Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:18:05 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Howard the Duck « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: Howard the Duck  (Read 167645 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: June 07, 1999, 08:01:20 PM »

Earth's feathered champion is a visitor from outer space who looks decidedly like a walking, talking, beer guzzling duck.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:15:31 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
greyajah@juno.com
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 1999, 01:00:51 PM »

Now this is the kind of bad movie i love, Big budget bomds!. Man was this bad!. This should prove to Star Wars fans that not everything lucas touches turns to gold.
starmonster@netscape.net
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 1999, 01:39:30 PM »

Do ya think MST3K knows about this flik? With a midget in a feathered suit an Laya Thompson looking like a punk-smurf, THIS movie defines kink! It was bad. It was tacky. On the whole it SUCKED! Which is why I have to say... I REALLY LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I've had dreams about Lea T. since th' first Back To The Future. This movie is so bent it just confirmed my lust, correction, love for her... Wuz that politically correct or what?! Just proves what you can REALLY do with great effects an' a duck suit that would make Jim Henson roll over in his grave.
Warren H.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 1999, 01:34:07 PM »

I LOVE this movie!  It has everything you could want: ducks, chicks, lasers, monsters, and Jeffrey Jones.  It even has a Cabover Peterbilt hauling arse.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 1999, 10:38:54 AM »

I saw this movie in the summer of 1986. 3 times to be exact. I did not see it for the plot.[As if there was one to begin with] I saw it to look at Lea Thompson. She was the best thing about the whole film. Lea woud probably want to forget she was ever in this movie, but I count it as the movie that introduced me to the Lovely Lea.
marknalexander@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 1999, 05:10:47 AM »

This is undoubtedly the greatest film EVER!!! The plot, the special effects, the script, the jokes....I could go on forever. If only I could have a pet Howard for myself. If I ever find anybody who doesn't like this film, I will slap their dad!
robertblanks@hotmail.com
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2000, 09:32:37 AM »

Howard the Duck is one of gods gifts to the film industry.  It is a masterpiece of modern (?!) cinematography and Lea Thompson is a mega babe.  The acting is great, well maybe not, but I like to think it's great.  Worthy of an oscar for bad guy dialogue.  Ciao.
STPezatcha
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2000, 06:08:34 PM »

This movie reminds me too much of my bad youth.  I think its pretty sad that a movie about a duck represents most of my youth...I need to start watching better movies
Iain Anglin
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2000, 02:47:35 PM »

Howard the Duck is a classic ''bad movie," that is why I think it is a really good movie. I used to rent this movie eveyday growing up, well also Ghostbusters too.  This movie has great special effects for back in 1986, Jeffery Jones was creepy and hilarious as the scientist who gets possessed by the Dark Overlord, and Lea Thompson in her underwear, oh yeah!!!.  To sum it all up, Howard the Duck is a great film that everyone has to see at least once.  WHY DID GEORGE LUCAS DISOWN THIS FILM, STAR WARS: EPISODE 1 wasn't all that great either.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2000, 02:01:11 AM »

A gulity Pleasure in every sense of the word. The Plot is insane, but fun anyway. Tim robbins is funny, Lea thompson is sexy and Howard the duck is also funny. The movie is entertaining if you  can overlook how loony it is. I really liked this movie as a kid and now Tts a gulity pleasure.          
bvibng12
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I actually SAW this movie when it came out. Luckily I don't remember much about it I do remeber that I wished I hadn't wasted my money. If I had rented it and watched at home I won't have minded so much.Bad movles don't seem so bad on the small screen in fact I like them but maybe it has something to do with the lousy popcorn in theaters and the fact that they change 6 bucks for it.Actually how do they get us to spend our hard earned money on these movies same as how they get us to buy the popcorn? Did ya ever get extra butter figuring that it would help the taste of the popcorn and the butter was COLD!!!
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2000, 03:56:47 PM »

I hate this movie. It is the 2nd worst comic book flick ever. (number 1 being Batman and Robin. brrr)
RIMJOB
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is KILLER!!! Based on the awesome Marvel Comic book character, Howard is a sarcastic bastard. The comic book was better but since Lucasfilms did make this movie for the 80's Gi Joe, He Man & Transformers crowd (me back then)it is to be expected that it would be lamer than the book. BTW the lamest comic movies ever made are The Fantastic Four followed by Captain America, followed by The Punisher (coolest thing about this movie was the knife)
Kaytee
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I really love this movie, I dont know why, all my friend hate it and think it sucks. I guess the only reason that i like it coz it came out the year i was born and it's been a childhood favorite ever since!!! I know i know messed up childhood right? maybe that why im so messed up these days!
Well I think that i've never ever met n e one who likes it as much as i do, That might be why i like it too! Because i hate it when every like something grrr... well all you howard the duck lovers out there feel free to e mail me @ Vuja de girl@aol.com
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I thought I would talk some more about this film. This is one of the movies I found so much fun to see at the tender age of 16. Who's That Girl, was another, but it came out one year later. Oh well. It's still an eighties movie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Howard the Duck « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.