Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:16:38 AM
714470 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Piranha « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Piranha  (Read 35735 times)
Joe Stalin
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this flick whaen I was about 10 years old.I would'nt go swimming at the cottage that summer and my parents did'nt know why.
I later watched the movie as an adult.I would have loved it if the piranhas saw action in 'Nam.Still, good plot and acting.What I learned fromthis movie is don't drain mysterious pools at old Army installations.It can only lead to trouble!
Joe 19
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 1999, 11:05:50 PM »

I think this is one of THE best horror movies ever.  An excellent direction, good script, above average acting for a low budget flick.  And very eerie and terrifying.  One of the better horror movies to come out of the 70's  
Matt Tritico
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 1999, 04:46:37 PM »

This one is excellent! From all the in-jokes layered through John Sayles witty script to the creepy locations, eerie music, and top notch effects, Pirahna is a cult classic. Heather Menzies who plays Maggie is so funny and tough, she is the ultimate heroine. Dante also makes good use of comedy, drama, and terror throughout the film to make it a fun ride. This one needs to be re-released on video or DVD, it's a must see.
Warren H.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 1999, 01:38:21 PM »

My favorite line from this movie that you didn't put in the dialgue sound bites, is "A pretty girl like you ought to be better than that at takin' a man's pants off."  Heh heh.
SaMhAin
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 1999, 09:45:11 PM »

I watched this movie on pay tv one night because I had heard all these reviews saying stuff like "A very enjoyable horror-comedy" .I already had a clear vision of what it was going to be like,and I wouldn't have even watched it if the consumer warning didn't say it had nudity. There turned out to be very little,and the movie was almost dead-set how I thought it would be- predictably set up attacks from the Piranha,lame 'gags' thrown in,and the predictable end where the hero disposes of the killer fish.Watch 'Jaws' or 'Tintorera' instead.
Paul H.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2000, 10:00:28 AM »

Corman is the best.  Such variety (in story and quality) between his films

For its time Piranha is a pretty good film and is worth watchng on a sunday afternoon (every sunday afternoon).  Despite being a Corman film I actually don't considure this a b-movie.  It was made with to much care and it really didn't have a tongue in cheek feel.  Nevertheless, still a good movie.  Actually better than Jaws in some ways.  Jaws won't be at my child's summercamp.

Watch back to back with any killer bee movie.

3 green globs or 6.5 out of 10
Chris K.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2000, 07:36:33 AM »

Better than Steven Speilbergs slow film JAWS. PIRAHNA is considered to be a parody of the 1950's monster films, but it is not. The specila effects are gross, the performances are top noch, the photography is colorful, and the script is witty. Available on DVD with thetarical trailer, bloopers, commentary by the director, and other stuff to look forward to. Like I always said, Roger Corman is the master of films and not George Lucas or Steven Speilberg.
T-Bone
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2000, 07:54:32 AM »

I love this movie!  It has to be one of the best horror movies ever.  The script is hilarious and the special effects are pretty good for the budget.  The best part of the movie has to be the feeding noises, though.  I'd have to give Piranha 5 out of 5.
dustin(horror fan)
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2000, 08:56:20 PM »

this movie has its scenes like near the end oh my god!that guys face is ripped up and his eyeball is turned over!then the kids bleeding and all its a pretty good movie and ill add my review to my site but the begining i mean come on!that was painful!!!except for breasts!
chadzilla
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2000, 07:18:04 PM »

This movie, along with Alligator, is one of my two absolute favorite mutant monster movies from the seventies.  And, what do you know, both were written by John Sayles, mmmm I wonder...
lostmissy
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I didn't enjoy this movie very much. There wasn't anything offbeat or even very interesting to it. just the regular hohum 'who gets eaten next' movie that Mr Corman can (and sometimes does) put out in a day. Not really trying to trash the film too much..just hard to get excited about it  one way or the other. Maybe if you were sick in bed it would be tolerable to watch.
Christopher Schneider
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Interesting fact: piranha's are actually not that vicious! They only feed on dead or dying animals, which they sense their blood. The natives aren't that afraid of them (respectful, but not afraid) The real prick in the Amazon to watch for is this tiny, spiny minnow-sized fish that has the nasty habit of being attracted to peoples urine and swimming up a mans urethra (tinkle tube) getting lodged in the process. Ouch.
pete
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Fun, campy low-budget JAWS rip-off, one of the better ones made. (Though, admittedly, that ain't saying much.) One thing, though, we see the heroine at the beginning playing a JAWS arcade game. A very primitive game, of course. (Remember, this from the late-seventies.) Still, I wonder if such a game was ever actually made, and if so just what it would be like to play it.  
fortheloveofGore
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2005, 12:12:40 PM »

seen this movie,back in 1981,liked it then,still like it now.dick miller is nuts = funny as usual.
crystal
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm still afraid to go in water I can't see to the bottom of. I just listened to the feeding noise and KNOW I'm going to have nightmares.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Piranha « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.