Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:36:51 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cemetery Man « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Cemetery Man  (Read 71563 times)
Mandy
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2000, 11:03:28 PM »

I just saw this movie last night. I liked it - why is it listed on "badmovies.org"? I thought it was extremely witty and it kept my attention. I usually fall asleep during most movies (at night, when I'm at home that is) but this one was definately worth watching. Right up there with Evil Dead. Hmm, and Rupert Everett is yummy.
patOlOgen
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This is actually a real gem! It has got everything you´d expect from a genremovie like this. Gore, random acts of violence, some nudity and a lot of humour. What makes this outstanding is it´s production, the camerawork, setting, editing and of course the music! It tells that Michelle Soavi (apprentice of Dario Argento) has been around for a while.
This one ranks with the best zombieflicks out there! Do not miss it!
Izzy
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is, no doubt, one of my all time faves. HOW COULD YOU GUYS NOT HAVE LIKED THAT ENDING?! It could be the best part of the film! Anyways, it really is one of the best movies ever. A film for those who like comedy("Stop, he's only eating me!"), Violence ("If you want to prevent the dead from returning to life why not just kill the living?")Romance (Gnaghi and....ugh...the head....), and Drama (Dellamorte's personal anguish). AN INSTANT CLASSIC. Shame on all of you who didn't like this masterpiece.
Cham
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A little too artsy for me but a decent flick. I love zombies and this one's got em. Loved the Rupert Everett character. And the Curly-esque sidekick that says "nah" a lot. And the ash-made Grim Reaper thing was cool. I give it a 3/5.

carl
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2001, 02:17:46 AM »

EXCELLENT MOVIE!  Disturbing, funny, and provocative all rolled into one strange artsy gory film.  Filled with simple violence but then tackles deep issues like the rest of the world not even being there or your life just being in a snow globe.  Absolutely great movie.  Not to be mean but how did some of you not get it?
nekromantika
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ladies and germs...this is amazing italian movie.
not only its done by one of Argento's fiends,but it had this amazing atmosphere..colors,sounds, effects..blew my mind. rupert and anna (im drooling)OOOOOooooo
  Naggi,the cutie..the whole idea is piece of artwerk which is one and only.. 7 morticia's thumbs up..(7?)
meow
Kyle
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2002, 02:34:18 PM »

I want to see this movie...  If anyone knows where I can buy it online, I would greatly appreciate it if you email me the link...
irrealist
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

People who hated the ending of this movie are pretty lame. It was a great movie, much more than just a boring horror film. I saw it at the theater the day it came out, which was probably the only day it was out. Love the combination of zombies and surrealism. I can't watch movies unless it is either surreal or has zombies in it, this has both. SHATTER DEAD is another great one. Watch that. Oh yeah, it was also totally stupid, like when the girls head was walking around. I love stupid movies. But I don't love people who wanted the existentialism taken out. Those people are gay.
surucucu
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

i dunno, this movie never did it for me; i kept falling asleep. the only thing that could really hold my interest was that GORGEOUS ITALIAN FOX!! if not for her, i would've considered the 90-or-so minutes i spent watching this movie a complete and utter waste.
Bill Hinzman
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

i am writing a script for a zombie movie that i am making
in the summer.it is set in a small housing estate called heaven hill.a chemical spill causes the dead to rise and 4 survivors lock themselves in a underground bunker.
through the night more + more zombies come and groan on the survivors.

this is influenced by George A.Romero's Dead trilogy.i love his dead trilogy but i only own "night of the living dead" + "dawn of the dead".do u know where i could get day of the dead in a store(not the net)?
popman
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Gnaghi is played by François Hadji Ladzarro. He is the  leader of one of the most important independant french rock band. This band is called "les garçons boucher" (butcher boys in english). He only François appears in only 4 or 5 european movies but I can assure you he is a very good actor in very different styles (cop, bad boy...). Anyway, his performance in Dellamorte Dellamore is one of the best.

In the Italian comics "Dylan Dog" which Dellamorte Dellamore is inspired, Gnaghi is replaced by a sort of Groucho Marx clone.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2001, 05:41:13 PM »

I like the ending. I felt in fit with the whole weird ass movie (and it was really weird). Damn was that chick hot or what?
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2002, 11:25:06 AM »

I need to know who the actress was, who played the disembodied head.Anyone have a clue?
Molo
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Actually, I think it was Dylan Dog that grew out of Dellamorte Dellamore. The novel, of the same name, is by DD's creator Tiziano Scavli. The edition I have has been beautifully illustrated by the wonderful Angelo Stano too. But I don't think it's ever been translated into English. <SHAME!!!>

Dylan is based facially on Rupert Everett of course, so actually getting him for this movie was quite a coup. Not to mention the fact that he is YUM. :D

This is one of my favourite movies of all time. I love it. It's possibly the world's only goth zombie movie. I love Michael Soavi's work anyway (The Church was great too, and Stagefright), but this is surely his finest hour!!!

Favourite moments are too numerous too mention but the killing of the nurse is one, and the scene with Death is another.

The film is available to buy on DVD from Europe - there's a German edition (Red Edition) and a Spanish edition (both still in English of course.)
D
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

OK FIRST OF ALL THIS IS NOT A BAD MOVIE! and if you thought so you just didnt understand it. If your adictied to zombie movis like i am ( true most of them are bad!)
then you would understand in refrence what was going on
from The classic Night where the girl runs in the house and then out side its night for no reason! Cemetary man was based off a comic book although ive never seen it and the movie makes moresense if you pay attention to things like when fransisco falls asleep on the phone and winds up killing every one. its funny beacuse that is the best part of the movie and ill tell you why. you can here the sound fiel of death saying " stop killing the dead there mine." in fact thats not true Cemetary took andvantage of the fact that no one in the movie is really dead. there actors and the zombies have a humanside to them unlike the countless dod clones whe its just masses of brain dean monsters but they are people in rerality. then why have ther been so many sombie movies? beacuse its pretty cool when you get to see hundres of people decapotated in 2 hours. the movie plays with that allot and even the philly zombie genra. fransisco " IM NOT DEAD YET! BITE CANT KILL YOU!"
Ok it might not look at first like the best made film but it was not some huge $$$$$ deal. even so it still has better effects then newer movies (resident evil) which is a good name cuz its an evil movie! But what do you expect from a company who has made the same things over and over again for over 13 years.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cemetery Man « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.