Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:14:12 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Zombies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Night of the Zombies  (Read 82841 times)
jack
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What the hell is this? This is a very poor rip-off of George Romero's Dawn of the Dead. George Romero shhould sue the director of Night of the zombies. The title is just about a copy of night of the living dead.
Dr. Maniac
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

So why, oh why, does everyone hate this movie?  I love it!  Sure the plot is outrageous but that is what makes it so much fun.  Think about it . . .a project sanctioned by several world governments to de-populate Third World nations by exposing the people to a gas that turns them into flesh eating zombies!  Does the United Nations know about this?  Don't miss that scene of the horrendously dubbed African diplomat declaring "You have treated my people like human larvae!  Nothing will be left but the bare earth soaked in putrifying flesh!" Oh and that TV interview at the end where dialogue is liften almost verbatim from NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.  Yow!  
   Some good gore effects (better than the papier mache heads in Andrea Bianchi's NIGHT OF TERROR at least) and the character of Santoro provides tons of comic relief.
   The DVD release of this is amazingly clear and offers scenes left out of the domestic video release.
bloodcult
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love italian zombie movies. I love good italian zombie movies. I love bad italian zombie movies. I HATED this movie. The part where the zombie plantworkers are "eating" a guy looks like they're picking up raw bloody steak off the guys chest - funny. Sound cool? Don't ever bother. Get City of the Walking Dead for a cool 'bad' zombie flick instead.
Mike ( friend of Ty)
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

well, all i can say is "ouch." as i am positive that just by watching this movie i have taken a solid 2 years off my life. But like the creator of this site said (somewhere) "no-one ever said it was a healthy habbit" and i have to agree. i had just seen "galaxy invaider" before this and last weekend saw "Billy the Kid vs. Dracula" so anyway...this movie is the cruise missle that broke the camels back, I think im taking a week off. ( plus the movie was my idea, not Roberts)
Ty
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Not only do I want to murder the writer, the director, the editor, hell, everyone responsible for this movie (except the chick), but I will personally strangle all of you who like this movie!!! What it wrong with you?!  NotZ is the worst movie ever made.  EVER.  My friends and I watched it for s**ts and giggles, but twenty minutes into the movie, I felt like killing my friend Robert, because it was his idea.  What I've learned:  Italian people are all retarded (even hot painted chicks).
Steph
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2002, 09:31:25 PM »

I liked the movie and I agree with Ed it was a shame all the good guys got killed in the end. I wished all of them survived and won the battle. I plan to purchase the movie on DVD . Well Mike London , Osbourne, Vincent , Zantoro , Max , and Lia better luck next time it is a shame you lost the battle in the end I was on your side.
The_Angry_Magician
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hell of the Living Dead (AKA: NIght of the Zombies, Virus) is one of the greatest of all zombie movies and one of the most entertaining. The only reason why any of you hate this movie is because of the 'supposed' rip-offs Bruno Mattei took from Romero's Dawn of the Dead and put into this movie. All of you are too hung-over for your love of Dawn of the Dead to give Hotld any kind of commendation. I wish for once you morons would get your facts straight when complaining about this movie. The only 'rip-offs' Mattei used from Dawn of the Dead for this movie are "some" of Goblin's score for DotD; when I say some, I mean Mattei only used a small piece from that score, but because it is one of the most recognizable pieces from DotD all of you naturally assume he ripped the entire musical score from DotD, which is the stupidest s**t that I hear most.

The other thing Bruno used from DotD is making all of the main characters in HotlD reporters and swat team members, and in the latter the characters wear identical uniforms as the swat members from DotD. That's all Mattei supposedly stole from Dawn of the Dead; oh, if you want to include the opening terrorist raid you can, but they are both entirely different. Besides these "Rip-Offs" you dumbasses keep complaining about, the rest of this movie is very original. I dont know of what other zombie movie was made before where the plot has a chemical research plant that has a gas leak and a team of commandos are sent to New Guinea to find out what the Hell is up. And this is one of my favourite reasons for zombie plaques, "Chemical gas/Nuclear Meltdowns".

Another inconsistency that derails you idiots' complaints that Mattei stole the score from DotD is the fact that Mattei didn't just use music from DotD, he used music from many other movies Goblin scored music for. There's also the story of how Mattei gained rights for using Goblin's music before DotD was even made. I dont know if this is true or not, but because this movie is being allowed print in the US today, I'd say the legality is in Bruno's favor. Lets see, more complaints? Oh yeah, "Bad Dubbing"! Okay, in what foreign horror movie of the time was the dubbing ever good? "Bad Acting"? While the dubbing is somewhat bad in this movie, and the voices are probably not those of the actors in the movie, I'd say the actors actually did a good job of portraying their roles soley by reading the expressions on their faces.

