Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:36:06 PM
714456 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Piranha II « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Piranha II  (Read 56490 times)
Squishy The Squid
« on: June 30, 1999, 10:41:40 AM »

Think the synchronized-quartz-watch bit is funny here, get a load of John Carpenter's VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED. A bomb timer and a wall clock in the same room just happen to be synched down to the millisecond. Faaart. VOTD is a good fun watch 'cuz a slew of bad actors are forced to kill themselves over the course of the film, and Michael Pare gets his before his credit appears.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 1999, 01:21:59 AM »

The only saving thing about the whole movie is that the future star of millenium is in the movie .
Warren H.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 1999, 01:40:33 PM »

Uuhhhh . . . pain.  The first Piranha wasn't great, but this is worse.  Did little Jimmy Cameron actually direct this movie?  Whoa, if so, he went from making totally crappy movies to making kick-ass movies, to making crappy movies with awesome special effects.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2000, 11:01:23 AM »

Any movie that depicts something completely unrealistic, such as flying piranha has to be quite a unique film. I have not seen this one yet, but since I enjoyed the first film, my curiosity is getting to me. Nice video jacket cover.
Paul Westbrook (again)
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2000, 11:03:01 AM »

So these creatures are the real reason the Titanic sank.
Sean Finnigan
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2000, 10:25:15 PM »

James Cameron and H.A. Milton both worked on this project and the end result was one bad film. What was James Cameron thinking when he made this film?
The first Piranha was a spoof of Jaws but this film was a direct horror film. The nurse scene was funny but the rest of the film is retarded and unfunny. Is it me or is everyone in this film ugly where did James Cameron get these actors.
Stefan Robak
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2000, 09:05:00 PM »

I'm not sure about veryone else but I'm from Canada were we get Space (the Canadian Sci-Fi channel) where we aren't so uptight with censorship (Space even showed Flesh Gordon a couple of times!  Late at night of course)  Anyway I remember the commercial they did for when they were showing this.  They start playing the upbeat dancing music from Titanic and show under water shots and it says: Space Presents James Cameron's Romantic tale of Tragedy at sea..... Piranah 2: the Spawning.  SEE WHY JAMES CAMERON WAS FIRED. Then it shows a dork from the movie saying : "sounds great"  It still wasn't funny as the Godzillathon commercial they had that has to be scene to be believed.  BTW Space is from the creators of Much Music and Bravo (I don't know if you get Bravo in America).
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2000, 07:44:01 AM »

Well, James Cameron had to start somewhere. It's not like he was given 200 million bucks and full creative control--and with a concept this preposterous, how much effort would ANYONE put into it?...He's not proud of it, but he also worked on Roger Corman's "Galaxy of Terror," famous for its scene of a woman being raped to death by a giant maggot. Like I said, they gotta start somewhere...
Chris K.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2000, 10:41:37 AM »

James Cameron directed this mess! What an idiot! PIRANAH was good but PIRANAH 2:THE SPAWNING. Basicaly, do not see this bad film for it's numerous reasons(bad acting, dumb special effects, boom mikes are seen in windows, crappy plot,etc.). Of course I am not a fan of Cameron's work (When he recieved the Oscar for TITANIC, he asked the audience to bow their heads in prayer for the people who died on the ship! What an ASS).
Dave
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2000, 04:35:15 PM »

The reason for the boom mikes is becasue the filmmakers intend to place a matte over that, the video transfer that you probably saw was an open matte presentation.
Chris K.
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2000, 07:32:37 AM »

I take back what I said about the boom mikes, but still PIRANAH 2 is a junky-clunky film with no visual power. Worse than PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE.
Chris K.
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2000, 02:20:35 PM »

If anyone wonders why I called James Cameron an ass, when he recieved the Academy Award for TITANIC he said "Let's all bow our heads and pray for the people who was on the ship." I have one word to describe Cameron: Brownoser!
Christina M.
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2000, 01:07:11 PM »

Hilarious; the flying fish jumping out of the corpse was wonderful!  A "Jaws" cash-in, I assume?

If you love bad Henriksen movies, try "Delta Heat" with Anthony Edwards ( Dr. Green from E.R.)  It's a mis-matched buddy cop thing, a 48 hours rip-off, maybe? Henriksen has a _hook_ in this movie.   I howled!
John B.
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2000, 03:23:32 PM »

I agree with my fellow postees that this sucker is bad in all the usual ways. But I gotta tell you, the sight of Tricia O'Neil scuba diving in that white bathing suit was ALMOST worth the price of rental....
Dave Moran
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One  funny  film
I  like  Mr  Henriksen,  and  at  least  he  looks  slightly  cheerier  here  than  he  ususally  does.
And  there's  that  '  added  footage'  with  the  semi-nude  ladies.
And  there's  the  way  that  flying  piranha  make  a  noise  like  a  gaggle  of  irritated  turkeys ( make  you  own  pun,  please )
And  there's  the  guy  who  wanders  out  into  the  darkness  carrying  a  flaming  torch.  What's  he  goona  do,  shoo  them  away?
Get  drunk  and  watch  it  again.
You'll  laugh  like  a  drain.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Piranha II « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.