Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:21:16 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Watchers « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Watchers  (Read 53454 times)
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just watched the movie and I'd say I had good old time. 3/5 just because it was fun fun fun.

-the first rule of fat club-
Matt
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 06:38:12 PM »

Ok this movie is one of my favorite movies, they made the monster look really really sweet...hmmm well catch ya lata
Sean Freel
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oh, Canada makes that many bad movies? I didn't know and I live in the capital... well at least we have James Cameron.
This movie butchers the book, dont get meh started. Travis was Nora's husband in the first and he was in special forces and he kicked ass. Now he's a little s**theaded brat who makes love to the dog. Let's not talk about that "twist" if it had happened in the book I would have puked and burned my copy. Johnson was a nice guy who was held back by his job and even lets the dog go in the end.
He was African too, *cough*Ironside*cough*
Avoid unless you liked The Stand, ababuah
Outsider
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I 've read the book, it's still one of my favorite ones. But this film has nothing to do with the book. Travis is an inbred child, and the OXCOM is gay.
The Outsider is supposed to be nothing, neither a dog, nor a monkey.
Total Nut
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

THAT was Jason Priestley? Or was it a different Jason Priestley? Even without the extra weight I wouldn't see any resemblance.
NiJBro
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 01:03:32 AM »

Wow...I've just read the book, and I absolutely LOVED it, but....this movie looks like s**t. I mean, you didn't even mention anything about the Outsider (*NOT* the OXCOM) tracking down the dog....and all of the main characters are kids!! >< I'm sure it's a good-ish movie and all, but...come on. It's movies like this that makes me make SURE I read the book first.  Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown
Nathan Hofstad
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 03:10:34 AM »

I can't freaking believe it. As I've grown older and wiser, I've come to understand and accept the fact that when a book is made into a film, not every detail or plot point is going to make it onto the screen. There's budget constraints, a resonable running time to keep track of, difficulty of visually achieving some scenes in the book, etc. Some characters, even if they're well-written and awesome, are ultimately not 100% vital to the plot and can be cut out.
  Still, the fact that someone desecrated Watchers in this way makes me both furious and sad at the same time. hot The book this movie was based on is a true work of art, a "desert island" novel if there ever was one. How badly did this flick mutilate the book? I'll just say extremely, unforgivably badly, and leave it at that.
 Andrew, I don't pretend to know if you're as much of a book person as you are a B-movie person, but I certainly hope this film doesn't dissuade you from picking up a copy of the novel. It's a true gem.

P.S. This is one of the few books I read where I actually felt awful for the main villian.  Bluesad
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 07:00:20 AM »

Andrew, I don't pretend to know if you're as much of a book person as you are a B-movie person, but I certainly hope this film doesn't dissuade you from picking up a copy of the novel. It's a true gem.

I was fortunate to read the book long before I encountered the movie.  It has been years since I last read it, but I liked the book a lot.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
clubseal
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 11:40:35 PM »

I know it's about three years too late, but if we're talking about desecration, look at what Hollywood (or its backwoods counterpart) did to F. Paul Wilson's The Keep. A crying shame.
Felicity
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 06:07:39 PM »

It was made in 1988 (not 1983). The sequel is pretty good. It has Marc Singer!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Watchers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.