Then there's the stock footage! WHO GIVES A s**t! So what, the director didn't have the money so decided to plug in documentary film. In the new DvD version of Hotld the stock footage is hardly noticeable; besides, this is what I've always liked about this movie. The stock footage adds eeriness to it.

It could be me. It could be because I watched this movie before Dawn of the Dead and saw it at a young age. That could be why I love it so much. But I have placed myself in the shoes of others and pretend that I never saw this movie, but I can still not see why anyone hates it so much.

P.S. for those of you hoping you can burn every copy of this movie in existence, it'll never happen baby!
bluedragon2999
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2002, 11:16:47 PM »

Amung the worst movies that I have ever seen. The movie was so painful that I thought of suicied during it and then turned homocidal toward everyone involved with the film.
Riff
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Your right, pure shyte! Bad acting, directing (whats up with all those wildlife shots anyways?), script and special effects (although there were a few cool looking zombies). I hoped that all the characters would die, and they did, yay! This movie made "The Video Dead" look like "Night of the Liveing Dead". Stick to "Zombi 2" and "Dawn od the Dead".

A skull
Bandit Chris
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I own the original copy released from Vestron Video (one of my old fav vid labels, who released other cool horror flicks such as THE MUTILATOR, PIECES and HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK), and I must say I have enjoyed this film, it excretes bad charm all over the place. This is just one of those  film where you gotta check your brain at the door and just go along with the ride

fav gore scene(s)
- The killing in the elevator shaft  of Zantoro & Max, Lia's "eyepoping" demise and the elimination of the two necking lovers near the  park bridge at the end (Fairly brutal stuff, courtesy  of FX guy Giusseppe Ferrantini)

Movies that had music "lifted" for this movie:
- Joe D'Amato's "Beyond the Darkness", Luigi Cozzi's "Toxic Spawn" and of course Romero's "Dawn of the Dead".

PS. Bruno Mattei also re-used all of "Beyond the Darkness's" soundtrack on his other film L'Altro Inferno (aka. THE OTHER HELL)
Blackeneth
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this movie when I was in high school. At the time, it was advertised as "so shocking" that "absolutely no one under 18 will be admitted." So two friends and I, all around 16, had absolutely no trouble getting in at a local dive theater (which was notorious for sticky floors).

I must say it was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Tears were rolling down my face I was laughing so hard. My friends were laughing too. This seemed to really creep out the few other people in the theater--more so that the movie. Got more than a few head turns with looks of, "I can't believe you find this funny." I recall especially liking the scene where the zombie child takes two rounds from a 45 caliber pistol in the chest and keeps on coming--until being taken out with a head shot.

When the movie was over, we were the only ones left in the theater.  

Highly recommended! Not that it was supposed to be a comedy . . .
PC_Arcade
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'm confused, the movie reviewed is Night of the Zombies (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082815/), but the movie most people seem to be discussing here is Virus AkA Hell of the living dead (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082559/)
But the pictures on the review appear to be from Virus.
Virus is the funniest zombie movie ever, how can you not love a film where, upon seeing a "horde" of zombie stagger out of the woods, the protaganists exclaims that "maybe they're drunk!!" and later wearing a tut and doing a bizzare song an dance routine whilst being torn to pieces by zombies. Comic genius :D
Samzilla
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I come from Italy and I would just like to take this as an oppurtunity to apologize on behalf of all the italian people for creating these countless zombie rip offs.
However, please dont think of these films as representations of Italys creativity. I mean, check out the Dario Argento films. They are masterpieces.
yannick the big dick
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Bought the movie from anchor bay and it came with Night of the rats.

less then 20$ for theses 2 features was quit a bargain cause if you look at it on amazon.ca i live in Canada night of the rats cost 24$ and Hell of the living dead pertty much the same thing.

Night of the rats and Hell of the living dead are 2 funny yet gory movies i dont mind having in my collection.

They are not the best movies but still pertty funny to watch.
Nick
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2005, 10:50:49 PM »

Night of the Zombies is awesome!, my favorite zombie film after the Romero trilogy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Zombies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.