Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:59:26 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Maximum Overdrive « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Maximum Overdrive  (Read 77941 times)
Fastfreddi
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2002, 06:05:51 PM »

Come on guys, this movie is a violent work of art. I love this film because of the over the top violence. Trucks that kill because of the green s**t! Good enough for me. Plus its got AC/DC music. All this movie needed was some tits, and it would have been perfect. Kill, Kill, Kill!!!!!!!!!
Dixie Girl
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is one of the greatest movies of all time. I love cheap 80's movies and Emilio!! All that blood and gore rocks, too!
Jay Ritchie
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I loved this move.I could not stop laughed about the
pop-machine for so long.I realy like the steemroler part
only it would have bin more funy if it happend to
somewon who deserved it like Mr.Hendershot,the creepy salesmen or my Jr.High principal.AC/DC did a good
music-track but than agan thay always ROCK!
James Perry
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I read the short story and was disappointed in the movie translation.  However, when one does NOT expect Gone With The Wind one can have much more fun with a film like this.  Campy, cheezy, should've been riffed by Mike (or Joel) and the bots!
Skynet
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2003, 12:29:59 PM »

I really like the movie I like the mask on the truck!!!! :)
TheGreatWasabi
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Come on dudes, this movie is priceless.  The violence is so fake and gratuitous that you can't help but laugh.  The cameo by Stephen King was pretty good.  I got a kick out of some guy being killed by a clock.  The movie wasn't supposed to be serious!  It's a comedy diguised as a horror flick.  The AC/DC tunes were an added bonus.  I agree, the steamroller and the pop machine were sheer genius. ^_^
derek
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2003, 09:41:57 PM »

Truly one of the most misguided movies ever made. But, in a strange way, oddly compelling.Kinda like watching neighbors fight, you know you shouldnt, you know its wrong, but you just cant help yourself. As a movie, its a piece of crap. As a guilty pleasure, A MASTERPIECE!!!!!
moviecollector
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love this classic. Great soundtrack by AC/DC. This is a true bad classic from the 80's.

'Who made me!'
Brine
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2004, 01:17:51 PM »

Truly a classic among great horror movies. I truly fell in love with the violence and suspense of this movie, and yet it was such a low quality it provided comedy at the same time. Surely one of the movies i can watch over and over again.
janine
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I love this movie....My fav of all time...
Not to mention AC/DC Music
Propmaster
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2004, 07:55:19 PM »

Awesome movie!!! I have the original Green Goblin head used in the movie!! To check it out visit my site: www.hollywoodpropcollector.com !!
Jeska
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Maybe I need to get a life, but....
1. the reason the cars didn't turn against the people is cuz cars in the 80's weren't electronic. Rhea-M (the comet) was an electromagnetic frequency.
2. yes, the toy truck had the Green Goblin's face, also, inside the truck was a Green Goblin jack-in-a-box.
3. why didn't anyone question what was going on? they all just accepted it, just as they accept we have to breathe to live. "oh, well, there's an alien comet taking over our electronics b/c their planet has no resources left and they need to kill us. RUN!" no questions asked.
4. did you notice they went to save the creepy salesman & then just left him there anyway when they found the kid?
5. this movie shows how naive humans really are, the trucks spared the people's lives in Dixie Boys so they could have someone to feed them, and when the people gave them their last drop of fuel, the trucks attacked. stupid idiots.
6. did anyone notice the jet crashed into the school bus? that was awesome! almost as cool as the steamrolled kid!
Jeff
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 09:26:32 AM »

With AC/DC , Yeadly Smith, killer electric knives and pin ball games, fat guy on a toilet, how can you wrong.  Take the movie for what it is.  Loved it.
JT
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie might of dragged on at parts, but it had a little bit of something for every part of me. I love bad movies, Stephen King, ACDC, The Simpsons (Yeardley Smith)- not to mention the amount of stuff I won't see in any other film (steamrolled kids and projectile vending machines: sweeeet)!
Drew
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 04:52:53 PM »

This is too awesome for words. Death by electric knife? Soda machine? Toy car? Arcade game? f**king cool!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Maximum Overdrive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.