Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:11:43 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Killer Shrews « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Killer Shrews  (Read 95187 times)
Blake
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2003, 12:06:07 AM »

As a kid, this movie scared the living s**t out of me more than any other film. Cheap effects, but somehow...they worked! Creepy.
Jim
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is great!! all the other people saw this as a kid on some bad local TV channel, I thought I was the only one! It would have been 1970ish for me and I never forgot the movie.  It seemed pretty cool at the time, and now I can appreciate the truly awful diaogue and acting.

Even as a nine year old I remember thinking along the lines of  "dude why don't you get a bigger tree to climb?"
Jeffrey Stube
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

You neglected to mention that Farell was played by Ken Curtis- AKA "Festus" of TV's 'Gunsmoke'! Besides the carpet-wearing dogs, all I remember of the movie is a clean-shaven but none-too-sober Festus locking horns with Roscoe P. Coltrane. hehehe!
Lunkhead
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"The shrews were out there.  I couldn't take a chance!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have watched this countless times since the early 60's.  My fav flick from 1959.  Now I proudly own it on both VHS and DVD, so if one machine breaks I won't be left shrewless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"They don't leave much. Do they?"
tyler
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 03:58:31 PM »

I almost bought this the otherday. it was on dvd.a double feature with the giant gila monster and the killer shrews.they are from the same director:kellog.He shot both movies in texas and were done at the same time.talk about a crammed schedule! it was only a 5 dollar dvd.
Donald
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only kid who got the crap scared out of him watching this movie in the 1960's. This movie was truly terrifying because there was no way to stop them from chewing their way thru the walls and getting to you.

I got a copy of the movie from Walmart for $1.00, and watched it again. And it still is as scary as the first time I saw it (almost)!!!
Jon
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Here is another bullet item to ad to your "The Things I Learned From This Movie" List:  Shooting a gun inside a steel drum WILL NOT HURT YOUR EARS.
Jack Parsons
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love the pacing of this movie. A bit of dialog, maybe a shrew attack, hardcore drinking, and repeat. This is pretty much how I would handle myself on an island full of killer shrews and a fully-stocked bar. Every other scene is at the adobe shrew-lab bar, and unlike movies now, I'm pretty sure the drinking wasn't fake.

kjw
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The scene where the horses get eaten up by the shrews reminded me had one of the horses been MR. Ed he would have been yelling Wilbur help me and bring me inside,the shrews are out here,and they are about to tear my hide to pieces.A great B horror flick of it's time.
Sora the B-Movie Alchemist
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm surprised the shrews got these guys before the alchohol poisoning.

Factoid: The Giant Gila Monsters director also directed this movie.

Violence: **
Goofiness: *****
Monster: **
Actors: *
Overall: ***
rod
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm half way through this movie and I'm surprized no one has pointed out all the smoking going on in this! Notice how everyone's lighting up every other minute? I haven't seen too many B horror movies so maybe this was just the obvious.. anyways, I'm going out for a smoke now. whew!
JT
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just recieved the MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000) DVD sets vol. 7-8, and this film was non-surprisingly featured as part of vol. 7. I thought it was pretty funny- sure, at times it's pretty bland with the actors just sitting, conversating and drinking martinis, but it certainly has its moments. Kudos to the mindless filmmakers that created this cult sleeper!
IT
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I hate to admit it but this movie scared me as a kid but only a little.Okay I'm lying it sent me running upstairs hiding under my bed.I would love to see a remake of this fun movie today.
Kristanna
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie was crappy I mean the music was off and what the hell was up with that chicks accent are you sure it's not just a lisp! The dogs I mean shrews all look retarded and the costuming and acting was horrible!

Thanx for listening
♥Kristanna
godzillavsdogora
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Poor actors, an "island", and dogs wearing shagrugs, OH MY!!! 4 some reason this movie makes me hungry. Maybe it's the "starvation in less than 24 hrs"?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Killer Shrews « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.