Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:10:46 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Green Slime « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Green Slime  (Read 88128 times)
Elizabeth
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I barely remember seeing this movie. My family would go to the Christ-Town Theater in Phoenix just to see Wallace and Ladmo on stage - and this was usually the movie that was playing. I don't remember any of the plot, I don't remember any of the scenes - I was merely trying to win a Ladmo Bag.

If anyone is interested in learning more about Wallace and Ladmo, go to search and type in Wallace and Ladmo. Many websites will pop up - my favorite one is "In Memory of Ladimir Kwiatkowski." You can also join the Wallace & Ladmo Show group at Yahoo. Loads of fun - and maybe even another chance to win that elusive Ladmo Bag!
peter
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I missed this first time around. My parents took me to see 2001 but they weren't into B movies.
Objectively the best thing about this movie is the game it spawned: Awful Green Things From Outer Space.
However: I love it. The crap effects and the wooden acting are only matched by the silly story.
More cheese than Cheddar.
Chris
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I saw this wonderful piece of crap on cable, when cable was just HBO and two TV stations out of Philly. It is interesting to know that Stanley Kubrick’s classic 2001: a space odyssey was released in the same year and by the same company, MGM in 1968. Was this pure coincidence or, gasp, an intentional plot...
Jamie
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this movie for the first time a couple of days ago.  Definately worth staying up till 5 am.  This movie is great.  Rankin is my hero.  That man has some moves.  No one does an acrobatic dive role quite like him.  Also when he throws the bed at the blob in the infermery to get away, wow nicely done.  You definately don't see heroes in modern movies doing such things.  I wonder if he does all his stunts.  
Dave
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I loved your review of this, ahem, science fiction classic.  It's a blast to watch "The Green Slime" in all its campiness and B-movie glory.

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2005, 07:10:36 PM »

The second best Sci-Fi dance sequence ever.
IT
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2005, 06:07:57 PM »

A very fun and enjoyable bad movie.This movie was to me the best of the low budget scifi movies of the 60s I give it 6 STARS.
Timothy
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Saw this movie back in the 80's and loved it, saw it the other day on cable and I still love it.  The dodgy effects and acting add to the appeal of this movie for me.

Some of the script is just so bad, and why after emptying their lasers into the slime they chick the things at them I don't know but the film world is full of such wornderous plot pieces so I don't really care.

I give this movie a thumbs up every time

Tim
Vince
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 08:08:25 PM »

I saw this movie when I was 10 years old at the Hermo Theater in Hermann, MO in July 1969.  My family had just moved to town and we begged our parents to let us go after seeing the title "The Green Slime" on the marquee.  We kids walked there by ourselves, and got in for 50 cents apiece.  We all loved it!

I haven't seen the film since, but I remember the theme song--my brother and I used to sing it to each other because it was so cool!  The last time I thought about it (until now) was when the original "Alien" film was released.  Now, it had been a long time since I had seen "Slime", but it sure seemed to me that the plot of "Alien" was awfully similar.  Anybody agree?
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 08:47:12 PM »

Could this movie be any cooler? I don't think so. I LOVE this one and very much enjoyed the review on site here. The opening song has to be one of the greatest of its type ever.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
already_taken
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 11:46:31 PM »

I remember seeing this film at a single screen theater (yes, there were such things in those days).  I recall promos for the movie in the local newspaper: The Green Slime are Coming!  I remember wondering, even at my then tender age, about the curious grammatic structure of that phrase.  The plot of the movie as I recall involved slimy pond scum-like stuff attacking first the ship then occupants of ship. It later became standard a Star Trek plot artifice.   What I failed to appreciate then was the hunky/hottieness of the actors.  It seems I had a more acute appreciation of what mattered when I was eleven years old.
vanightwolf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2008, 09:55:10 AM »

So many bad movies feature such GREAT music. Who WAS the singer of "The Green Slime"? A guy named Charles Fox is credited with the film's music, but was he the one who actually SANG that song? I heard the song was released as a 45-single around '68 or '69.
vanightwolf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »

By the way, the shooting script for "The Green Slime" was based on a screenplay by Renato Moretti and Ivan Reiner (or Reitner), who brought us the Italian baddie "Wild Wild Planet" as well as several other Z-grade sci-fiers. It seems they couldn't raise the money in Italy to make it, so they sold it to producers in Japan, and the rest is bad-movie history. At least the laser-guns in "Green Slime" aren't poorly disguised propane-torches.
Ometiklan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2009, 10:56:29 PM »

Just finished watching this little gem...
Now... Not only is Rankin the hero of this film but.
He is also the jackass that caused the whole problem in the first place!
By smashing Dr.Halverson's sample onto A rock while they were still on the asteroid.
This idiot splashed some of the green slime onto His spacesuit.
Unknowingly bringing it back to Gamma 3!

Wonder if that was in His final report.

Still A fun movie though!

9/10 stars..

And when he shall die
Take him and cut him into little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »

Also...
When going to light speed to out run an anti-matter blast...turn on the force fields BEFORE you go to 10 Gees! idiot!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Green Slime « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.