough to see along with all the extra gore shots, didn't help matters along.

BUT it doesn't deserve the Big Fat Zero Badmovies, seems to think it deserves. When one considers the budget of this film you have to make allowances. In anycase I personally think it stands head & shoulders above Argentos over-rated and totally s**te Susperia and all the other crap he's produced ever since (Demons excluded)

NOTZ is a film with no irony but loads of cheap style. If you managed to watch the entire film it can't be all that bad, can it!

Simon
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2000, 11:03:00 PM »

Wow.  I had no idea there were herds of ELEPHANTS in New Guinea!  :)
Joey Howell
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2000, 03:45:49 PM »

Dude, this one sucks! Not even the uncut versions decent gore FX could save this! Hell, it should be called "The Geographic Dead", due to its obsession in stock footage. Still, it's not the worse, but its one of the worst.
Scott
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Wow! With all of these positive and negative reviews, I'm really glad I bought the movie. That's right, I actually found a copy for sale! W000T!

-Scott-
Bandit Chris
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Just to clear up any confusion on this movie:

Buno Mattei's "Night of the Zombies" was also distributed by a variety of other distributors under a plethora of alternate titles such as:
* Virus
* Hell of the Living Dead
* Zombies of the Savannah
* Zombie Creeping Flesh [UK]
* Die Holle der Lebenden Toten [German]
* Apocalypsis Canibal
* Virus Cannibale
and about a half-a-dozen others........................
The same goes for virtually every-other European horror/exploitation movie, with the worst 'offender' being Antonio Margheriti's "Cannibal Apocalypse", which can be found under about 15 or so other titled versions, namely the "Invasion of the Flesh Hunters" copy which was released by the Vestron, which was the same label that distributed "Night of the Zombies" in North America, along with the Creature Features copy...........
Anyhow, for anyone wishing to do so, I pesonally wouldnt advise ditching [aka. throwing out] any older vhs copies of horror movies from Vestron Video, Wizard Video, Lighting Video etc for the newer DVD copies from Anchor Bay, because to 'true' horror-enthusiasts these are the 'true' collectors-items to seek out and bag............

Jamie
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Before I knew who Romero was I knew the name Vincent Dawn. I saw this when I was ten and well... Hell of the Living Dead started my journey into zombie films so I can't very well badmouth it. Sure, as I got older and realized the dubbing was awful and the stock footage took away rather than enhanced the film. I guess I'm screwed up because I saw Mattei's film and then saw Dawn of the Dead later as well as Night. I'm forever ruined on zombie films as I saw most of the Italian stuff first.
Viceroy
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2000, 07:01:06 PM »

Whoever thought this movie was even remotely good is sub-human.  It should be used as punishment for our world's criminals.  Force them to watch this movie 3 or 4 times and we won't need capital punishment, they'll kill themselves.  
Trot_to_Trotsky
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2000, 07:13:03 PM »

How the DIEW got into NOTZ:

Foley artist) Whoops! Sorry about that. I must've stepped on a cat...

Director) It's ok...nobody will notice.

Foley artist) You sure? I could take that right out...

Director) You're fired.

Numbskull
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2000, 12:31:48 PM »

As a fan of genre films, I must say that NOTZ is an easy contender for the worst film ever CONCEIVED, let alone MADE.  Blantant rip-off of DotD, with some of the dumbest, most unlikable characters ever put on film.  Also extremely depressing--one could be hating life for a long time after seeing this terrible exercise in filmmaking.  Bruno Mattei has to be one of the most worthless, piece-of-s**t directors of all time.
The Undead Poet
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Night of the Zombies is the film of the year. The overall plot, if any is still unclear. There's mutilation, and death, to add to the gore. To some horror addicts, this can still be a bore. So if you seek flesh eating mayhem, here's some of the best. Rent Night of the Zombies it'll rip your heart from your chest.                    
fulcirules
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Call me crazy,but I enjoyed this movie! I had seen this movie on VHS a long time ago,but the DVD is much better. This movie is also known as "Hell Of The Living Dead". I know it's a bad movie,but fun as hell to watch! If you are a collector of zombie films,you have to pick this up. Like I said,it's a bad movie but strangely appealing. I CAN name 2 zombie flicks worse than this(Zombie Lake and Children Of The Living Dead). But since my goal in life is to own every zombie movie, I will buy those as well!
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I thought this was about Soilent Green. I was greatly disturbed to find a whole page about Night of the Zombies.  That movie was so bad, I'm surprised you people wasted your time making comments about it...Wait a minute what am I doing?
Shakita
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This has got to be the absolute worst movie in the history of FILM! What did they do, run out of talent or something? I still couldn't pay nobody to buy the movie from me, let alone give it away!
PHOENIX
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I walked around like a zombie for days after seeing this wretched excuse for a film. There should be some sort of Ed Wood award for most obvious and gratuitous use of stock footage. This film would win in a landslide.

THEIR HEADS DAMN YOU!!!! YOU KNOW IT ALREADY!!! YOUVE BEEN TOLD 500 TIMES THEIR HEADS!!!!!!! arrrrrr I give up...
Ænigma
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this when I was a kid and I'd love to see it again.  Sure, it's bad but there is something really creepy about inserting reality into a nihilistic film.  I think that some grey market places have it as "Hell of the Living Dead"... but is it worth purchasing?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Zombies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.