Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:13:44 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Lift « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Lift  (Read 55932 times)
Pieter de Wolf
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dude...fell off my chair and almost died laughing when I discovered De Lift while scrolling through this list. I remember talking about this flick for days when I'd seen it for the first time as a kid. Too bad there aren't any oversized reptiles, insects or amphibians in this one, but it sure beats the hell out of the vast majority of Dutch films and I can actually live with the fact that it's broadcasted on TV at least twice a year.

btw, am I the only one that would like to see Katja Schuurman or Chantal Janzen being eaten by some giant latex critter?;)

P.
Nasty Nate
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Pretty bad movie, but there is one way to make it a little enjoyable.  Get a good stock of beer and sit down with some friends.  Everytime a character says the word "lift" everyone shouts the word out and drinks.  Much better movie this way.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 05:27:34 PM »

First of all, my reaction upon discovering this review was, 'huh?'  Second, "Wait a minute!  A killer elevator movie?"  Third, "I check this out!!"  Overall, another crappy movie and I must say that decapitation reminds me of the Last Crusade for some reason.  For an R film, that wasn't really that graphic, just... weird...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Drake1980
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »

English:  This is indeed a great dutch horror movie. The first time when i saw this movie, i liked it.  TeddyR

(Dutch) Nederlands: Dit is inderdaad een geweldige Nederlandse horrorfilm. De eerste keer dat ik deze film zag, vond m al goed.  TeddyR
John John
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2010, 05:28:04 AM »

I am waiting for the promised follow-up known as "The Escalator"  BounceGiggle
Leonie
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 07:55:23 AM »

@ Guilherme Oliveira, it is not in Deutsch, it is in Dutch!
Deutsch is the German word for German.
Dutch is the English word for Nederlands (Dutch in Dutch).
katherinec
New Visitor

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 07:06:18 PM »

You can watch "The Lift" and tear it apart together...it's embedded on the page Horrible Movies on Facebook!
Felicity
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 06:59:54 AM »

I just saw this movie, and I would also like to know the names of the English dub actors. Some of them sounded like they were the same actors from Robotech (1980s).

(Neither the closing credits of the movie nor IMDB give the names of the English dub actors.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Lift « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.