Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:40:15 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Reptilicus « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Reptilicus  (Read 110612 times)
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Seems that copper miners found the remains of a monster which had been frozen for millions of years in arctic permafrost. Nevermind that it appears to be rural Georgia during spring where they are mining, nor that the ground is soft and obviously not frozen,"
"High above the arctic circle it's always springtime. "

Well it is warm in lapland in the spring time.
Just because it is above the arctic circle dosn't mean it's frozen all the year.
Ordway Teed
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I like the setup in the beginning of the film where the "copper miners" are drilling for copper (?-with an oil rig??) in the "frozen tundra of Lapland", where large trees apparently florish in the balmy arctic summer.

Then someone says "fly this sample to Copenhagen right away."  So we have a shot of a Boeing 707 taking off from the local Lapland airport, which has multiple concrete runways bearing a strong resemblance to LAX.

giant claw
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2005, 07:50:16 PM »

And all those people on the bridge thats opening acting like lemmings and going right over the edge and into the water on their bicyceles i mean the creature looks too phonie it would not scare a baby REPTILICUS LOOKS SILLICUS
Chuck S
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ok, so this movie did put the "cheese" into monster movies, but it still is a fun movie to watch. One thing nobody talks about in these reviews is the music in this movie. It is truly phenominal in it's sound and keeps the viewer glued to the screen. This movie is perfect for a midnight showing in your home, with your girl and fav foods and drinks around. Yeah, some scenes may be a bit corny, but the acotors and actoresses play this movie straight. You want real hokey, watch any of the godzilla films, you want fun? watch REPTILICUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Jacob
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I happen to live in Denmark where this movie is recorded and I MUST specify that DENMARK IS NOT LOCATED ABOVE THE ARCTIC CIRCLE!!!!!

its actually in the same climatebelt as new-york city. and it gets hot in NY in the summer time dosnt it ;)

please correct this misunderstanding

Kind regards

The great dane
George
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The year was 1985,thanks to Jarassic Park and Godzilla 85,Ch.30 in ST.Louis brought back a breif revivial of Creature Feature days,oh thoes were the good old days from 1970 to 77 every Saturday nite from 70 to 72 8:00pm to 10:00,73-early 75 10:00pm,then the end slowly came when late in 75 to 76,6:30pm to 8:00pm with movies severly cut for time,77 only very few monsters were shown,the last one was Return of the Giant Monsters,cut up so bad,it was awful to see,and that was the last time I saw it in A.I.P.(had to see Sandy Frank version)until the UPN showed it in 2001,anyway in 1985 Ch.30 had Adverture Theater,and showed some of the monsters we used to see every Saturday,but not Return of the Giant Monsters,one movie I never saw before was Reptilicus,it seemed so strange I thought I'd seen this big sanke before,and then I remembered,from clips on past TV shows like The Monkees,Green Acers and Beverly Hillbillies!,this thing is found forzed in the Laplands brought to Demark where it thaws out and,it should of been better than what it was,and maybe in the original print it might of been,but the big snake just slithers down the streets of Copenhagen(and on the rooftops), occasionally bring down a building or two,I aways wondered if he could fly,like Varan did,yes in the original,but not in this film,just think what might of happened if Reptilicus had met Manda!,why they might of been able to cause major minor damage to some area of the world,and what the heck ever happened to that foot of Reptilicus that blown off in the water?.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2008, 11:48:48 AM »

I had a ball with this cheese danish...
"They say the danes were born on bycycles."
Me : "Yeah, and even more were concieved there."

Inserting the word 'naked' in each pause dureing the song 'Tivolie nights.'

"Orange blood? They struck grabboid!"

"Ah...Oliver J Dragon's evil twin..." ( Its an old fart joke, kids...)

Mr. Peterson : Proof that rednecks can breed anywhere.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
George
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2008, 07:06:40 PM »

Praise be to You Tube!,I just saw the 55 seconds of the so-called famous  or  infamous Reptillicus flying scene,if that is what it was then AIP knew what they were doing all along by not having it,although it would of been a scream to see this things ill fated flight,landing somewhere in the Gobi Desert,and flying high low over maybe London,maybe not ,we're not sure what city it was. Remember that scene where Prof.Martens wanted to stop the underwater attack against Reptillicus,you know when he appeared to be having a heart attack,actually he was.Sindy Pink for some reason did not want AIP to re dub the picture so he made another role of film with all the people doing English,as for Asbjron Andersen,(Martens),he survived and lived until 1978,they had to finish his scenes while he was still able to to do them,and edit them in the film.
Flu-Bird
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2010, 12:12:34 AM »

I saw parts of this movie in a old VHS i used to have it shows the monster attacking the city the bridge and the people on their bicycles falling off the bridge and into the river
oxode
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2010, 10:44:56 PM »

You forgot the only pro for this movie. It is a must for machinegun fans. It is, as far as I know, the only one showing the Madsen light- and the Madsen-Setter universal machine gun in action!
And as bonus a Centurion MBT, normally totally underrepresented in cinema.
HorrorofBob
New Visitor

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »

:hot:Never in all my days could I have imagined a movie worse than The Giant Claw.  I think this is the one.  I truly admire all of the Danes who had the courage to admit that this movie was made in their beautiful homeland.
Eccch, no not Denmark, the movie about a tubular creature that can reestablish itself if a piece is shot off.
The little lounge song routine is cute in a sickening way and even more sickening due his immense overacting is General Grayson.  Oh, boy!  Roll Patton and Montgomery into this one man and you have a Brigadier General who is bucking for his fourth star in this one lousy film.
I don't know how many strings on the marionette I counted through this movie but it had to be in the tens at least.  This movie is available on VHS because I have this tape.  I have been tempted to burn it but have thought the better of it.  I do not know if it is on DVD but for heaven's sake don't produce this dreck in another form.  Thank you.
yongary
New Visitor

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2011, 09:09:58 PM »

I see that you watch the american cut. The origional cut is much better effects wise. there's a giant life sized foot crushing a farm house, the infamous flying scene (its just too funny), there's no slime effect, no person being eaten, added fire in the destruction scene. It's bland and i ended up fast forwarding through most of it (no subtitles) but the giant foot is really cool.   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Reptilicus « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.