Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:19:18 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Rocky Horror Picture Show « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: The Rocky Horror Picture Show  (Read 161023 times)
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

RHPS is so awesome! wat is wrong with u people that say its not good? u should die by falling into a bottomless pit. that means by starving.  anyways, back to the movie.  KICK-ASS! the songs got stuck in my head for days, but thats ok cause they're awesome.  I'm sure by the time we have flying cars and all that crap, RHPS will still be showing in theatres and people will still love it.
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Heres a film that's aimless, shallow, and boring. Sure there's a cult following, and yes some may find this show entertaining. But for me the only thing memorable in this film is Tim Curry and a few musical numbers. This is a cult film that doesn't live up to it's hype. Sorry.
*1/2
Backseater
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

A minor RHPS trivia question: On what day (night) does the party take place?  Answer: August 5, 1974.  On the car radio, Brad and Janet are listening to Nixon's resignation speech.
Corey
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My favorite Bad movie of all time. I watch it all the time when it's on. I wish I were Riff Raff, cause I think Magenta is HOT! (I always fall for the creepy girls. It's a weakness of mine.) Long Live Tim Curry!
Lady Of The Lake
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

OMG OMG
I looooooove this movie, first R rated film i ever saw. It's not a movie it's a relgion! See the live show, if you can, its like a whole new level of rockyness...my fave movie musical...and i've seen more than my fair share. Magenta rules!
I met Tim Curry. He is AWESOME and he called me brilliant.
Don't dream it..be it.
Alexandria
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

1. "A minor RHPS trivia question: On what day (night) does the party take place? Answer: August 5, 1974. On the car radio, Brad and Janet are listening to Nixon's resignation speech."

True, but the Criminologist says that it takes place on a November evening. Consider it a blunder.

2. "well, it's not necessarily a bad movie...not bad in the sense that, say, 'mod squad' was. the reason the dialogue is kinda stupid is because that was the idea. richard o'brien (not quite a god, but pretty damn close) had already written a bunch of songs for fun, then created some b-movie dialogue and b-movie situations and dubbed it 'the rocky horror show'. tim curry kicks much ass in this film, he's so funny. it's got great songs, funny lines"

I agree completely. I don't consider this to be a "bad" movie because it doesn't really try to be "good." It's just a lot of fun, and Tim Curry as Frank-N-Furter holds it together. Plus, I don't think it ever gets too campy or silly. The movie makes sense within itself.
Tim
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Just simply the best movie you can ever hope to see.
Curry is superb
Sarandon is sublime
O'Brien is disturbingly O'Brien
and Brad - well he's just an **rsehole
Frances
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!! This is my favourite movie. It may seem strange that it is since I was not even alive when it was released, by may i say, 25 years and still going strong, that must mean something! I know most of the dialogue and all of the songs, and if that is anything to go by, I am setting out trying to convert people to the greatness of RHPS! Unfortunately, I have not seen it live, but man, do I want to! This movie is such a cult classic that everyone MUST see it in their lifetime, even if (God forbid) they never even see it again! By the way, if you don't call it a cult movie, then what do you call a movie that is played back to back for more than 24 hours?
Zorzy
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2005, 04:52:08 PM »

This film is sick and twisted! And I love it!
Aimee
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2005, 02:41:44 PM »

I think this is the best film i have ever seen. Being 15 i have obviously seen many! But this one tops them all! Only trouble is i cant find the film on dvd anywhere-on ebay i have lost the bid an amazing 8 times!!!  Can anyone tell me where i can get a copy, that doesnt involve a credit card on the internet please?! Cheers!!
Nenö
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The best film/musical of the world!
I really love the "London Musical Theatre" and maybe it´s because I´m a little bit....crazy :-)
I really love the cast - just look @ Ellie Chidzey (alias Magenta) with her incredible voice.
I´m proud to be a fan of the film & the musical
Would like if any others would send me some mails!

"Only because you´re paranoid it doesn´t mean we´re not after you!!!"
Moi
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Right, the film is totally cool, but i don't know how all these people who hate it can take it so seriously! It's dude's in fishnets for god's sake! Loosen up a little!

Emma
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is my most favorite movie, ever! I first watched it in 7th or 8th grade, and at first, I admit, I was weirded out by it...but I watched it again and I have loved it ever since! This is a very bizzard/twisted movie and that's why I love it sooo much! I would like to go see a stage show but there aren't any near me :'(. RHPS is the world to me. I love the songs and the script and just everything about it!!! If you haven't seen it, you must! Then you can have all of your friends watch it...yay! Anyways, I just can't express enough how much I love this movie. My friends think I am and the movie are weird, but oh well! It's an awesome movie...but that's my opinion. ~MAGENTA FAN!
LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!! (AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.........) I just watched it again last night, and I will again tonight, and again...!
Lady of the Lake--That's awesome that you got to meet Tim Curry!
Zorzy--with ya there!

Remember...DON'T DREAM IT, BE IT!!!
Serika
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is pure awesomeness.  I saw Rocky Horror last year when I was 12.  The first time, I was a bit creeped out, but when I saw it again I loved it.  RHPS live was the most fun I'd ever had.  Of course, I was still partially innocent, so the whole virgin thing creeped me out, even if it was just bending over.  As soon as I get my driver's license, I need to come to another show.  Shock Treatment is also awesome.  Yeah..

Anyone who hasn't seen Rocky Horror is missing out.  The songs are great, the acting is awesome, yet again I say 'awesome', and the plot.. Err, the plot.. umm... Anyways, yes, Rocky Horror's just a lot of fun, whether you're watching with your friends or watching it live.  
Mychyl
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

So many people just don't get it. And keep trying to, seeing the DVD or watching it on those rare occasions it surfaces on TV.

If you're not AT the show, you're only getting about 20% of the experience. Do yourself a favor and go. It's the greatest show in existence, even if the movie itself has quite a few "meh" sections.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Rocky Horror Picture Show « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.